Preview 1st Preliminary Final, Fremantle v Hawthorn, 25 September 2015, 8.20pm AEST @ Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remind again what Hale has contributed for the past ten or so weeks.
One of Hales best attributes is his ability to nullify the centre bounce against larger and higher jumping ruckmen.

That's what he's been doing.

Feeling hopeful again after an emphatic SF win.

Not as convinced as others about how this result will turn out.

Claims that we'll come out as intensely ferocious as last night against an under done Freo outfit and tear them a part are about as valid as the suggestion that we might again wilter as Freo go ahead and apply their manic pressure from the 2013 PF against the Swans.

The suggestion that Freo will need to score big to beat us is iffy. 65 points would've been enough to beat us last week after all.

And while I hope last night was a return to form that will see us string together 3 of our best performances of the year again there is just as much evidence (rounds 1-8 and 18-QF) that suggests this might just be temporary.

In: Cegs (if he has a good game today)
Out: Hale.

Hale's stats for yesterday - 4 disposals, 4 hitouts, 0.0 on the scoreboard. Sorry but that's not acceptable in 3 QTRs of football.

No mate but you can only play and beat the teams before you under the rules at the time but don't let that get in the way of a good story

That's right... you could only play a large proportion of lowly teams twice in the 1950s. And all of those within 70km of your home ground. It was totally the same as today. :rolleyes:

I reckon all those people who are rubbishing Hale last night really need to go back and watch the replay
The pressure he was able to put on the opposition throughout the game with his bodywork and presence was tremendous
Sometimes people need to look further than the stats column

Agree. If you looked a just pure stats then Cyril wouldn't get a game each week either!

I know its pointless posting ins and outs as in Clarko we trust!

The obvious change would be -

Out - Shooey
In - Gunston

I do love the contest Shooey provides in the air though and would like him to keep his spot.
Could be either Hale, Hartung or possible lake(match ups) out for Gunston if he is ready.

I reckon all those people who are rubbishing Hale last night really need to go back and watch the replay
The pressure he was able to put on the opposition throughout the game with his bodywork and presence was tremendous
Sometimes people need to look further than the stats column
I watched, and he did some nice things, but I wasn't overly impressed. Good body presence at time, but needs to contribute more in general.

My biggest problem with playing Hale is that it essentially locks in our sub, and gives us no flexibility. I wouldn't want him playing for four quarters in a hotly contested match. I think Celglar gives us a lot more flexibility. But only if fit - no point playing him underdone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

History suggests that the Grand Final will be between FREO v WC...

However reality & logic suggests otherwise...

• Freo's form 2nd half of season has been sketchy at best
  • By next week, Freo will have about 10 players in their team who have only played 1 game in the past month
  • Freo just fell over the line against a depleted Swans outfit last week at home
  • In their past 12 games in 2015, Freo has scored 100+ points ONCE where as Hawks have managed 100+ points on 9 occasions.
  • Hawks have a 4-1 record against Freo in recent meetings (Hawks average winning margin over those games is 47 Points)
  • Further to this, Freo have not scored over 100 points against Hawks since.... Round 18 2006!! Since that game, Hawks have scored 100+ points on 7 occasions against them.
This all points to 1 thing.... Ross the boss is going to drag this game to scrag fight, he knows that any attempt in a shoot out will end up in humiliation!!

Last edited:
Grea win last night Hawks, but Pies won 4 from 27-30 and the dees won three in a row in the 50's but hey definitely the greatest since 2003
Let's not forget the Pies lost the 1930 grand final and got a rematch because of the system in place at the time. Wish he had that for 2012...

History suggests that the Grand Final will be between FREO v WC...

However reality & logic suggests otherwise...

• Freo's form 2nd half of season has been sketchy at best
  • By next week, Freo will have about 10 players in their team who have only played 1 game in the past month
  • Freo just fell over the line against a depleted Swans outfit last week at home
  • In their past 12 games in 2015, Freo has scored 100+ points ONCE where as Hawks have managed 100+ points on 9 occasions.
  • Hawks have a 4-1 record against Freo in recent meetings (Hawks average winning margin over those games is 47 Points)
  • Further to this, Freo have not scored over 100 points against Hawks since.... Round 18 2006!! Since that game, Hawks have scored 100+ points on 7 occasions against them.
This all points to 1 thing.... Ross the boss is going to drag this game to scrag fight, he knows that any attempt in a shoot out will end up in humiliation for the Purple ****s!
It's Domain stadium I'm worried about. The dimensions of the ground do not suit our zone and we get burnt when we turn it over.

Surely Ross won't play Crowley, we used him to our advantage in 2013 to try to nullify Sandialnds. There midfield also looks a lot better without a tagger.

How anybody could suggest Lake or Frawley not playing is beyond me. Frawley showed what a defender can do actually playing in defence last night and will get the Pav match up, Lake was the difference between us winning and losing the 2013 GF against virtually the exact same side, he was excellent last night and will get the resting ruckman match up. This frees Gibbo to play that loose 3rd man up role he plays better then any one in the AFL and in my opinion is up with Hodgey as our most important player.

Shoey for me needs to play. I love his role up forward. He hits packs, applies great pressure, is our best contested mark threat and is a very good set shot.
Doc must play so for me his courage, intercept play and disposal is first class so it's either Suckling or Billy out for Gunston. I'd lean towards Suckling as Billy is the perfect sub. Suckling struggles against quality pressure which Freo will deliver.

In Gunston
Out Suckling (but probably Shoe)

I think the brown will clash with the back of their shorts.

bst.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back