Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not phased anymore.
I want young kids in the team as we saw last night, we are not a flag contender so no need to beat around the bush thinking we are. Play the kids and I'm happy.
So you are going through a phase of indifference unless we play the kids, and our results do not faze you?
You post and care a lot more than that.

So you are going through a phase of indifference unless we play the kids, and our results do not faze you?
Don't get me wrong, winning a flag would be the ultimate, like it would basically solidify us as the greatest of the modern era. To have last won a flag a decade ago and then back it up again? It would really put the club in a different stratosphere and make some of the current senior players immortals for life.
But it's not happening. I reckon it is now just as fun to enjoy watching the next breed come along than what it was when we were winning.
I know as the losses mount up, missing out on top 8 for years will test our resolve, but ultimately, it's like a parent watching their child grow up, nothing more rewarding when it works out well.

Strong from the captain on the coach.

Strong from the captain on the coach.
The really impressive part of Scott’s devious plans to destroy the club has been his ability to hoodwink everyone around him into believing he’s a great coach. A true evil genius.

The really impressive part of Scott’s devious plans to destroy the club has been his ability to hoodwink everyone around him into believing he’s a great coach. A true evil genius.
It is interesting that it's almost entirely the people who don't know him at all who think he's a charlatan. Those that actually know him and work with him generally have nothing other than glowing praise for him.

Really, really strange.

Destroying the club

Yeah he’s definitely destroying the club. Other sides spend a decade, two decades, trying to claw their way even to mediocrity, 10 finals campaigns in 11 years with 8 top 4 finishes and a 2-1 start to this season with 3 away games is definitely destroying the Geelong football club, that’s what it’s doing, it’s destroying the club, that’s a perfectly accurate and reasonable assessment, because our club is being destroyed.

I am not phased anymore.
I want young kids in the team as we saw last night, we are not a flag contender so no need to beat around the bush thinking we are. Play the kids and I'm happy.

Yeah gotta say if I was in charge of a team that started 2-1 before hosting a single game I’d be putting my hands in the air and getting ready to tank for draft picks

Yep, we shall see how much talking us up you do in another months time.

We shall see if I’m talking us up at all, considering I haven’t done it previously, or now.

When is this period that ‘we shall see about’ ever going to f*en arrive? We get told about it weekly, to the point where no c* can even enjoy the fourth greatest last quarter comeback in our club’s history without it being shat on by some downer who can’t simply enjoy a win.

Hyperbole like ‘destroying the club’ ‘the cliff will be huge’ ‘the final score doesn’t matter because of what happened in the third quarter’ and so it goes on.

thinking about the whole " we are working towards a flag with a precise recipe or i am miserable watching footy" throwaway line that gets put in here... the more you think about it, the more AFL is probably just not the sport you should follow with such a philosophy. there is no such thing as a side working towards a flag with a certain recipe for success, and teams regularly go 30-50+ years of cycled attempts without avail... that is just the nature and way AFL football is designed. it is highly unpredictable due to the equitable nature of the game and so many unpredictable external and internal elements of the game. there is no blueprint to guarantee success, and if you cannot just enjoy the games on a week to week basis without moaning about an ultimate ideology, well you probably are just not suited to be an AFL fan, and a following something like a powerhouse club in the english premier league is probably a better avenue for you to venture down as it is more predictable in terms of rebuilding for constant and more guaranteed success with less turbulence and uncertainty, which will satisfy the ideology with predictability much easier.

To be fair he had a lot of love to give in that interview. Imagine if at the end he just looked right in the camera and said "we have to get Scott out, he is holding the club back, can't motivate players, can't develop em, no plan B cause he is shit tactically"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. You have opened my eyes to this treachery.
Selwood is Scott shill.

OFFICIALLY SCOTT OUT NOW!!!

One thing we know for sure is you wont be talking us up.
Have you checked out our finals record lately?
Are you satisfied with that as a supporter?

Remember when you, me and everyone laughed at Ninthmond all those consecutive years on end . . . winning in finals shut us all up for good.

Have you checked out our finals record lately?
Are you satisfied with that as a supporter?

Remember when you, me and everyone laughed at Ninthmond all those consecutive years on end . . . winning in finals shut us all up for good.
So finishing 14th for a decade would be better than losing finals? You'd be able to look those Ninthmond supporters in the eye and say "Hey now finals are only a dream, at least we don't lose them".

So finishing 14th for a decade would be better than losing finals? You'd be able to look those Ninthmond supporters in the eye and say "Hey now finals are only a dream, at least we don't lose them".
I think we are chokers no different to how Richmond were failing to win games they should have.

Geelong has always had a top list but since 2011, we may have been better off missing finals entirely as it has stained some players reputations irreversibly for good.

Perhaps you are satisfied making up the numbers but some would have anticipated much more consistency in September. Particularly last year having signed up one of the best forward's in the game.

I think we are chokers no different to how Richmond were failing to win games they should have.

Geelong has always had a top list but since 2011, we may have been better off missing finals entirely as it has stained some players reputations irreversibly for good.

Perhaps you are satisfied making up the numbers but some would have anticipated much more consistency in September. Particularly last year having signed up one of the best forward's in the game.
So you'd rather be a cellar dweller than risk losing a final? Perhaps you need to buy yourself a Suns membership so you don't have to go though the pain of losing in September.

Saw one thing I was unaware of. Josh Jenkins has a role at the club.

Was shown on IG story in the post match huddle of players.

Saw one thing I was unaware of. Josh Jenkins has a role at the club.

Was shown on IG story in the post match huddle of players.

From January:

THE coaching careers of Eddie Betts and Josh Jenkins are underway in Geelong as the duo of recently retired veterans arrived at GMHBA Stadium on Monday.

Betts joins the Cats as a development coach and will play a key role working with Geelong's small forwards and defenders.

Jenkins has been appointed as the club's new ruck coach.

I am not phased anymore.

Agree - you can't underestimate what a great come form behind win does to a young players confidence - Close , Holmes , SDK and Stengle will benefit hugely from that experience.
I'd play Neale for Sav next week and get Stephens, Stevens, Whyte and Knevitt in at various stages pending VFL form and fitness / ability to run the game out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back