2009 All-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
great side Aussie Gun, pretty much exactly what I'd have. Only thing I'd do is probably do some shifting around, Goddard->HBF, Presti/Gilbert->Out, Boyd->In (I'm a big fan of Boyd, best player in a very good midfield this year).

ALL-AUSTRALIAN SQUAD AFTER ROUND 13:

Defenders (12):
Nathan Bock (Adelaide)
Josh Drummond (Brisbane)
Simon Prestigiacomo (Collingwood)
Chris Tarrant (Fremantle)
Paul Duffield (Fremantle)
Matthew Scarlett (Geelong)
Corey Enright (Geelong)
Aaron Davey (Melbourne)
Brendan Goddard (St.Kilda)
Sam Fisher (St.Kilda)
Sam Gilbert (St.Kilda)
Craig Bolton (Sydney)

No change

Unlucky: Hurn, R.Shaw, Lake, Glass, O'Brien, Gibson, Morris, Rutten, Kelly, Gilbee.

Midfielder (16, inc. 3 ruckmen):
Chris Judd (Carlton)
Marc Murphy (Carlton)
Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
Dane Swan (Collingwood)
Jobe Watson (Essendon)
Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle)
Gary Ablett (Geelong)
Joel Selwood (Geelong)
Brad Sewell (Hawthorn)
Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn)
Lenny Hayes (St.Kilda)
Leigh Montagna (St.Kilda)
Nick Dal Santo (St.Kilda)
Darren Jolly (Sydney)
Dean Cox (West Coast)
Matthew Boyd (Western Bulldogs)

No change.

Unlucky: Bartel, McIntosh, Edwards, S.Thompson, A.Selwood, J.Bolton, Power, Black, Jackson, Corey, Hasleby.

Forwards (12):

Jason Porplyzia (Adelaide)
Jonathan Brown (Brisbane)
Brendan Fevola (Carlton)
Leon Davis (Collingwood)
Steve Johnson (Geelong)
Paul Chapman (Geelong)
Jarryd Roughead (Hawthorn)
Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn)
Nick Riewoldt (St.Kilda)
Adam Goodes (Sydney)
Mark LeCras (West Coast)
Shaun Higgins (Western Bulldogs)

In: Jarryd Roughead, Jason Porplyzia
Out: Lance Franklin, Jason Akermanis

Unlucky: Franklin, Akermanis, Tredrea, Giansiracusa, Betts, Koschitzke, Pavlich, B.Johnson, Lockyer, O'Keefe.

ALL-AUSTRALIAN TEAM AFTER ROUND 13:
B:
Sam Gilbert - Matthew Scarlett - Simon Prestigiacomo
HB: Corey Enright - Sam Fisher - Josh Drummond
C: Leigh Montagna - Chris Judd (vc) - Nick Dal Santo
HF: Leon Davis - Nick Riewoldt (c) - Paul Chapman
F: Steve Johnson - Jonathan Brown - Mark LeCras
R: Dean Cox - Lenny Hayes - Gary Ablett
INT: Aaron Sandilands - Brendan Goddard - Joel Selwood - Adam Goodes

In: Mark LeCras, Aaron Sandilands
Out: Cyril Rioli, Darren Jolly

EMG: Darren Jolly; Matthew Boyd; Cyril Rioli

Scarlett had another very good game. With Bolton missing again and Tarrant having an average match, Presti and Fisher keep their spots. Fisher hasn't been as good as he was earlier in the season but no one else has jumped out of the pack to take his spot. Bock is still behind and was ok against Sydney but nothing special. Drummond is no longer a clear choice but keeps his spot because he has been the best off the HB line this season. Missing 3 games would bring guys like Davey back into the equation but he only played back into form last night. Enright and Gilbert both had good games. Enright is having his best season and would be challenging for the Geelong B & F.
The midfield is the same as before. Sandilands comes in as the number 2 ruckman and with Cox expected to miss next week, he could be number 1 if he plays well next week. Boyd is probably the next midfielder who would come in. Swan has started to really push for selection.
Up forward Brown has taken a clear lead in the FF race. Buddy and Fevola were nothing special on the weekend. LeCras is having a very good season and deserves to be selected as the FP. Injury and lack of goals probably gives LeCras the advantage over Rioli. Chapman had another good game to cement his spot in the team. The forward line is starting to become pretty straightforward and I can't see a lot changing for the next 9 rounds.

In regards to the squad some people might question Franklin but I think he has fallen away again. Roughead has to work harder for his goals. McIntosh would be closing on Jolly for the 3rd best ruckman. Duffield just keeps his spot but I didn't know who too put in. I almost went with Hurn or O'Brien.

One Essendon player in your whole squad, including the unluckys? Sorry but you are a goose.

Watson and Lovett our only chances.... and very good chances at that.

Ryder is not even close to AA selection but having a great season.

Two of the selctors have already hinted that Ryder would be under consideration at the half way point of the season.

I agree that he most likely won't make AA but i think 'he is not even close' is a bit far off the mark.

Cox may begin to fall out of favor as the season draws on if he continues to struggle with injury and or form.

One Essendon player in your whole squad, including the unluckys? Sorry but you are a goose.
439237994_90c09197db.jpg

KISS IT.

I had Stanton in contention for most of the year. Dempsey was close for a while. Lovett the only other real chance and I probably should put him in the unluckies. Other than that who else should be in. It's been a pretty even performance from Essendon.

KISS IT.

Two of the selctors have already hinted that Ryder would be under consideration at the half way point of the season.

I agree that he most likely won't make AA but i think 'he is not even close' is a bit far off the mark.

Cox may begin to fall out of favor as the season draws on if he continues to struggle with injury and or form.
Ryder would be 5th in line, so definitely not no chance. He has been very good with a few outstanding performances, but he didn't play ruck until the ANZAC day clash so he is technically 4 games behind the others.

Black has dominated for like 7 games in a row now, he should be in the team and also Swan should be a lock.

Ryder would be 5th in line, so definitely not no chance. He has been very good with a few outstanding performances, but he didn't play ruck until the ANZAC day clash so he is technically 4 games behind the others.

Yeah 4th-5th in line is probably a fair summation given the fact he is playing catchup.

When is the squad of 40 released? I reckon they would have Lovett in at at this stage. He and Watson would be the only 2 i suspect would be in it so i wouldn't say you are a goose. In fact it is quite the opposite. You know your shit. :thumbsu:

Look I know this thread is already full of those who think they have the prettiest girlfriend at home but does anyone who does not go for the Bulldogs rate Ryan Hargrave highly? I could even add Bulldogs fans to that, I find him incredibly underrated.

Black has dominated for like 7 games in a row now, he should be in the team and also Swan should be a lock.
Black is very unlucky to be in the squad but I fail to see how they should both be in the team. Black has been very good and another good game would see him in the squad, but he struggled for the first few rounds with his fitness due to a poor preseason with injury. I really struggle to see why Swan should be a lock as well. Only Ablett, Scarlett, Johnson and Riewoldt are locks.

Yeah 4th-5th in line is probably a fair summation given the fact he is playing catchup.

When is the squad of 40 released? I reckon they would have Lovett in at at this stage. He and Watson would be the only 2 i suspect would be in it so i wouldn't say you are a goose. In fact it is quite the opposite. You know your shit. :thumbsu:
I think it was released the Monday or Tuesday after the H&A season finished. Lovett should be in the unlucky category for the midfielders, other than that I think you're right in saying him and Watson are the only ones in contention for the moment. Dempsey, Stanton, Ryder and Winderlich have chances if they finish the season off well.

I think it was released the Monday or Tuesday after the H&A season finished. Lovett should be in the unlucky category for the midfielders, other than that I think you're right in saying him and Watson are the only ones in contention for the moment. Dempsey, Stanton, Ryder and Winderlich have chances if they finish the season off well.

Oh ok. I was under the impression that they also released a list around the half way mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my team so far, criticise if need be.

Hargrave Scarlett Gilbert

Enright Fisher Goddard

Montagna Hayes Swan

S Johnson Riewodlt Chapman

Le Cras J Brown L Davis

Cox Ablett Black

Bench-Sandilands, Judd, Dal Santo, Drummond

emerg-Mitchell, Selwood, Fev

Swanny would be in there for sure. Ahead of Goddard, Selwood, Goodes.
Swan can get the ball but the others you mentioned do more damage with it. I have never rated Swan that highly so he would have to be tearing the house down for me to put him in my side. He has been good so there is nothing wrong with other people selecting him, it's just personally I don't rate him as highly as others. I rate Pendlebury ahead of Swan this season.

Taking the opposite tack of most on here......

I don't see how Sam Fisher is AA this year.

He was very good between Rounds 1 - 10, but has since been tagged, by a forward player whose role is not necessarily to kick goals or to set any up, but to nullify Sam Fisher's influence on the game.

Having an opponent who can be dangerous with the ball in his hands means Sam cannot zone off whenever he likes or just run around with no opponent, he has to make the right decisions 9/10 times or else his team could be hurt badly.

Teams who can stop Sam Fisher getting a lot of the ball in their own forward line go along way to creating a good close game with the Saints.

Taking the opposite tack of most on here......

I don't see how Sam Fisher is AA this year.
I was thinking that when I did the team. This week it didn't feel like he deserved to be in the team. He had a good start and now has slowed a bit but no one else has really stood out at CHB. As TIG said he is pretty much being tagged out of the game. If Bolton hadn't been injured he would have been CHB by now. Bock will probably have it in a few weeks.

Scotty McMahon, Gibbo and Big Hamish:thumbsu:
Gibson has been impressive and doesn't seem to be getting recognition for a good season. McIntosh is right in the mix for the ruck spots.
I think porps and bock would be our contenders at the moment. Not sure if they could be squeezed in though.
Yep, Edwards and Thompson a chance for the midfield spots.

Gibson has been impressive and doesn't seem to be getting recognition for a good season. McIntosh is right in the mix for the ruck spots.

Yep, Edwards and Thompson a chance for the midfield spots.

Taylor Walker makes my side. He's a freak.

Thompson would almost make my side, Bock would be close but there's a few ahead of him in my opinion.

sadly dont think any of the port boys will get a run this year! kane cornes would perhaps be our best contender and tredrea would have been close about 4 weeks ago but hasnt done much since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back