AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper - The mullet hath returneth - 22/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be back for Dreamtime? If I've worked that short/medium/long term stuff we put on the injury list.
I think i would rather save him for the game after the bye. Give him a game or two with modified game time in the VFL to build him up. Bringing him straight into the seniors after a 10 week ankle is asking for a soft tissue injury.

There should be absolutely no risk taken, we arent contending for anything this year and he is too valuable for us going forward.
Besides, with Phillips and Wright doing ok and Bryan tearing up the VFL, its not like we are short of options in the meantime.

Bring him back for the Hawkes game (hnnnngggg) and give him 10 games to finish the year.

I think i would rather save him for the game after the bye. Give him a game or two with modified game time in the VFL to build him up. Bringing him straight into the seniors after a 10 week ankle is asking for a soft tissue injury.

There should be absolutely no risk taken, we arent contending for anything this year and he is too valuable for us going forward.
Besides, with Phillips and Wright doing ok and Bryan tearing up the VFL, its not like we are short of options in the meantime.

Bring him back for the Hawkes game (hnnnngggg) and give him 10 games to finish the year.
He's probably due back next week or the week after (8-10 weeks from round 2, this is the 8th). Could play 50/50 game time against Richmond VFL with Bryan and then build his loads for the first game back post bye.

He's probably due back next week or the week after (8-10 weeks from round 2, this is the 8th). Could play 50/50 game time against Richmond VFL with Bryan and then build his loads for the first game back post bye.
Fine with that.

Rushing him into the dreamtime game is asking for trouble though.

Doesn't seem the syndesmosis is that sort of injury, in the sense that it seems to recover well and there are no long standing complications, but I agree with the general sentiment. For the sake of a week, what's the point?
I meant more the risk of him doing a soft tissue injury (Calf/hamstring/groin) by coming straight into the seniors, with no match practice after not playing for 8-10 weeks.

Test for this weekend against West Coast.

Essendon could be set for a huge boost for its Saturday night clash with West Coast, with forwards Jake Stringer and ruckman Sam Draper on the verge of being available for selection.

Stringer (hamstring) and Draper (ankle) have missed two and eight weeks respectively but have made significant leaps in their rehabilitation to be listed as test for the Bombers' trip to Perth.

Head of high performance Sean Murphy said Stringer and Draper would most likely be available for selection if they can train strongly before the Bombers fly west.

“Draper and Stringer will be a test for this weekend,” Murphy told Dons Digital’s Liberty Financial Performance Update.

“All being well, they’ll get through training this week and should be available for this weekend.”

I want to see him **** up that overrated Nic Nat. Bloke struggles to play a full game. Brilliant in bursts but struggles over the 120

Was good to see him get roughed up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would probably be best to ease him in through the 2s this week.
nah man- bring him in!!!

you’ve changed man - you used to be cool!

I want to see him fu** up that overrated Nic Nat. Bloke struggles to play a full game. Brilliant in bursts but struggles over the 120
Was good to see him get roughed up
Did you accidentally tweet this?

one out of 100 is always good

He is an impact player a highlights player
This is wildly inaccurate. He's incredible at a stoppage. Probably the best pure tap ruck I've seen.
Pretty rough for Flip if hes straight out for draper.

I'd of thought we would give draper a week in the vfl to build some match fitness. Flip has been serviceable.
Often the reality of the reserve ruck.

Seems to be the good things about the syndesmosis.

It seems like the fracture is clean and it seems to repair well (even it's painful and results in a long lay off).
It's not a fracture, it's a ligament injury.
So yeh, I guess you could say the fracture is in very good repair.

averages 70% game time

Gawn and Grundy get around 85-90% game time
Yes, and? Just because that's the case doesn't mean he's still not a really good player.

Yes, and? Just because that's the case doesn't mean he's still not a really good player.
never said he wasn't just that he is an impact player that really struggles to play full games

Comes on dominates sits on the pine

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper - The mullet hath returneth - 22/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back