Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

I sincerely hope he gets form in the twos.

The curtains are closing on his career and I'm getting concerned he won't make it.
Unfortunate but it happens. He was given a massive contract from the pies on 5 years. Collected after tax about 2 million bananas. Probably has investment portfolio, no mortgage.. easy life.. go play div 1 somewhere for 60+ grand a year cash, pick up a shitty labouring job with no skills with Top Up, earn yaself 60+k part time. Easy Peasy.

We almost had to put with a lot of his lack lustre poor performances in the past but our list is so much improved now & especially in positions where he is most likely to play.
Therefore he is actually at the biggest cross road of his career now.

Second time he's been dropped in just over half a season. I'd wager that unless half the team get hit by lightning he isn't even a chance of making it back in for the majority of the remaining rounds. Stephens will be in the same position if he can't fix his issues with this stint in the seniors too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s 25…
...and he either gets on with it and takes the hits in there, or he can see out next year exiled to the VFL.

IDK how we rebuild his confidence. Or develop some semblance of physicality. Throwing him in the guts in the VFL and telling him to sink or swim is as good an option as any tbh.

Pool Party Oops GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

I am not tipping a future career in Bike Tricks

Second time he's been dropped in just over half a season. I'd wager that unless half the team get hit by lightning he isn't even a chance of making it back in for the majority of the remaining rounds. Stephens will be in the same position if he can't fix his issues with this stint in the seniors too.
Its actually hard to see where any if any improvement comes from he has so many limitations. Peaked about 3 to 4 years ago and has been on the decline since. Was servicable first few rounds last year but been pretty much a passenger since then.

Its actually hard to see where any if any improvement comes from he has so many limitations. Peaked about 3 to 4 years ago and has been on the decline since. Was servicable first few rounds last year but been pretty much a passenger since then.
I remember the outcry from all in Sunbury when Collingwood traded him and thinking that we'd gotten ourselves a bargain and he'd be a great player for us. Have to give them credit for knowing, that far out, what we are now all seeing.

I remember the outcry from all in Sunbury when Collingwood traded him and thinking that we'd gotten ourselves a bargain and he'd be a great player for us. Have to give them credit for knowing, that far out, what we are now all seeing.

I'm not sure they did know. They got themselves into an explicable world of shit in terms of salary cap and their desperation led them to cut two of the highest paid - Grundy and Stevo.

I'm not sure they did know. They got themselves into an explicable world of shit in terms of salary cap and their desperation led them to cut two of the highest paid - Grundy and Stevo.

North BF lore becomes legend as someone posts how Rawlings was offered Grundy but said " nah, we want the other guy "

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back