Preview 1st Preliminary Final, Fremantle v Hawthorn, 25 September 2015, 8.20pm AEST @ Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Jed? Jed sounded like he was good today
If Jed wasn't BOG in general he was certainly BOG for consistent effort and intensity.

Burrowing into every pack he was at, and would fight tooth and nail just to get the ball forward an extra metre.

Would be a fine sub next week.

Box Hill vs Sandringham

Simpkin: 34 disposals - 6 marks - 10 inside 50s
Whitecross: 32 disposals - 12 marks - 3 tackles - 5 inside 50s
O'Rourke: 25 disposals - 7 marks
Langford: 20 disposals - 6 tackles - 5 inside 50s - 1 goal
Anderson: 18 disposals - 4 marks - 6 tackles - 2 goals
Miles: 14 disposals - 4 marks - 5 rebounds 50s
Spangher: 11 disposals - 9 marks - 1 goal
Howe: 11 disposals - 3 tackles
Heatherley: 10 disposals - 5 marks - 5 tackles
Sicily: 10 disposals - 4 marks - 3 goals
Willsmore: 10 disposals - 3 marks - 1 goal
Litherland: 9 disposals - 4 marks - 2 tackles, 4 rebounds 50s
O'Brien: 9 disposals - 4 marks - 6 tackles
Pittonet: 8 disposals - 3 tackles - 27 hit-outs
Tatupu: 4 disposals - 1 mark
Grimley: 2 disposals - 1 mark - 1 goal
Ceglar: DNP

Box Hill vs Sandringham

Simpkin: 34 disposals - 6 marks - 10 inside 50s
Whitecross: 32 disposals - 12 marks - 3 tackles - 5 inside 50s
O'Rourke: 25 disposals - 7 marks
Langford: 20 disposals - 6 tackles - 5 inside 50s - 1 goal
Anderson: 18 disposals - 4 marks - 6 tackles - 2 goals
Miles: 14 disposals - 4 marks - 5 rebounds 50s
Spangher: 11 disposals - 9 marks - 1 goal
Howe: 11 disposals - 3 tackles
Heatherley: 10 disposals - 5 marks - 5 tackles
Sicily: 10 disposals - 4 marks - 3 goals
Willsmore: 10 disposals - 3 marks - 1 goal
Litherland: 9 disposals - 4 marks - 2 tackles, 4 rebounds 50s
O'Brien: 9 disposals - 4 marks - 6 tackles
Pittonet: 8 disposals - 3 tackles - 27 hit-outs
Tatupu: 4 disposals - 1 mark
Grimley: 2 disposals - 1 mark - 1 goal
Ceglar: DNP
Langford currently seems best equipped to have played footy in the era of his father. Needs to work on his composure. Some will say his disposal needs work but I believe it only looks bad because he rushes it. Can hit a target as good as anyone when he has time on the outside. If he keeps throwing it on the boot and sending it 40m into the air but only moving it 20m forward then he's never going to make it under a Clarko coached Hawthorn.

No change

Unless Gunstan is cherry ripe

Agree, but who will sub??

If Jed wasn't BOG in general he was certainly BOG for consistent effort and intensity.

Would be a fine sub next week.

At Billy's expense? I'm not against it. It's an interesting choice next week, the sub, considering we don't like to have players lose match fitness by subbing two weeks in a row. And if Billy does sub, then he doesn't play in the GF.

Hawkk said:
A win this year would elevate Hawthorn as the most successful VFL/AFL club since 1914

Grea win last night Hawks, but Pies won 4 from 27-30 and the dees won three in a row in the 50's but hey definitely the greatest since 2003

Read what he said. No buts about it.

So hypothetically we win through to the GF. We lose a player in the first quarter. IS Billy going to be fit enough to run out three quarters at GF intensity if he's subbed the previous two weeks?
(though I suppose Ross is doing that with half his team!)
The sub player does extra running after the match to compensate. Except hale. He is too old.

So hypothetically we win through to the GF. We lose a player in the first quarter. IS Billy going to be fit enough to run out three quarters at GF intensity if he's subbed the previous two weeks?
Yes I think he'll be able to run out the game if brought on early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some things I'd love to see at the start of next weeks game.
1) Don't have Hartung or Duryea as sub.

2) Not to have Suckling in the backline. Giving Freo easy goals through his turnovers or inability to win a one on one would be a good start.

3) manic tackling on Fyfe like there was in the 1st quarter of the tassie game.

4) No faux toughguy bs from Lewis giving away stupid free's and getting the crowd into it.

It was great to see Jed play a massive part for BH today, showed the composure of a senior player.. I think donning the sub vest would be his only chance of getting a gig.

Langford was great, was in everything - massive chance for a recall (Hartung)

Whitecross shows a lot of leadership, but lack of senior games this year is going to work against him.

Simpkin... I'm surprised he hasn't played 1 senior game this year?? If Suckling is at the top of Clarko's "favourites", then surely Simpkin is near the bottom of that list. At least he's got a premiership medallion, I think he'll be elsewhere next year.

At Billy's expense? I'm not against it. It's an interesting choice next week, the sub, considering we don't like to have players lose match fitness by subbing two weeks in a row. And if Billy does sub, then he doesn't play in the GF.
Depends what style they want to go with. If we expect it will open up late then Billy's run will be beneficial. If we expect it will continue to be a tight contest and perhaps need some fresh x-factor up forward then Jed would be ideal.

Also need to factor in what would be a bigger loss or more imperative that we have a suitable replacement on stand by. An inside player like Mitchell, Shiels or Lewis would be a big loss in what should be a contested game but we have more options to come in and play those ball winning roles than we do who could play a run and carry role on a wing or through the middle. Given Smith's knee I think Hartung will get the nod. But if we go Jed then I won't be worried either.

Of all the things I might worry about regarding Billy (and there's not many) his endurance is never one of them.

AFL and Paddy Keane have just confirmed the start times for each preliminary final. Eagles and the winner of tonight's game have been stitched up a la Hawthorn in 2012.
Are you referring to the later twilight start for the Saturday game due to possible "heat issues" an early arvo time slot might bring?

AFL and Paddy Keane have just confirmed the start times for each preliminary final. Eagles and the winner of tonight's game have been stitched up a la Hawthorn in 2012.
Not the same at all. The game is scheduled to suit Freo if they win because they finished on top. Unlike Hawks who finished top had to play Saturday.

Not the same at all. The game is scheduled to suit Freo if they win because they finished on top. Unlike Hawks who finished top had to play Saturday.
The game has been scheduled late arvo/twilight due to "heat issues" rather than early arvo. Suspicious scheduling given the broadcasters love themselves a bit of twilight footy.

Anyone questing the drive and hunger of this team should take look at Hodges celebration and how the rest of the boys got around him.
Make no mistake, this team wants to go down in history.

Agree. Never believed all this rubbish about them not being hungry enough. They want it but it's an almighty task staying at the top of the tree for three years in a row, that's what they are struggling with not the hunger.

Anyone questing the drive and hunger of this team should take look at Hodges celebration and how the rest of the boys got around him.
Make no mistake, this team wants to go down in history.
I knew we were 'on' when Hodgey celebrated the way he did. He lead from the front last night, was brilliant in the first quarter especially.

Would be fantastic if both our vice-captains could bring a similar attitude next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back