Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

As said lots over the last 5 or so years, that is our list.
Expecting more from the same players, particularly Tomahawk, is not going to happen , but accepting all their positive attributes still gives us a smiling chance.
They will be there and abouts
Agree, although I do reckon we can expect more from Tom in terms of the discipline and umpires stuff. Surely that is the easiest area to improve in at the age of 33.

Australia’s most high-profile women’s footballer, Daisy Pearce, is being lured by Geelong to be an assistant coach for the men’s team working under the mentorship of Chris Scott.

Melbourne’s Pearce, who is expected to retire at season’s end but is yet to make an announcement about her future, has been approached by several clubs for a coaching position and a source with knowledge of the situation confirmed the Cats are in advanced discussions to secure her services in 2022.

Australia’s most high-profile women’s footballer, Daisy Pearce, is being lured by Geelong to be an assistant coach for the men’s team working under the mentorship of Chris Scott.

Melbourne’s Pearce, who is expected to retire at season’s end but is yet to make an announcement about her future, has been approached by several clubs for a coaching position and a source with knowledge of the situation confirmed the Cats are in advanced discussions to secure her services in 2022.

Well guess we won't be able to hold out to get her for our AFLW/VFLW teams - can totally get behind her being involved with our AFL side, and get someone like her with her knowledge of the game

Saw something on fb the other night when Chris Scott was playing for Brisbane. Some of you do not know how tough he is when he becomes moody.
As i know him i respect him because he knows his footy.
He isn't a what people would label others as a karen. He doesn't whinge. He comes up with suggestions.

I just told my brother and his head exploded.

Give her a shot, I reckon she's a rippa.

Her voice, to me, has a lilt like fingernails on a blackboard..........

Assuming she can deliver worthwhile messaging, the determining factor in its success will hinge on the degree of respect she receives from the playing group I reckon.

Oh yeah.. Apparently they had interest from Clarkson too but they felt he was too small for the job, Dew's beer gut unfortunately was so large it squashed the selection panel, Worsfold's nose hair was thought to be too distracting for the playing group, Longmire's bald patch was deemed to pose health and safety issues and Buckley's voice was below the human frequency range.. 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daisy would be a great get IMO, another fresh voice and someone who has a great handle on the modern game... She leaves the rest of the 7 bozos for dead and is widely respected.
That article seems pretty positive that it will happen so interesting times

Assuming she can deliver worthwhile messaging, the determining factor in its success will hinge on the degree of respect she receives from the playing group I reckon.

The small matter of having the skills to actually do the job might help too I would have thought.

The small matter of having the skills to actually do the job might help too I would have thought.

Agreed.

I acknowledged, in an earlier post, the seeming consensus that she had the requisite skills, and from there was just speculating that the final obstacle for her would be 'respect'.

They will do what they are told so they don't have to hear it twice :p

Agreed.

I acknowledged, in an earlier post, the seeming consensus that she had the requisite skills, and from there was just speculating that the final obstacle for her would be 'respect'.

Presuming she's done all the same training other assistants do. As I understand there's a fair bit involved in just being considered.

Not sold she will actually be a good coach in the AFL. Big jump from Womens league to the AFL in terms of professionalism ( full time compared to amateur part time) and also the quality of coaches is below the standard across the womens league compared to the mens league due to the financial differences available. So there is a realistic gap to bridge to be a successful AFL coach coming across from the womens league.

"To persist with a losing plan is akin to banging your head against a brick wall. But you've got to weigh that with the chances of that big shift working any better, and that is always impossible to work out."
Scotty has been reading myself and others bigfooty posts over the offseason it seems.. Took him a bit longer to click but seems like he is starting to see the light.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back