AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper - The mullet hath returneth - 22/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Still needs to work on his consistency and kicking. He is a bit of a chaos ruck and we're not a chaos side. We're building ourselves on workmanship, precision, reliability and he's this big goof that doesn't take the game seriously. I think ultimately we need a boring ruck that is consistent every week and can actually execute a proper drop punt most of the time.

Still needs to work on his consistency and kicking. He is a bit of a chaos ruck and we're not a chaos side. We're building ourselves on workmanship, precision, reliability and he's this big goof that doesn't take the game seriously. I think ultimately we need a boring ruck that is consistent every week and can actually execute a proper drop punt most of the time.
Whats your thoughts on Bryan?

Was worried about Drapes halfway through the year, really felt he'd plateaued and maybe we'd seen his ceiling. Has shown a lot in the past few weeks, some deft ruck taps that have won us a game and almost won us a game, has improved his marking around the ground (which was well below par previously), looks to be showing some fwd craft and becoming a bit of a presence in there. Still has a ways to go but I'm seeing a higher ceiling than i was 6-8 weeks ago.

I have seen a few posts on Twitter that the Crows are going hard at Sam Draper...Is there a way we can get pick 4 somehow with some picks going back to Adelaide as well?

I have seen a few posts on Twitter that the Crows are going hard at Sam Draper...Is there a way we can get pick 4 somehow with some picks going back to Adelaide as well?
They're trying to get someone a year before Free Agency. It's on them to give us something more than we'd get in compensation.

Never say never but doesn’t make much sense for Essendon to go 2 for 1 in a trade.

So unless there are two other pieces in the trade it’s probably not going to work

Assuming the math is Draper + pick 11 (or. Whatever our first is) for pick 4 and ????

The ??? Would have to be pretty worth it. Because the alternative is just keep Draper and he’ll have a good year at Ruck/Forward then sort out any issues next year in free agency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This trade period or as a FA?

Not a good time to be losing Draper. About to hit his prime as the physical contested marking ruck forward (to play alongside Bryan). He'd still be in his prime when we should be pushing for a flag. We've put up with the puppy dog phase which he's started to grow out of, its no wonder Adelaide are chasing him hard. Id happily match whatever they are offering.

Adelaide gotta be a bunch of stupid fcks to give up Sid Draper for Sam Draper, they should be moving up to 3rd if anything not trading out.

Warriors only please.

No interest in guys who have related issues with ducking their head in marking contests.

Haven’t seen a heap of him but Nankervis has caught my eye - anyone else got a more informed view about him?
He’s 30, but I reckon he smashed Goldstein at dream time at the G.

Probably not that much more informed than your view in hindsight 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper - The mullet hath returneth - 22/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back