AFL Player #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you stay if Jye Menzie was getting a game over you?
I meant the comment across multiple player threads not Nick specifically. I think I was overthinking it and that you had some inside info re rumours of a group of players not being happy with getting a bake from Scott.

Just joking around because some people always want Kelly dropped. Thought maybe the :p would've given that away... :$
I have wanted Hind dropped at times and Kelly dropped but they have played plenty of good games and regulalry justify their spot in the team. I can't think of any time I have actually thought this about Menzie.

I have wanted Hind dropped at times and Kelly dropped but they have played plenty of good games and regulalry justify their spot in the team. I can't think of any time I have actually thought this about Menzie.

Yeah sorry, was just making a joke about kelly. Not really directed at you.

I actually think Kelly is ok, I don't mind him in the team. Hind is hot and cold. Menzie is young and I like his endeavour at times, but he's fringe at the moment and should be in and out depending on form and selection pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah sorry, was just making a joke about kelly. Not really directed at you.

I actually think Kelly is ok, I don't mind him in the team. Hind is hot and cold. Menzie is young and I like his endeavour at times, but he's fringe at the moment and should be in and out depending on form and selection pressure.
It's all good. We are allowed to disagree and I didn't think you were directing anything at me. Lol.

Whilst I thought it was harsh Hind was sub then dropped after a really strong run of performances, happy if he’s reserve level IF we’re playing a few youngsters like this week.

Deserves a contract for 2025 as he meets a lot of criteria - not best 22, but as a super reliable reserve player:
  • Adaptable - Can play back or forward (plus coach thinks the wing :()
  • Rarely injuried - critical characteristic
  • Sub - can bring pace and chaos when he comes on

Whilst I thought it was harsh Hind was sub then dropped after a really strong run of performances, happy if he’s reserve level IF we’re playing a few youngsters like this week.

Deserves a contract for 2025 as he meets a lot of criteria - not best 22, but as a super reliable reserve player:
  • Adaptable - Can play back or forward (plus coach thinks the wing :()
  • Rarely injuried - critical characteristic
  • Sub - can bring pace and chaos when he comes on
He'll leave. Be mad to stay.

It’s crazy Davey gets a game ahead of Hind, just crazy.
If you like a bloke who plays in the back half but plays on no one then berates his team mates for not picking his man up then Hind is your guy .

If you like a bloke who plays in the back half but plays on no one then berates his team mates for not picking his man up then Hind is your guy .
hes also a guy who calls for the ball in bad spots and then when it doesn't work out yells and screams after a nominal turnover results in opposition score.

Yeah. I missed it. He is not perfect and a slightly different player but offers a lot more than Menzie (in my opinion).
Not going to argue against . Not sure it really changes a lot as far as the big picture goes. :cool:

I’m well aware of his flaws but I’d play him in the forward half ahead of Davey, at least he has a crack. What Davey serves up is embarrassing and genuinely results in a net loss for the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back