AFL Player #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah well he also had 21 more disposals than Menzie so more chances to **** it up.
Yes but the argument is basically about which shit bloke is shitter . They are both shit. One bloke runs around hunting the footy and goes off plan all the time while the other blokes gives 150% and stays on plan but makes too many basic mistakes. They both need to be replaced.

Yes but the argument is basically about which shit bloke is shitter . They are both shit. One bloke runs around hunting the footy and goes off plan all the time while the other blokes gives 150% and stays on plan but makes too many basic mistakes. They both need to be replaced.
It does demonstrate why Menzie keeps getting games. No point trying to sell a culture change if you're going to pick blokes who don't exemplify it

If you like a bloke who plays in the back half but plays on no one then berates his team mates for not picking his man up then Hind is your guy .

hes also a guy who calls for the ball in bad spots and then when it doesn't work out yells and screams after a nominal turnover results in opposition score.

My boy Hind does provide those lol’s…

Plenty to like about Hind and you could justify a 1 year contract as a back up / mostly vfl player.
  • Was playing good football during the middle of the year. Dudded into the sub role.
  • Seemed to hold up well in the VFL. A few starting ahead of him in the AFL with no form justification.
  • Stays fit and on the park.
  • Can play a few roles
  • effective as a sub

But out of contract at 30 with a few developing players getting another year in, I suspect my boy is gone…

Plenty to like about Hind and you could justify a 1 year contract as a back up / mostly vfl player.
  • Was playing good football during the middle of the year. Dudded into the sub role.
  • Seemed to hold up well in the VFL. A few starting ahead of him in the AFL with no form justification.
  • Stays fit and on the park.
  • Can play a few roles
  • effective as a sub

But out of contract at 30 with a few developing players getting another year in, I suspect my boy is gone…

Would have him in the group of guys like Laverde (though contracted) and Setterfield. They'd be the kind of guys you might keep on 1 year deals as mature depth pending what they have on the go via Trade or FA (if anything).

Not offered a contract New
You made us laugh, you made us cry, you actually had a reasonable year… but the wrong side of 30 & out of contract when you’re not lay down best 22 is a non-win situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's too good for VFL but he's not gonna be in our next contending side, so I'm pleasantly surprised we've made the tough call that's right for the club.

Still rate him over Kelly and Lav though, and enjoyed some of the excitement his leg speed brought to the red and black over the years.

look Hind isn't what we need going forward so I'm not against the delisting.

But getting rid of him, and keeping Menzie, is just a shit decision.

look Hind isn't what we need going forward so I'm not against the delisting.

But getting rid of him, and keeping Menzie, is just a shit decision.

Agree on that but both aren't what we need and hopefuly Menzies can spend the year in the VFL and we move on. Still need to fill our list unfortunately.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you actually had a reasonable year… but the wrong side of 30 & out of contract when you’re not lay down best 22 is a non-win situation.
When did he ever make us laugh? Unless you count bitterly

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #19: Nick Hind - Not offered a contract for 2025, thanks Hindy! 26/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back