Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

If we fielded 22 players who came through the falcons and played their entire careers with the cats, Gawn wouldn’t have torn us a new one in the prelim. The ball would have known what it was up against and behaved differently

King, Blake and Mumford came from our development program. I know it may be hard to believe given how often we now top up, but it can work out if you are prepared to accept mistakes will happen and often from a young ruckman.

Scott needs to leave Stanley in the VFL and go with a young ruck for the future but will he do it?

King, Blake and Mumford came from our development program. I know it may be hard to believe given how often we now top up, but it can work out if you are prepared to accept mistakes will happen and often from a young ruckman.

Scott needs to leave Stanley in the VFL and go with a young ruck for the future but will he do it?

Not really sure what that has to do with anything but ok.

Suppose we should never have brought in Brad Ottens.

Can’t help but feel disappointed with this decision
The club is really crying out for change
Cook -> Hocking
Carter -> Drummond
Enright -> Betts
Scarlett -> Kelly
Knights -> ???
Dr’s Geoff Allen and Drew Slimmon -> Dr’s David Long and Kendall Brooks
Troy Selwood -> Andrew Mackie.

That’s the change since the start of 2020. CEO, Assistant coaches, Doctors, President, List Management all seen change.

I think I have responded enough to your posts.
You are obviously set in your ways.

If the club could extend the coach for the next 20 years, you'd be fine with it.

And if they wanted to appoint Kyle Sandilands as head coach you’d love it because he’s got the same strike rate of rebuilds as Chris Scott.

See I can do it too.

You’re yet to make a single sensical argument as to what logic dictates that we get a new coach for a new stage in the team’s development. Feel free anytime.

Cook -> Hocking
Carter -> Drummond
Enright -> Betts
Scarlett -> Kelly
Knights -> ???
Dr’s Geoff Allen and Drew Slimmon -> Dr’s David Long and Kendall Brooks
Troy Selwood -> Andrew Mackie.

That’s the change since the start of 2020. CEO, Assistant coaches, Doctors, President, List Management all seen change.
True but the main architect for the failed game plan remains

going off that logic, they better look into the cheap crappiness of the hawks recycled 2012-2015 side.

After the recent failed finals campaign and then the shake up of assistant coaches with Scott rumored to be on the outer, you went very quiet didn't you.
Now that his contract is extended again, back you are ;)

Let's hope 2022 is the year we do become the powerhouse of the competition.

You call it failing. Lots of people call it ‘doing exactly what the in-no-way-under-pressure John Longmire has done’ and I don’t think Sydney are in any hurry to let him go.
He has put the team in a position to win.
Just like Goggin did... Just like Blighty did... Just like Ayres did... Just like Bomber did...
That is all you can ask. You want them to be able to contend, compete and ultimately succeed as team, as individuals.
The rest. The winning part. Is up to the players on the field.
If you don't understand that players win you games and are happy to blame coaches when they don't & be happy with that, then all is good.
But the gameplan is useless in high pressure situations and the coach is responsible for the gameplan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must have been very nervous. Probably thought he was gone at one point when stupid incorrect rumors began in here.
Must admit, did get my hopes up. Felt like we could be embarking on a new era but nope. Same monotonous crap for more years to come.

You genuinely sound like the sort of fan who would love to watch us lose as long as we were playing your ‘brand’

After the recent failed finals campaign and then the shake up of assistant coaches with Scott rumored to be on the outer, you went very quiet didn't you.
Now that his contract is extended again, back you are ;)

Let's hope 2022 is the year we do become the powerhouse of the competition.

i had slight doubts if he would want to continue to coach because his been at it for a very very long time, not many coaches go around over a decade... and working for free as well lets not forget at one point... bloody great club man.

the question was just a matter of does he want to continue or move on, it was not a question of does he deserve to go on, which a smart man like steve hocking would just laugh off.

not sure what to expect in 2022, competition will be as even as it was this season. Will wait for pre season and how things go. Alot of water to go under the bridge.

Must just be a coincidence 😂

we came were i thought we would after stewarts injury, i was pretty spot on actually. so not sure what you mean. what exactly was i going to sit in here and discuss with you that you havent been saying like a tape recorder on repeat for the past 8 years?/ believe it or not, you don't have new original views that are stimulating to discuss with.

i had slight doubts if he would want to continue to coach because his been at it for a very very long time, not many coaches go around over a decade... and working for free as well lets not forget at one point... bloody great club man.

the question was just a matter of does he want to continue or move on, it was not a question of does he deserve to go on, which a smart man like steve hocking would just laugh off.

not sure what to expect in 2022, competition will be as even as it was this season. Will wait for pre season and how things go. Alot of water to go under the bridge.

Hasn't he been one of the top 5 highest paid for the best part of a decade?
Let's not forget these guys are millionaires so hardly doing it tough whatsoever with all the investments setup on the side.
I'm sure incentives are added on for making finals so while it was a very good gesture, you see why he was very quick to sign on again and why wouldn't you. With such an old and experienced list with a top 3 goal kicker added to it, there's good chance some more bonuses will come his way if Geelong scrape into the finals next year.

Of course, we miss the finals, who knows what this means heading into season 2023.

Hasn't he been one of the top 5 highest paid for the best part of a decade?
Let's not forget these guys are millionaires so hardly doing it tough whatsoever with all the investments setup on the side.
I'm sure incentives are added on for making finals so while it was a very good gesture, you see why he was very quick to sign on again and why wouldn't you. With such an old and experienced list with a top 3 goal kicker added to it, there's good chance some more bonuses will come his way if Geelong scrape into the finals next year.

Of course, we miss the finals, who knows what this means heading into season 2023.
huh?? name 5 coaches you can recall who have worked a season for free?

alot of them are already millionares post playing career

huh?? name 5 coaches you can recall who have worked a season for free?

Pretty sure most of them agreed to pay cuts while some took significant pay cuts.
As for Scott, like I said, good gesture to take a total pay cut but I think he would have been pampered too quite a bit that particular season. Like I said, he's been paid better than most for a lot of the time.

Reputedly earns a million per year.

First:
Chris Scott is no mug. He like everyone else at the club understands that change is required.
Every coach spends lots of time thinking ways and means to improve and is constantly evolving
Some ideas can be tried and tested with a Quarter ie: Positional changes with instant results.
A good Game Plan is based on the abilities of players available
Changing the the Game Plan is like steering a large ocean tanker... long slow and planned ahead.
Perfecting a Game Plan takes years and requires the recruiting and developing the right players.

Second:
Between Footy seasons I watch the round ball code... both domestically and internationally.
Taking special interest in the World Cup when 32 best national teams showcase their stuff.
History has shown there are 3 main successful game styles that regularly rise to the top.
Brazilian Style: Fast, Free-flowing, Attacking, Unpredictable Exciting : Chaos Style
German Style: Planned, Organized, Disciplined, Precise, High-Skilled : Controlled Style
Tiki-Taka
: Teamwork, Understanding, Skilled, Rapid precise passing : Tempo Style

To be successful the team must have the right players with the skills and ability to execute the Game Plan
Everyone needs understand their own and their teammates roles. This requires years of playing together
The team must be cohesive and play in unison. Flashy individuals don't fit in.
You cannot take a star player from one style and expect success in another : ie: controlled to chaos switch.

The standard Counter Attacking Style played by most teams bobs up occasionally
but it relies on a solid defence with a few outstanding, super quick or skilled individual players.
This may a short term option next year before our stars depart... but this will not build a dynasty.
Once the stars depart the Game Plan will become even more important for success.

The Cats Game Plan is not the problem per se. Other factors have played a big part.
It will take time to build a future dynasty and there is still a while to go.
New players will take time to understand how their teammates play.
Our Game Plan relies on highly skilled players ... Players must improve or be replaced
The lack of mid-field speed is a huge problem a overhaul will be required soon.
The forward structure needs to be corrected.
Cats don't have the opportunistic small forwards for chaos footy.
Parfitt is not a natural forward Miers is a forward but plays up-field.
Recruiting must be tailored to suit specific requirements.

Continual improvement is a better and faster path to long tern dynasty than a total change in style.
we came were i thought we would after stewarts injury, i was pretty spot on actually. so not sure what you mean. what exactly was i going to sit in here and discussing with you that you havent been saying like a tape recorder on repeat for the past 8 years?/ believe it or not, you don't have new original views that are stimulating to discuss with.
Spot on?
You've been saying for the last 10 years that a flag is imminent because of how great Chris Scott is and we all underestimate the list.
So when you say how spot on you were well you haven't been spot on for the last 10 years

And if they wanted to appoint Kyle Sandilands as head coach you’d love it because he’s got the same strike rate of rebuilds as Chris Scott.

See I can do it too.

You’re yet to make a single sensical argument as to what logic dictates that we get a new coach for a new stage in the team’s development. Feel free anytime.

Ok, I've got a "single, sensical argument" as to why Scott should not be the head coach for a "new stage in the team's development". If it was good enough for Hawthorn and Collingwood to decide that their 10 year plus Coaches weren't the right people to do it....why should Scott be launched on as the right person after his 11 seasons?

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back