Rumour 2 Melbourne Clubs in Dire Straits

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, also Private Investigations have revealed that Sultans of Swing company board members, Romeo and Juliet, have said they won't divert cash from their Telegraph Road or Tunnel of Love projects and risk Money for Nothing, just so some clubs can go Twisting by the Pool at the end of 2020.
Furthermore, Romeo said there will be no Love over Gold sentiment with their investment and sadly some clubs may still have to face the Walk of Life...
Brisbane just called gold coast and said something like 'you and me babe, how about it?'

I didnt ask those purile questions bloke so spare me of the bluster, I was underlining the case that you ignorantly questioned how we have funded the comp like no other , you get that with record crowds at HA and finals and record afl endorsed Merch sales year on year , that’s what kicks $ into the AFL can , not piss and wind . though right now , perhaps we could see if it works

Ok Boomer.

You can keep funding the competition if you like.

We'll keep lining our pockets with cash based on the best stadium deal in the league.

36 million in gate takings/memberships last year and 6 million in merch and 8 million in profits 🤩

Compare that to the paltry combined gates/membership/merch total of 30 million from Richmond 🤪

Jog on now, ninethy 🤡

Ok Boomer.

You can keep funding the competition if you like.

We'll keep lining our pockets with cash based on the best stadium deal in the league.

36 million in gate takings/memberships last year and 6 million in merch and 8 million in profits 🤩

Compare that to the paltry combined gates/membership/merch total of 30 million from Richmond 🤪

Jog on now, ninethy 🤡
Keep ya day job and leave the high finance to the experts junior , you’re patently ridiculous and grossly offensive thinking for a minute that’ I’d believe your bs. Be a little more considerate , cheers

Keep ya day job and leave the high finance to the experts junior , you’re patently ridiculous and grossly offensive thinking for a minute that’ I’d believe your bs. Be a little more considerate , cheers

Check it for yourself, mate.

Spreadsheet is compiled by a user here who also runs a website. All the info is directly out of each clubs annual report.

If you'd rather remain ignorant, go for it ;)

7 years is a very specific timeframe, mate.

There's only 1 club that has played finals last 5 years and Richmond isn't one of them.

There's only 1 club with over 100 million in assets and Richmond isn't one of them.

There' s one club with 4 flags and 24 finals appearances in the AFL and Richmond isn't one of them.
Come on mate, again. There's only one club that's won two out of the last three premierships and West Coast isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Spreadsheet is compiled by a user here who also runs a website. All the info is directly out of each clubs annual report.

Should also put in how much money each club generates from Pokies.

Hate those damn things.

no point cutting a team with no assets. just sell off richmond and use the $20 mill to save the others. a 17 team comp is better than a 5 team comp. And we'll have a Richmond theme round every year in memory.
We could have a one minute silence to celebrate all of st.kildas premierships

Kudos to West Coast for shifting that much merch! Significant difference in ratios in that profit center to the others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might wanna turn the pages of the last 7y buddy , only 2 clubs have won more games than us and WC isnt one of em,,,nice try though , there’s only 1 club that pulls 95k plus to an MCG final every time and it isn’t Collingwood, nice try with a lame attempt of collaboration, who’s kidding who 😆 🏌️‍♂️

Excluding Grand Finals, there's only been 1 Richmond final to top 95k at the G since 1973. Highest - 95,028. Not sure that quite counts as every time.

I laugh - same owners - same economy and the dockers are in trouble (off the field)
Basically current financial position is related to recent performance. Dockers have been terrible since their GF loss so their position is bad (and have for most of their time) . The Eagles have had on field success, have for a long time, as have Collingwood and recently Richmond.

Yes I suppose that Melbourne could be like Perth and have two clubs ... One could be the Victorian Penguins (Cause everybody likes those cute little Fairy Penguins) and the other could be Collingwood. This way the rest of Victoria who don't like Collingwood (but who love those cute little penguins) can continue to hate its old VFL team in the same way as the dynamic exists in WA between the WCE and Freo (a former WAFL team), and as it does in SA between the Crows and their nemesis and a former SANFL team Port Adelaide. This way Victoria could boast a super club with 400,000+ members and its second tier player Collingwood. The new super club (The Penguins) could boast a fearsome drug abuse record and bugger all Premierships relative to its wealth (like the WCE) and perhaps the MCG (100,000 seats as opposed to the 60,000 seat Optus Stadium) as its home ground. I'm on board ;) Then the Vics could all sit behind their keyboards and "CROW" (sorry South Aussies I couldn't resist the pun) too 👍😁

Last edited:
Brisbane just called gold coast and said something like 'you and me babe, how about it?'

Was that part of the Communique' from Lady Writer, also known as the Angel of Mercy, who also asked; Where Do You Think Your Going?....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2 Melbourne Clubs in Dire Straits

Remove this Banner Ad

Back