AFL Player #18: Lewis Hayes - Re-signs until 2026 - 24/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you seen Hayes play at all? It’s hard to believe you have honestly. Despite his maturing body and still developing game, most would say he is putting laverde under pressure. He looks an absolute keeper. The question is how we hold onto him, not whether to get rid of him!
I didn’t say we should get rid of him. You said that.

I simply explained how cynical I am in relation to seeing talent not being held onto at a VFL level due to years of seeing it happen.

I’m gonna get a coffee and you can keep having a conniption.

I simply explained how cynical I am in relation to seeing talent not being held onto at a VFL level due to years of seeing it happen.

So he’s a talent now but earlier you were saying “it’s pretty obvious he won’t be offered a contract”? But it’s only obvious because you’re a cynic? Somewhere in there I feel you’ve crossed a line between cynicism for the club and making a comment on the actual player. I mean why be so cynical unless you think he’s at greater risk than most?
I agree that we seem to miss opportunities at times but I think it’s clear that Hayes has shown enough to avoid that fate.

So he’s a talent now but earlier you were saying “it’s pretty obvious he won’t be offered a contract”? But it’s only obvious because you’re a cynic? Somewhere in there I feel you’ve crossed a line between cynicism for the club and making a comment on the actual player. I mean why be so cynical unless you think he’s at greater risk than most?
I agree that we seem to miss opportunities at times but I think it’s clear that Hayes has shown enough to avoid that fate.
You’re overthinking this mate. I hope he gets a contract and my cynical arse gets handed to me.

He's a pick in the 20s, what young talent in the first two rounds of draft have we discarded too quickly? If anything we hold on too long to our high picks hoping they come good.
If this is about voss and Massimo one was a pre season supplemental pick the other a mid season pick.

True. But 'managed' is what I'm driving at here. If the reason is that Dees' forwardline is smaller then the reality is that Laverde has been omitted for a smaller player. If Laverde really is being 'managed' you'd think it should be a like for like replacement. They should call it for what it is. He's been omitted because it's tactical.
If Laverde plays VFL then you can call it tactical. IF he is rested from the VFL then it is managed

True. But 'managed' is what I'm driving at here. If the reason is that Dees' forwardline is smaller then the reality is that Laverde has been omitted for a smaller player. If Laverde really is being 'managed' you'd think it should be a like for like replacement. They should call it for what it is. He's been omitted because it's tactical.
It’s borderline I reckon

There’s a case to be made that if a medium-ish defender is out (managed) it makes sense to bring back the medium defender who was managed the week before

Have you seen Hayes play at all? It’s hard to believe you have honestly. Despite his maturing body and still developing game, most would say he is putting laverde under pressure. He looks an absolute keeper. The question is how we hold onto him, not whether to get rid of him!

Definitely not yet. He’s miles off an AFL game.

It kind of does matter if he’s 19 or 29.

And no one has said some other team can’t offer him money.

It’s your panic merchant schtick about ‘omg a young kpp isn’t playing AFL they’ll never be played they should leave’ which is exactly what you pulled with Bryan.

You’re still a tad salty on Bryan

I know what you mean. Feels a bit like what happened with Eyre and the other tall defender from same draft whose name escapes me.

Still, Scott talks a lot about playing players when they are absolutely ready to play at their best….maybe it’s that.

I know what you mean. Feels a bit like what happened with Eyre and the other tall defender from same draft whose name escapes me.

Still, Scott talks a lot about playing players when they are absolutely ready to play at their best….maybe it’s that.
Brand 👍
Eyre was unlucky Walla wanted to come back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really, I just find you posting the same exact thing all the time extremely tedious. Particularly given how obviously ill informed it is.

Your response shows you’ve taken absolutely none of the replies anyone has given to you on board though.

It’s funny you say that, yet it’s you that comes into the Hayes thread and brings it up when no one else is talking about it.

There’s hints of saltiness there I’m sorry to tell you

It’s funny you say that, yet it’s you that comes into the Hayes thread and brings it up when no one else is talking about it.

There’s hints of saltiness there I’m sorry to tell you

As I said:

I just find you posting the same exact thing all the time extremely tedious.

Your response shows you’ve taken absolutely none of the replies anyone has given to you on board though.

Happy to prove yet again I have zero clue - genuinely happy the kid's got a contract extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #18: Lewis Hayes - Re-signs until 2026 - 24/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back