Preview 1st Preliminary Final, Fremantle v Hawthorn, 25 September 2015, 8.20pm AEST @ Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He reads the play and the way he works his opponent underneath the ball and his one grab marks are a joy to watch. I was bit concerned in the last qrt, saw him out on the wing with his hands on his knees gasping for air. He may have got a knock in a marking contest.
Nah....he was just totally ****ed.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Disagree mate although I know why others are saying it, like you.

If Roughy played with the effort of Shoey he wouldn't even be in contention for a game.

But we can't die wondering and after all these years if there is one thing we know Shoey just doesn't have it upstairs. If Roughy somehow finds form then there is huge upside. If not Spangher will give as good a contest as Shoey and will lift the whole side with his efforts ...

Spangher must play ...
Nope.....my usual point on players who haven't seen much game time.....no form leading in.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The Gunston decision should not be in his or the medical teams hands.
The match committee need to learn from the Isaac Smith episode last week.

Pretty much unchanged this week, both Lake and Pavlich are glacier-esk in their movement.
Although you could have Frawley or Lake forward playing a negating role on Johnson.

No change.

Sadly I feel we weren't challenged enough to be ready for Freo.

Really? I belive we needed a soft game / psuedo break in the finals series to have a chance at winning the flag. That game provided that gap in intensity for us...

After 5 previous PF's if we are not primed for a PF something is wrong.

The key is efficiency. If Fremantle give us 19 scoring shots like they did for the Swans last week (without Franklin and Reid for the majority of the game) they better hope we kick less than 69 points

It's fantastic we WA supporters get to see the boys play in another game over here! And it's another final. And this one has no second chances, oh my!

Gunston in for Shoey if he's ready. Otherwise maybe switch the Sub to Duryea with Hartung starting. A bit of talk about Langers being needed against the big Freo bodies but I'd be surprised if he comes in unless he absolutely tears it up for Box Hill.

I'm intrigued to know if Crowley will come in and if the Freo players will be mentally ready - we know they'll be physically fresh because half the team has barely played in a month.

Heart and head are split on this one.
Heart goes we'll spank them.
Head says, it is going to be a bit of an up hill battle against a rested group wanting some redemption.

Clarke seems to favour Big Boy when up against Sandy.

However I think Cegs would be a huge chance if we make the GF.

Agreed; that means though we should be trying to get a game into him this week. Hale out Ceglar in, slight risk but it's not like Hale has given us much for a while.

Agreed; that means though we should be trying to get a game into him this week. Hale out Ceglar in, slight risk but it's not like Hale has given us much for a while.
Yep but Clarko loves Hale up forward so I think if we make the GF against the Eagles it will come down to Big Boy or Cegs to take on Nic Nac.

Personally I think Gecs would be a better bet against Nic Nat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People do realise Nic Nat was not the reason we lost last week?
That our rucks actually competed reasonably well and clearances were one of our few successes?
We just didn't freaking do much else around the ground??
And that Cegs has a crook back and missed a lot of football recently.. has he managed to run out a full game at box hill yet?

I don't think Cegs would compete too well against sandi

I'm not so sure about this, reckon Freo will win over there but I'm happy with 5 prelims in a row. Time for someone else to shine. We've had it pretty good.

Shakespeare?

Id rest Lake.

Don't see the point of taking Frawley and Lake to Perth and if we do get up he will need to play a sizeable role if we were to play Sydney or West Coast
I think lake Hale only had four possessions last night and has been subbed off in the last two games. Maybe Lake Hale out and Ceglar in.

[Edit: I am dyslexic when it comes to Lake and Hale's names! :$]

Last edited:
No change.

Sadly I feel we weren't challenged enough to be ready for Freo.

Freo have a very soft end to the season with many of their players not playing a lot of footy. Plus, their win last week was unconvincing to say the least.

It won't be easy over there but they're hardly in top form and don't have the weapons which Port, Richmond or WC do that can hurt us.

Hopefully last night was the awakening of a sleeping giant.

After enduring a significant stretch of not being near a grand final for 17 years (2001 the exception), the past 8 years have been something amazing. Many of us were disgruntled supporters during that dark stretch, having grown up watching a club that didn't know what losing was.

To even be here again is a great achievement and should not be underestimated. Huge respect for this club. Just two solid weeks and we could achieve the unthinkable. Huge respect for even being in this position. Winning finals is so so big!

Adelaide dismantled a west coast team by 60 points and Fremantle seriously have not earned their preliminary final berth. Their performance against Sydney with their outs was not intimidating enough.

We are so back!!!

KOLOKOTRONIS

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back