2008 Draft Top 10 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

is currently on the same program as cothin & spends sometime at rfc

could be wrong but in a strong deep draft as most pundits predict
late 2nd round or early 3rd rounder i would think probably 25-35.

What sort of player is he. people on here say he runs pretty hard and has good skills?

What sort of player is he. people on here say he runs pretty hard and has good skills?
i see him more as an outside mid that has good pace,good skill,good motor still very light framed as you would expect from a young kid.
hate to make a bad comparison on the kid but he reminds me abit of fiora in his younger days ( hope & should he ends up better than fiora )
could be anything depends how well he is developed.

i see him more as an outside mid that has good pace,good skill,good motor still very light framed as you would expect from a young kid.
hate to make a bad comparison on the kid but he reminds me abit of fiora in his younger days ( hope & should he ends up better than fiora )
could be anything depends how well he is developed.

Thats a shocking comparison. Hes the complete opposite of a fiora.

Thats a shocking comparison. Hes the complete opposite of a fiora.
actually fiora in his junior days was a very good outside mid, hence his very high draft pick.
just didnt develope at afl levell.
who would you compare him to in the current day players.
did you see aaron fiora in his junior days ?

in your opinion's where do you think these six will place in the draft, around what picks?
1. Aaron Cornelius
2. Jack Watts
3. Daniel Hannabery
4. Hamish hartlett
5. Shaun Mckernan
6. Ranga Ediriwickrama ( if he was to go as a normal draft pick)

cheers to anyone who responds to my question

in your opinion's where do you think these six will place in the draft, around what picks?
1. Aaron Cornelius
2. Jack Watts
3. Daniel Hannabery
4. Hamish hartlett
5. Shaun Mckernan

Cornelius will be a first round pick, I'd say 7-12.

1. Aaron Cornelius
2. Jack Watts
3. Daniel Hannabery
4. Hamish hartlett
5. Shaun Mckernan

Cornelius = Top 15 (may go higher depending on the carnival)
Watts = Top 10 (so much potential, someone in the top 10 will bite)
Hannebery = Early Second Round
Hartlett = Late First Round, Early Second Round
McKernan = Top 10 (will not last past Kanga's first pick)
Ranga = Early Second Round

Vic Country's Andrew Hooper - is he a draft chance this year? Size seems against him but hes been in best both games for VC. If he is to get picked up who has thoughts on what pick that might be? He's a follower of the black and gold I believe - could he end up there?

1st pick-Richmond- Naitanui
2nd pick- Melbourne- Hurley
3rd pick- Richmond- Rich

...not going to happen but I just wanted to type it. Having Foley, Deledio, Cotchin, Rich and might I say it..Tambling is a great thought!

Realistally I hope for Watts at 6 or 7!

1st pick-Richmond- Naitanui
2nd pick- Melbourne- Hurley
3rd pick- Richmond- Rich

...not going to happen but I just wanted to type it. Having Foley, Deledio, Cotchin, Rich and might I say it..Tambling is a great thought!

Realistally I hope for Watts at 6 or 7!
i would rather have mckernan with our first pick, and if trengove or watts slip to our second i would be wraped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What type of player would Port go for if they finish with pick 6?

I'll vomit if they pick a Victorian KPP such as Hurley or Watts to replace Tredrea and we have the next selection.

C'mon Port, you know you want the local in Hartlett and a mid ahead of a tall like 2006.

You don't need a Mitch Thorp.
one that doesnt choke i should imagine

i could handle that:thumbsu:

Not sure if you mean StKilda holding on for 10th spot in another wasted season or the fact that they might draft Ziebell if they do!

Hypothetically, lets say Melbourne get the spoon and pick up NickNat. Lets say that the three next teams in no particular order are Essendon, West Coast and Fremantle. Would you expect any of those teams to pick up Hurley? Off the top of my head, I would have thought that West Coast and Essendon's priority would be mids? Probably Freo's too? West Coast are right for developing KPP, Essendon are still hoping that Gumby will do something (for the record I think he will), and have Ryder at CHB. Not so sure on Freo's KPP stocks but I think they would take Rich if they could. Obviously if he is an extreme stand out then he'll be hard to skip, but any chance he could slip to around pick 5?

Look out for Dan Hanneberry from VIC. If he doesn't get picked up this year he'll definitely go next year. Absolute freak, massive motor (awesome 1500m runner), sublime skills, and, unusually, can take pack marks even though he's a medium sized mid.

Hypothetically, lets say Melbourne get the spoon and pick up NickNat. Lets say that the three next teams in no particular order are Essendon, West Coast and Fremantle. Would you expect any of those teams to pick up Hurley? Off the top of my head, I would have thought that West Coast and Essendon's priority would be mids? Probably Freo's too? West Coast are right for developing KPP, Essendon are still hoping that Gumby will do something (for the record I think he will), and have Ryder at CHB. Not so sure on Freo's KPP stocks but I think they would take Rich if they could. Obviously if he is an extreme stand out then he'll be hard to skip, but any chance he could slip to around pick 5?

Its quite possible, it just depends how each of those teams rank Hurley in terms of talent. If he is the next best available talent then they will pick him up. Most clubs have learnt .. especially Richmond that you pick the best available and not by need. If Carlton have Pick 5 and get Hurley you'll be set :thumbsu:

I don't think that any of Essedon, WCE, or Freo will pick up Hurley. But I can see other teams who will finish below you that might- Richmond especially.

anyone seen a player named michael cussen hailing from fitzroy and now boarding at assumption college playing in the agsv.

managed to catch a glimpse at the game vs pegs and could defiently see him going top 20 this yr..

ne comments?

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 Draft Top 10 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back