Player Watch #20 Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks almost a completely different player to the start of the year. Could have had 4 goals today if he kicked straight. Reckon someone must have put a rocket up him a few weeks ago as has come out with much stronger intent recently
Might be getting lessons from Lynch

Glad he is starting to show signs. No coincidence he is looking stronger when we have been able to starting winning the ball from the middle. Also, the quicker ball movement in has given him a chance to actually lead into a less cluttered forward line.

Was there live today and he’s no good. His hands are just terrible and he was not making the distance. Poor forward
You certainly have an unusual take on things that generally goes against the flow , he’s demonstrating that he indeed has good hands and can compete too, really focus on his goal kicking and he could be a far more damaging player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol this clownshow thinks he is Nostradamus because we are 18th on the ladder due almost entirely to our crippling injury list.

Charges me with some heinous crimes in this post....

- Supporting our triple Premiership coach Damien Hardwick. I plead guilty as charged your honour.

- Supporting the recruitment of 2023 Best & Fairest Taranto and Hopper. I plead guilty as charged your honour.

- Calling for McQualter to be appointed coach over Yze. Not guilty your honour, I never did that.

- Thinking "all our drafts are home runs." Not guilty your honour, I have never believed that or anything like it.

- Being loyal. Guilty as charged your honour, I like to think of myself as loyal.

- "Like a Trump OR Biden" supporter. It is difficult to understand this charge your honour. I do think society should support its elderly citizens.

So in summary we can see these charges are both true and terrible. The trouble is the true ones aren't terrible, and the terrible ones aren't true. :)
nice shitlist bro.

So you thought we could play finals & thought we could compete with adding Tarrant, Taranto & Hopper.

I may not be Nostradamus, but i think i might have had a better idea where we were heading than you :tearsofjoy:

And the fact you think just because Taranto won a individual award validates the move to recruit both he & Hopper suggest to me you still have NFI and not learned a goddamn thing. The club needed to go FULL YOUTH after 2021. It was OVER. All the Taranto / Hopper deals did was cost us 4 valuable picks and devalued last years pick. We should have had 2 top 5 picks already in our rebuild, instead we have 2 guys hitting 27 helping us win the wooden spoon. "whoopie"

Also, supporting our 3 time premiership coach after he cheated on his much adored and respected wife is nothing to be proud about. I rate how you treat people well above what you achieve in your f-ing job. I would have moved him on after 2020 just like the Celtics did with their coach when he did the same thing. How did that work out for them?\

1720963808534.png

Last edited:
nice shitlist bro.

So you thought we could play finals & thought we could compete with adding Tarrant, Taranto & Hopper.

I may not be Nostradamus, but i think i might have had a better idea where we were heading than you :tearsofjoy:

And the fact you think just because Taranto won a individual award validates the move to recruit both he & Hopper suggest to me you still have NFI and not learned a goddamn thing. The club needed to go FULL YOUTH after 2021. It was OVER. All the Taranto / Hopper deals did was cost us 4 valuable picks and devalued last years pick. We should have had 2 top 5 picks already in our rebuild, instead we have 2 guys hitting 27 helping us win the wooden spoon. "whoopie"

Also, supporting our 2 time premiership coach after he cheated on his much adored and respected wife is nothing to be proud about. I rate how you treat people well above what you achieve in your f-ing job. I would have moved him on after 2020 just like the Celtics did with their coach when he did the same thing. How did that work out for them?\

View attachment 2048691

I always look forward to the new levels of derangement you will bring to the table with each development in the conversation.

1. Your Celtics point is somewhat lost on me, I don't follow whatever sport Celtics play. But you seem to be inferring that sacking Hardwick after we had just won 3 flags in 4 years under him would have meant that the list you say needed gutting would have won a title straight after....something doesn't quite join up properly there RJK.

2. The club made it abundantly clear when Hopper and Taranto were recruited this was the first move in building our new midfield for the longer term. That you got confused into thinking it could only be the evil Hardwick making one last selfish play at glory for his own purposes, is on you.

3. The club drafted 5 players inside the top 30 in 2021 when you say they needed to go full youth. The club had senior players everywhere on the field to provide the sort of stability young players need to thrive when they are developing at AFL level, everywhere that is except the inside midfield. Thus, the Acquisition of the 2 quality inside mids Taranto and Hopper.

4. Taranto has played well, at least up to the level of his salary and well in line with the 2 picks that were used to acquire him, 14 & 22. Hopper has struggled with injuries. Something that can happen to any player at any time.

No matter which decisions the club made there was a chance the strategy could have gone right or wrong. So far a lot has gone wrong in 2024 & 2024. Let's see what happens if things go right, then we will be in a position to judge. Your other stuff about Mrs Hardwick etc is just a total red herring. We have changed coaches and guess what? No magic Celtics outcome.

I think Celtics are the Catholic Rugby team in Edinburgh and their arch rivals are the Walker Texas Rangers who are a Mormon club......

2. The club made it abundantly clear when Hopper and Taranto were recruited this was the first move in building our new midfield for the longer term. That you got confused into thinking it could only be the evil Hardwick making one last selfish play at glory for his own purposes, is on you.

3. The club drafted 5 players inside the top 30 in 2021 when you say they needed to go full youth. The club had senior players everywhere on the field to provide the sort of stability young players need to thrive when they are developing at AFL level, everywhere that is except the inside midfield. Thus, the Acquisition of the 2 quality inside mids Taranto and Hopper.

4. Taranto has played well, at least up to the level of his salary and well in line with the 2 picks that were used to acquire him, 14 & 22. Hopper has struggled with injuries. Something that can happen to any player at any time.

No matter which decisions the club made there was a chance the strategy could have gone right or wrong. So far a lot has gone wrong in 2024 & 2024. Let's see what happens if things go right, then we will be in a position to judge. Your other stuff about Mrs Hardwick etc is just a total red herring. We have changed coaches and guess what? No magic Celtics outcome.

The club had to say Hopper and Taranto were long term moves incase it went wrong. If they were part of building a new midfield why would you start with 2 slower, average at best skilled players. The game is going in completely the opposite direction and has been headed that way from well before we made that move.

Today was a good example as a midtable GWS could beat us with way less inside 50s because the game is about speed and the quality of disposal.

Also there was nothing wrong with trying to win with Dusty, Lynch, Bolton etc again. It didnt work, its now time to reset and rebuild hard. I think its unlikely we make any sort of top 4 run with Hopper and Taranto still around from here.

The club had to say Hopper and Taranto were long term moves incase it went wrong. If they were part of building a new midfield why would you start with 2 slower, average at best skilled players. The game is going in completely the opposite direction and has been headed that way from well before we made that move.

Today was a good example as a midtable GWS could beat us with way less inside 50s because the game is about speed and the quality of disposal.

Also there was nothing wrong with trying to win with Dusty, Lynch, Bolton etc again. It didnt work, its now time to reset and rebuild hard. I think its unlikely we make any sort of top 4 run with Hopper and Taranto still around from here.

The club's stated aim was to remain competitive. In 2023 we were competitive. Not strong, but competitive. This was despite our must important individual player, Lynch, missing every game after rd 4. And Hopper missed a third of the season and was not right physically for at least another third. The club finished with a 10-1-12 record and 94%. Remember this was after an abrupt mid-season coach change.

When the team ceased to be competitive was a point that wasn't difficult to trace. After some encouraging early season performances including beating the top team on merit with closer to our full team, we headed to Perth in rd 6 2024 to play the Eagles with none of Lynch, Balta, Prestia, Taranto, Hopper, Gibcus, Ross on the plane, and not one starting midfielder or key position player who had played more than 20 games continuously in the role for the team. Under a brand new coaching structure. With 4 players who had debuted for the club this season and another 2 that debuted last season, one of whom had played only one match. And from there the injuries only got worse with Dusty's back, losing Maurice Rioli, Lefau's ACL, Lynch's hamstring strain on return and so on.

You are giving any club a reasonable excuse for being uncompetitive at that point. Not one list in the competition remains properly competitive under that type of duress.

The reason GWS beat us on the scoreboard yesterday was not simply about speed and quality disposal. Their forward line contained:

1 Toby Greene, a veteran who is probably the best forward in the AFL and certainly the best of the non-key forwards.
2 Jessie Hogan, essentially a number 1 draft pick very experienced and talented Full Forward in great form who has played the role in this team for 4 seasons, and is below but near enough to the best key forward in the AFL right now.
3 Brent Daniels, again long experienced in this role in this team and the 13th highest rated general forward in the AFL this season, rd 2 draft pick
4 Second year number 1 draft pick Aaron Cadman
5 5th year key forward Jake Riccardi
6 2nd year rd 1 draft pick Darcy Jones

Our backline looks ok on paper but has suffered quite a lot of disruption and contained Miller and Brown who remain very new to their roles.

But compare their forward line with ours:

1 Samson Ryan - not even a forward, he is a developing ruckman totally unsuited to the role of key forward
2 Jacob Koschitzke - swapped for a late rd 3 draft pick first year at club has played this specific role all of about 6 times maximum
3 Steely Green - very late rd 3 draft pick playing his 3rd game as a 20yo
4 SSP selection Rhyan Mansell who is a converted defender but starting to get some continuity in his role
5 Rookie draft star Liam Baker late of the midfield who has no continuity in this role much less with this structure around him
6 Tyler Sonsie - rd 2 draftee more suited to playing around the midfield, with about 10 games continuity in the role, would have played with a different key forward structure in just about every one of those 10 games.
7 Shai Bolton - genuine star forward who knows his role inside out but is again being asked to play within a very unstable structure

You simply give us anything like this team anywhere near their recent best, and reasonable continuity:

B Gibcus Miller Brown
HB Rioli Short Vlastuin
C McIntosh Taranto Pickett
HF Martin M Rioli Bolton
FF Lynch Lefau Balta

R Nankervis Prestia Hopper

I/C Broad, Ross, Graham, Baker

With in reserve any of Ralphsmith, Mansell, Campbell, Koschitzke etc.

Just ask yourself would that team or anything resembling it be competitive? Every bit of evidence we have available says yes, it would be. 7 of them were missing yesterday, and of the 15 who weren't missing, about half at best had reasonable continuity in their role leading into yesterday's game.

We will get a likely gun young midfielder in the draft this year, as well as some other promising players. That gun young midfielder will almost certainly be hand-picked to complement Taranto and Hopper in the midfield, ie breakaway speed and damaging kick. And he will benefit from their presence in that midfield as he hopefully develops into a top class AFL footballer. We have ready made replacements for McIntosh, Pickett, Graham at least in the team I named above. I don't see the need for what you call a hard rebuild. The club just needs to keep trying to be competitive and take what it is given in terms of draft and free agency and trade opportunities, and hopefully with better luck with injuries and continuity we will be competitive whilst building a team that can genuinely challenge in the future.

Last edited:
His last month is basically what we all hoped for. Not a no 1 forward, not a world beater, just a solid 2nd / 3rd tall.

Handful of marks, chop out in the ruck, 10 odd posies and a goal a week with the odd, 2-3 goal performance.

If we could get Kosi and lynch working together in the same side opposition defenders will be shitting themselves
Third Tall in Lefau and they really will be shitting themselves. Imagine being a defender that knows they have to stand in the hole when there is Angry Lynch or just the freight train of Lefau possibly coming to hit you. Bright side is that at least you know you would wake up 1000 years in the future so that would be cool.

Might be getting lessons from Lynch
In his trade interviews that was a big reason he wanted to come to us beyond the obvious "who else do they have". He specifically said that he never had a an elite current forward to learn off and the idea of getting lessons from Lynch was a huge motivator. Looks like Lynch has got into his head that he just needs to launch at anything in his area and if he can tackle someone hard to go for it.

On another note, Kosi doesnt look like a liability when he pushes up the ground in link up plays at least. He was rather clean in a few plays that I saw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #20 Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back