Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Hell, I am someone who suffers from severe clinical depression. I have battled it for well over a decade. Does that mean that anyone who makes a remotely negative comment about me or makes a remark about my history is out of line? Hell no. Just gotta suck it up. Especially if I make a comment about something that antagonises someone.

As someone who has depression I know how much words can influence people or have a profound effect on them so I tend to choose what and how I say things because of it.

Schwarz needs to adopt this philosophy.

Hell, I am someone who suffers from severe clinical depression. I have battled it for well over a decade. Does that mean that anyone who makes a remotely negative comment about me or makes a remark about my history is out of line? Hell no. Just gotta suck it up. Especially if I make a comment about something that antagonises someone.

As someone who has depression I know how much words can influence people or have a profound effect on them so I tend to choose what and how I say things because of it.

Schwarz needs to adopt this philosophy.
Like I said in a previous post, the comments about Lynch’s behaviour on Monday night and Tuesday were fine, it was current, he’d just played a game and done something seriously stupid, it’s past that now though.

Been a while since Ive been on but thought I'd check the thoughts of the faithful on the Schwartz comment. Maybe Dimma should have brought this up as a response..?

The club should do a full media ban after they’ve tried to attack us all year. No press conferences or interviews, just the clubs internal media
I would agree, except it’ll just make it worse. Best way to get back at them is to just keep winning. It probably won’t shut them up, but our boys will be happy.

There's such a thing as a proportionate response. Schwarz called Lynch 'Goose of the year' and 'not tough' for hitting Sam Collins. Hardwich used the oldest toxic masculinity trick in the book by taunting a guy for showing emotion. I don't think seeing his dad get murdered at the age of eight was really Schwarz's decision, was it?

From the outside looking in, Hardwick was more than welcome to call Schwarz whatever he liked. A sh*t broadcaster, an overrated player, soft, whatever - but he went the low road.

As said before, disappointing given what happened with Tuck a few weeks back and Richmond's strong support led by Benny Gale, who is a class act.
"According to what former Melbourne player David Schwarz said on 3AW, Lynch would “win goose of the year” with the way he’s acting and that if Schwarz were playing he’d “grab him by the throat if he was my opponent and let it be known”."

Looks like it might've been a little bit more than just calling him a goose? A threat of assault is definitely something. But I guess he's had a troubled past so it's a-okay?

"According to what former Melbourne player David Schwarz said on 3AW, Lynch would “win goose of the year” with the way he’s acting and that if Schwarz were playing he’d “grab him by the throat if he was my opponent and let it be known”."

Looks like it might've been a little bit more than just calling him a goose? A threat of assault is definitely something. But I guess he's had a troubled past so it's a-okay?

This. If Schwarz left is as 'Goose of the Year' I doubt Dimma even responds as it is hard to argue otherwise.

The 'grab him by the throat' comment by Schwarz was out of line and yet, nobody is pointing that out. Once again, Richmond are fair game.

There's standing up for your club, and there's taunting a guy for showing some emotion during what was an unbelievably tough time in his life. Utterly regressive from Damien Hardwick. Particularly a few weeks after one of your own took their own life.

Ban me if you like, but hopefully some of you can see that these comments are shameful and go well beyond calling Lynch "goose of the year"
898E3641-7400-4159-ADFD-3C919986CCA8.jpeg

There's such a thing as a proportionate response. Schwarz called Lynch 'Goose of the year' and 'not tough' for hitting Sam Collins. Hardwich used the oldest toxic masculinity trick in the book by taunting a guy for showing emotion. I don't think seeing his dad get murdered at the age of eight was really Schwarz's decision, was it?

From the outside looking in, Hardwick was more than welcome to call Schwarz whatever he liked. A sh*t broadcaster, an overrated player, soft, whatever - but he went the low road.

As said before, disappointing given what happened with Tuck a few weeks back and Richmond's strong support led by Benny Gale, who is a class act.

There's also such a thing as appropriate journalism. Stating that 'I would grab him by the throat if he was my opponent' or something along those lines was anything but. Schwarz is not the victim here. He overstepped the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't Schwarz's mental health issues as a result of a gambling addiction? If so, those equating his MHD to football are the scumbags. Not Dimma.

Dimma would be a scumbag if he referenced the addiction or the memtal health issues. He did neither.

Lol check the 2000 GF.
I vaguely recalled it late in the first the two get into a scuffle, then Schwarz gets into one with Wallis and comes off second best.
leaves the ground for blood rule having a sook and that all there is to it none of this fabricated rubbish.

J

Agreed. Had a read of the Fox Sports news story on their Facebook page and it is just a cesspool of abuse for Dimma.
Now apparently Schwartz has fired back.
If he can’t handle it maybe he should keep is gob shut then? As has been mentioned not once did Dimma mention his mental health or gambling, it was a comment about an incident that happened in a grand final 20 years ago.

Someone on the MB calling dimma a meathead. Lol he is far from a meathead. Maybe as a player he was, but not as a coach he isn’t
MB is a cesspool. Anyway you can get site management to get off their biased asses and clean it up a bit? The way Richmond supporters are treated on there is disgusting and you know me, I don’t make complaints about anything on this site.

Some pretty solid cherry picking here leaving out the worst of what Schwarz said, could get a job in the media.

Some pretty solid cherry picking here leaving out the worst of what Schwarz said, could get a job in the media.

Yep. Like I said, the throat grabbing comment is what Dimma would have taken exception to. The Goose comment is pretty hard to argue against. Tom has been silly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back