AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper - The mullet hath returneth - 22/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently the Dogs president called Barham to get this sorted out.

As much as I want to like the Dogs I can't get past the reality that, post Smorgan, they are always run by sniveling little weasels.

I honestly can't believe the world we live in sometimes. The only person this affects is Draper. He puts pressure on himself, let him deal with it.

The Dogs can pretend everything fine, all they want, but it's not. Nothing Sam Draper says changes that reality. If the situation is so precarious that it falls apart because of Draper, he's done them a favour, hasn't he?
It's probably going to end up becoming a bit of the Streisand effect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recruiting Goldy turned out to be a masterstroke. We need to invest in the ruck position.. especially with Drapers lack of form, lack of development and ongoing injury issues.

I'm sure they will sort out this knee, but in general what is the longest run of games he has put together in his career?

Recruiting Goldy turned out to be a masterstroke. We need to invest in the ruck position.. especially with Drapers lack of form, lack of development and ongoing injury issues.

I'm sure they will sort out this knee, but in general what is the longest run of games he has put together in his career?
He played every game in 2022, next best was 14 games last year. Not sure about SANFL/VFL game streaks.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/S/Sam_Draper.html

If he didn't have a mullet he wouldn't be rated half as highly as he is. Give me David hille or bellchambers over this bloke any day of the week

He played every game in 2022, next best was 14 games last year. Not sure about SANFL/VFL game streaks.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/S/Sam_Draper.html
Sorry, I had missed that.
So rookie year got injury, then into the team
Second year, injured
Third year - full year but injured in pre-season
Fourth year - Injured
Fifth year - injured

Having said that.. it isn't as bad as I thought.. he has played 67/84 prior to this season.

I still just don't see it with this bloke. Never wish an injury on any player though.. so hope he gets back and gets a crack at it. If he ever puts it together he will be an absolute unit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back