AFLW Rd 8, Melbourne vs Richmond 19/10 5:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

She doesn’t look hungry for the ball but she’s having a better year.
I just don’t think she’s an aggressive/combative type.
Wakefield was like that, Grieser has played 51 games for 83 tackles, Wakefield played 30 and has nearly 100
DDavidson has played about 8 more games but has 50 more tackles.

The contact isn’t natural to her.
Hopefully she can clunk a few in the last 2 H/A games. We’ll need her.
Good comparatives.

We lost to a team that was 2 games and about 90% behind us before the first bounce. We were well out of the game during the 3rd quarter. Got a couple of junk time goals to close the gap. I can’t see too many positives.
Don’t let that fool you, they’ve had a shit load of injuries getting some players back , won’t lose a game for rest of ha season ,I was always worried bout this game , we desperately need to beat ess or risk not making finals , I think we can beat them

She doesn’t look hungry for the ball but she’s having a better year.
I just don’t think she’s an aggressive/combative type.
Wakefield was like that, Grieser has played 51 games for 83 tackles, Wakefield played 30 and has nearly 100
DDavidson has played about 8 more games but has 50 more tackles.

The contact isn’t natural to her.
Hopefully she can clunk a few in the last 2 H/A games. We’ll need her.
A frustrating one coz you’d think she could just barrel oppo out of the way ,,,she did ok in the end but was all over ,,,needed that threat in first half when we were still in it ,,,we actually had more i50s fwiw

If ever KB is out, we just have to transition Gabby to CHF - one of the few who can present all game and keep trying to mark the ball - it's about the contest and bringing it to ground for our limited smalls! If we end up weaker down back, so be it.

Down back Bacon is showing up, was massively out matched today, but kept competing (hope the coaches note this to the group).

Lynch continues to be under utilised down back. Maybe the cool head of Lavey needs to go back there - she's got great contest IQ - not the bravest, but would help our Back 5 if we push Lynch into the middle at times.

Bring Imogen Brown in and try a rotation between her and Egan, so Egan knows the writing is on the wall.
Not sure about that. Gabby looks the perfect match up for Bonnie Toogood

She needs to be kept quiet , cannot afford for her to kick multiple goals

Battle of the midfield again.

Prespakis
Gay
Nanscawen

Win or lose these players are ball magnets so if they get on top then Toogood, Scott and Bannister are going to get good looks.

In saying that, they aren't top 4 level (and I consider Melb's current team are playing like a top 4 team) so I expect we will have our chances. Going to depend how dysfunctional our forward line will be. I think if KB misses and Luke is still out they might have to bring in Jones. Might not be quite up to it defensively but she knows where the goals are and we need players who can put them through the sticks.

Cupboard is awfully bare for tall forwards and defenders. Must be addressed at years end.

Battle of the midfield again.

Prespakis
Gay
Nanscawen

Win or lose these players are ball magnets so if they get on top then Toogood, Scott and Bannister are going to get good looks.

In saying that, they aren't top 4 level (and I consider Melb's current team are playing like a top 4 team) so I expect we will have our chances. Going to depend how dysfunctional our forward line will be. I think if KB misses and Luke is still out they might have to bring in Jones. Might not be quite up to it defensively but she knows where the goals are and we need players who can put them through the sticks.

Cupboard is awfully bare for tall forwards and defenders. Must be addressed at years end.
They’ve been humiliated at home as well
It’s going to be finals intensity with a bit of extra emotion from em, maybe.

Just hope no one gets sucked in and reported

They’ve been humiliated at home as well
It’s going to be finals intensity with a bit of extra emotion from em, maybe.

Just hope no one gets sucked in and reported

Thankfully this game is up at TIO stadium in Darwin. Quite a few tigers up there so its prob going to feel like a home game.

Watching the Nth Melbourne game, every player knows there roll. All players have the necessary skills & is the reason they are on top of the ladder. We need to weed out the weaker players over the next couple of seasons & continue to strengthen the list with skillful players.

Watching the Nth Melbourne game, every player knows there roll. All players have the necessary skills & is the reason they are on top of the ladder. We need to weed out the weaker players over the next couple of seasons & continue to strengthen the list with skillful players.

Nth pretty much nailed their list from the get go. In all seriousness they have underachieved and should have won a flag by now.

They are a complete unit. If they had a weakness it was forward and they fixed this by moving Randall from the back line to the forward line and later recruiting Kate Shierlaw who is arguably playing the best footy of her career at 35.

You are right, they are stacked with talent and also stacked with role players who know exactly what they need to do.

I think we are heading in the right direction and I would say we are definitely a WIP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Rd 8, Melbourne vs Richmond 19/10 5:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back