Adelaide
St Kilda
Fremantle
Sydney
West Coast
Essendon
Melbourne

im not saying essendon are gonna set the world on fire, but 15th? c'mon
we managed 12th with the worst run of injuries in the league. surely a fit list could achieve the same again, if not better?
and while there are a few veterans coming to the end, we still have decent youth so i cannot see that ruining our performance too much....

Re: 2009 AFL Ladder Prediction

Not having a go at you but how do you come to that conclusion?

I can understand when people say Geelong is still a better side, but don’t give me this rubbish that they are miles in front of any other team.

geelong arent better than hawthorn, stats show hawthorn are better, just go to ur local k-mart, jb hi-fi store and ask for a 2008 afl grand final dvd and watch it, it will back my point up!!

im not saying essendon are gonna set the world on fire, but 15th? c'mon
we managed 12th with the worst run of injuries in the league. surely a fit list could achieve the same again, if not better?
and while there are a few veterans coming to the end, we still have decent youth so i cannot see that ruining our performance too much....

the thing, is your list is a bit like the dockers - your rebuilding. The only reason the dockers are higher is because we have a bigger home ground advantage.

geelong arent better than hawthorn, stats show hawthorn are better, just go to ur local k-mart, jb hi-fi store and ask for a 2008 afl grand final dvd and watch it, it will back my point up!!

haha.

Geelong are, and will be better during the season in 2009. But come finals...

the thing, is your list is a bit like the dockers - your rebuilding. The only reason the dockers are higher is because we have a bigger home ground advantage.

true, but i believe we have already started rebuilding, leaving only progress to follow, not a further decline

Not really... Our defence is quite good. I'd say it's the best young backline in the league. Mid-field is quite solid too.

Our forward-line needs work, however. Our efficient disposal % needs to go up by a ton. Otherwise, we're alright.

Agree. Top notch young/middle aged KP defenders, Moore, Thursfield, McGuane all started to find there feet late in the season, without Polak. With Newman, Raines and McMahon to take the smalls and provide run, and young Rance waiting to come in, Richmonds backline will be scary good especially with the return of Polak.

There you have it from a neutral. :thumbsu:

1. hawthorn-
2. geelong-
3. north melbourne-
4. adelaide-
5. Carlton
6. Richmond
7. collingwood-
8. St Kilda

9. western bulldogs-
10. sydney-
11. brisbane-
12. fremantle-
13. essendon-
14. melbourne-
15. port adelaide-
16. west coast-

http://www.familycookbooks.net

1. Geelong
2. Hawthorn
3. Collingwood
4. Bulldogs
5. Kangaroos
6. Sydney
7. Carlton
8. Richmond

9. Fremantle
10. Brisbane
11. Port Adelaide
12. Essendon
13. Brisbane
14. West Coast
15. Adelaide
16. Melbourne

1. Geelong
2. Hawthorn
3. Kangaroos
4. Collingwood
5. Bulldogs
6. Sydney
7. Adelaide
8. Richmond

9. St Kilda
10. Carlton
11. Essendon
12. Port Adelaide
13. Fremantle
14. West Coast
15. Melbourne
16. Brisbane

Lol; go onto the Internet and onto a Stats Site! :rolleyes:
Like a Swans Fan said earlier in this Thread, I don't know whether to laugh or feel insulted at the fact that you think Hawthorn are better than Geelong!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pfffft impartial fans that smoke bat?

How are Geelong 'so far ahead' of us if we flogged them in the Grannie? Their missed shots?

Lol c'mon

We won 21 Games this Season and finished on Top; Hawthorn won 17 Games this year and finished 2nd.
Does than answer your question? :rolleyes:

I wouldnt mind having a few bob on the Saints wining the spoon, cousins and gardiner together at the Saints should make it an interesting bet !?

Of course I am expecting the AFL to assist me, as they could have the potential to make it to a GF however it will be interesting to see the restrictions imposed on Cousins !

1. Geelong
2. Hawthorn
3. Kangaroos
4. Collingwood
5. Bulldogs
6. Sydney
7. Richmond
8. Carlton

9. St Kilda
10. Brisbane
11. Essendon
12. Adelaide
13. Fremantle
14. West Coast
15. Melbourne
16. Port Adelaide

It's scary that scaryness thinks Port will be worse than 2008. And how will North Melbourne mount a top 4 challenge? I honestly can't believe how over-rated they are by people in Melbourne. Didn't you see round 22 North v Port at the MCG? Hello 80 point thrashing.

Sydney without Hall and O'Keefe look far more likely to compete for wooden spoon honours. Paul Roos will have to play for soccer-like scorelines (rather than the current rugby) to have any hope.

The amount of bias in this thread is making me puke.
Some objectivity would be nice :rolleyes:

Here goes:
1 - Hawthorn - We were apparently 1 year off in 2008:eek:
2 - Geelong - Will be in 1 or 2 in 2009 unless the GF defeat bring out the handbags.
3 - Carlton - on their way to buying that premiership
4 - Fremantle - About time they started to produce
5 - Bulldogs - Lack of key positions forwards are killing them.
6 - Port Adelaide - on the up with some great young talent.
7 - Collingwood - always there abouts.
8 - Richmond - will break the 9th placed hoodoo!
9 - St Kilda - On the slide...too reliant on too few.
10 - Brisbane - pushing for 8 but not up for it.
11 - West Coast - rebuilding.
12 - Adelaide - on the slide.
13 - Kangaroos - on the slide
14 - Melbourne - On the up.
15 - Sydney - ageing dinosaurs on the slide
16 - Essendon - rely on too few...some youngsters not up to it.

Ladder that I'd like:

Richmond
Carlton
Fremantle
Port
Dogs
Pies
Dons
Lions

Hawks
Cats
WC
Saints
Adelaide
Sydney
Dees
North

I don't really care as long as the Tiges come first and then go on to win an epic Ganny against Carlton after flogging the Pies in the Prelim. I'd LOVE to see the Hawks ninth. The only reason I put North last is that I forgot about them and had to think for a while about who i'd missed.:D

Here is my go

1 Hawthorn
2 Geelong
3 Kangaroos
4 Tigers
5 Sydney
6 Carlton
7 St Kilda
8 Dogs

9 Port
10 Collingwood
11. Adelaide
12 Brisbane
13 Essendon
14 West Coast
15 Melbourne
16 Fremantle

Here is my go

1 Hawthorn
2 Geelong
3 Kangaroos
4 Tigers
5 Sydney
6 Carlton
7 St Kilda
8 Dogs

9 Port
10 Collingwood
11. Adelaide
12 Brisbane
13 Essendon
14 West Coast
15 Melbourne
16 Fremantle

I have seen Freo put 16th by a few people now. Why would people think that? Do you really think they are as bad as they showed in 2008?
IMHO the poor 2008 season was an abberation for them and they are top 6 contenders for sure. They have one of the best players in the league and some of the best rookies in the league. If Harvey has finally learnt to coach, they could go far:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back