1st round draft pick 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the long term future of Lecras may impact on the decision to draft Darling.
If Lecras is forecast to remain forward we take a mid.
If the match committee decide to give him a greater share of midfield time we may take Darling.
We know Lecras is an elite forward. Will we risk trying to turn him into an elite mid and bank on Darling to fill his absence up forward?

Midfielders win premierships. I suppose if we take Darling at 4 and got someone like Josh Green in the second round then we could have potentially one of the better midfielders as well as a quality forward.

Hopefully we end up with a Priority Pick and use it on someone like Andreoli.

Midfielders win premierships. I suppose if we take Darling at 4 and got someone like Josh Green in the second round then we could have potentially one of the better midfielders as well as a quality forward.

Hopefully we end up with a Priority Pick and use it on someone like Andreoli.

im hoping one of andreoli or lamb slides to 26. it should happen.
would much rather upgrading one of our picks up to around 10 if possible. that way if we decide to take a KPP with 4 we would still be in line to nab one of polec or smith.

We should be using Spangher and Lynch to upgrade Picks 26 & 28 albeit even a few places lower.

Lynch & 26 for 15
Spangher & 28 for 23

Darling, Lamb, Smith.

Darling, Andreoli and Lamb would be awesome.
Full forward, quick outside mid and dangerous goal sneak; our 3 pressing needs in a nutshell.

I'm not too fussed over who we go for with our first round - it appears to be out of a few players and none of them in particular stand out to me.
I just really want Lamb or Harper with a second round pick, which is unlikely.

if Darling can take strong contested marks and kick goals then I want him with Pick 4 if not Goringe ,Gaff,Atley ,Polec I would be happy with.also want local boys Fasolo ,Wilson,Cripps as late picks or rookies.so we really need to clear some room on our team list.

Harper or Lamb would be nice in the second round.

But there are some very good WA boy's there I would take :

Ben Newton very classy left footer, who missed most of championships due to apendix operation.

Jamie Cripps, fast good user of the footy, similar to Brad Sheppard.

Warrick Anderolli, fast wonderful left foot very outside ball player.

These three will all be very good players, Ben Newton has the pontential to be a very good player, if he works hard enough.

Ben Newton very classy left footer, who missed most of championships due to apendix operation.

These three will all be very good players, Ben Newton has the pontential to be a very good player, if he works hard enough.

harper and lamb would be happy to get ,the local pool of talent seems to be at a high standard this yr, a guy i like is JEades for the rookie list has been invited to the draft combines

Are you in the know as to guys who we are watching closely RE?

My preference is for Day or Astley.

Astley looks very good both inside and outside, would only put Swallow and Bennell ahead of him in terms of mids in this draft.

Day (if he chooses to play AFL over baseball) could be anything. Cross between Buddy Franklin and Nick Riewoldt. Looks to have good hands to go with his freakish athletic ability. If he were available still after GCs top three picks I'd be very happy.

What we must do is try to move heaven and earth and get another pick within the top 10 for a shot at Astley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Astley looks very good both inside and outside, would only put Swallow and Bennell ahead of him in terms of mids in this draft.

Day (if he chooses to play AFL over baseball) could be anything. Cross between Buddy Franklin and Nick Riewoldt. Looks to have good hands to go with his freakish athletic ability. If he were available still after GCs top three picks I'd be very happy.

What we must do is try to move heaven and earth and get another pick within the top 10 for a shot at Astley.
[YOUTUBE]oHg5SJYRHA0[/YOUTUBE]
Not sure if he is worth such a high pick.

Easy! Trade McKinley and pick 28 for pick 17 (From Carlton)

Then ontrade pick 17 plus Lynch/Hansen/Spanger to Gold Coast for pick 11.

End up with 4,11,26

sorry to intrude,

gorringe is a super talent, but if you do draft him at 4, don't expect a similar start to nick nat, IMO he is the best Ruck out of U18's that i have seen (including NN and Kruezer) just on his tap work alone, but he will very much be a project player, and take 3-4 years to really get going, Darling IMO is a safe pick (even though everyone is talking about upside,etc) the fact is while he is big bodied, any player coming into the afl system will improve dramatically, regardless of how mature they are, in fact i think darling's performances were hindered by him bulking up, therefore restricting some speed and agility he had (but they will come with AFL training).... Gaff is the safest of the whole draft IMO (apart from Swallow) great attitude, great work ethic, great endurance, great skills

Exactly.
We have ruined him by making him focus so much of defensive pressure.
FFS LeCras is just as bad, he cant lay a tackle. But they have natural ability to score goals which you cant teach. Imagine the McKinley of 2008, with LeCras, Wilson, Kennedy, Strijk and Hams.
Now thats a very dangerous forward line!

In all honesty scrap the Darling idea. This team needs a decent midfield, one more top class youngster is really going to make sure this team has one of the most elite young midfield units in the competition. You could still grab a decent KPP with the 2nd pick.

The options are really down to 2.
Atley/Gaff.
I think Gaff is the way to go :thumbsu: As he is clearly the best midfielder after Bennell who played in the carnival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back