2008 Draft Top 10 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally i want to see Melbourne draft Watts with our first pick. Especially if we can land Warnock in the Pre Season draft. Its our forward line that needs the most improvement now

I'm not so sure on Watts just yet.

He's a good junior, don't get me wrong, but i have doubts on his top 10 chances. He came from being rated as pretty good to top 10 after 1 good game against VC. I'll reserve judgement until he's stared in a few more games.

But i'm yet to see him do enough to justify melbourne using our first pick, most like 1 or 2, on him. Would be very happy if he fell to pick 17.

Wat if essendon finishes last get natanui and trades player/s for a say a pick 2 or 3 and maybe get rich or hurley??
What players does Essendon have that would get them picks 2 or 3 in a trade deal ? Lucas and Lloyd perhaps (to a team that wants a goal kicking forward), but even then I couldn't see it happening, particularly THIS draft. Wishful thinking on your part "sloshy" !

The discovery that waves have discrete energy packets (called quanta) that behave in a manner similar to particles led to the branch of physics that deals with atomic and subatomic systems which we today call quantum mechanics. It is the underlying mathematical framework of many fields of physics and chemistry, including condensed matter physics, solid-state physics.

Quantum mechanics was initially developed to provide a better explanation of the atom, especially the spectra of light emitted by different atomic species. The quantum theory of the atom was developed as an explanation for the electron's staying in its orbital, which could not be explained by Newton's laws of motion and by Maxwell's laws of classical electromagnetism.

does any player offer this?
i highly doubt it

What about Steven Gaertner & Tyrone Vickery both missed last year, have being playing some good footy by all accounts, i expect them to both go 15 - 25 ??

What about Steven Gaertner & Tyrone Vickery both missed last year, have being playing some good footy by all accounts, i expect them to both go 15 - 25 ??

Gaertner has had some bad form over the last year so i wouldnt be to sure he'll go has not played real well this year so needs a good finish to the year. Vickery will go 15-25 if not better .

Interesting to note Calder's Jackson Trengove went under the knife this week to repair ligaments in his knee... I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing for him, would probably help his chances rather than hinder. Has proven he has talent, and IMO will go top 10.

Interesting to note Calder's Jackson Trengove went under the knife this week to repair ligaments in his knee... I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing for him, would probably help his chances rather than hinder. Has proven he has talent, and IMO will go top 10.

Yeah look clubs wont be to bothered by this injury only in it's long term prognosis and if it could be ongoing . If it is simply an injury he'll be fine . Clubs have seen enough of guys now to have formed an opinion and given he is a big bloke they wouldnt realistically see him playing seniors next year in any case due to the fact bigger blokes take time to develop bodies capable of mixing it with the comp. So they know him ,know where he sits compared to others and i doubt any thing will change much for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't have anything unless you want to trade Lucas. I am not against it, but some people are!
Lucas wouldn't get much. At his age, and with this years draft being as deep and as talented that it is, you'd be lucky to get anything more than a 3rd round pick for him, and maybe not even that, IMO.

next year with the gold coast team getting all top draft picks means this years draft will be very important to sum clubs because no1 2 an 3 an other top ten picks will be gone

Will Watts be available if we make the finals and have a pick outside of the first eight? :eek:

What's it like to have a pick in that range? :eek:

If we finish out of the bottom six but not in the finals, would Yarran be there?

He fits one of our needs for a quick HFF, but Fev needs another tall to take the pressure off or eventually be his replacement.

It's very early, but I'm crossing my fingers for Hurley or Watts who is 194 cms, quick and bottom age.

Backline is settled and Austin is in the bests every week.

Will Watts be available if we make the finals and have a pick outside of the first eight? :eek:

What's it like to have a pick in that range? :eek:

If we finish out of the bottom six but not in the finals, would Yarran be there?

He fits one of our needs for a quick HFF, but Fev needs another tall to take the pressure off or eventually be his replacement.

I really hope we get Watts, he sounds great and like what we need.

I really have no clue and I'm only going by what I've read on this board, but I reckon he'll b available at pick 6-9, wherever we finish. From the sounds of it, I reckon we would be the most likely to target him.

But I could be talking absolute nonsense:eek:

I really hope we get Watts, he sounds great and like what we need.

I really have no clue and I'm only going by what I've read on this board, but I reckon he'll b available at pick 6-9, wherever we finish. From the sounds of it, I reckon we would be the most likely to target him.

But I could be talking absolute nonsense:eek:

I think we'll probably be taking him as well so you'd want to finish below us.. It might be the Jack Watts' Cup in a few weeks time?

The discovery that waves have discrete energy packets (called quanta) that behave in a manner similar to particles led to the branch of physics that deals with atomic and subatomic systems which we today call quantum mechanics. It is the underlying mathematical framework of many fields of physics and chemistry, including condensed matter physics, solid-state physics.

Quantum mechanics was initially developed to provide a better explanation of the atom, especially the spectra of light emitted by different atomic species. The quantum theory of the atom was developed as an explanation for the electron's staying in its orbital, which could not be explained by Newton's laws of motion and by Maxwell's laws of classical electromagnetism.

does any player offer this?
i highly doubt it

Wow, pretty good acid hey

Naitanui is going number 1. certainty. doesn't matter who has the pick
How come?

He's a tremendous athlete, but he'll be an under-sized ruckman.

If he bulks up, he might lose some of his spring.

And then where do you play him?

If he ends up as a tall wingman, I wonder whether he would justify using the #1 pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 Draft Top 10 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back