Resource 2009 finals tickets thread (updated for Grand Final ticket ballot results)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Finals tickets thread

i logged on at 9am but couldnt seem to get level N seats for some reason... ended up getting p22 (level 2A). Ive never sat on this level before, you guys think they are good seats or too high up? cheers

i logged on at 9am but couldnt seem to get level N seats for some reason... ended up getting p22 (level 2A). Ive never sat on this level before, you guys think they are good seats or too high up? cheers

Level P is awesome...just a small row of seats infront of the boxes... i like it more then N :)

Yeah you get a great view from Level 2A (P) The only downside is that its not undercover.

Seems as if it was just me to have a full on fight with the ticketek website yesterday morning!! **^%!#*!! Wasted way to much time trying to get tickets online and end up down at a ticketek outlet anyway. (Hope it's not a repeat next monday). I'm in M55, I'm hoping it's a bay full of cats supporters. Enjoy the game people.

Go Cats!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems as if it was just me to have a full on fight with the ticketek website yesterday morning!! **^%!#*!! Wasted way to much time trying to get tickets online and end up down at a ticketek outlet anyway. (Hope it's not a repeat next monday). I'm in M55, I'm hoping it's a bay full of cats supporters. Enjoy the game people.

Go Cats!!

we won't be needing tickets next monday:p

Are the AFL gilding the lily about our game having sold more tickets than Sunday's game?

I just went on the Ticketmaster site out of curiosity to see if the general public are offered better seats than us members (especially the level Two seats i really wanted) and noticed that for our game there are still some decent level one (and two) seats available, whereas all i can find for the Sunday game are nosebleed seats on Level Four.

Are the AFL gilding the lily about our game having sold more tickets than Sunday's game?

I just went on the Ticketmaster site out of curiosity to see if the general public are offered better seats than us members (especially the level Two seats i really wanted) and noticed that for our game there are still some decent level one (and two) seats available, whereas all i can find for the Sunday game are nosebleed seats on Level Four.

There was about 20,000 seats left for both games as of last night. Our game is the series ticket game which makes it look like it selling better than it is. I'm not sure how many series tickets the AFL sell these days but previously its been around 5-10k mark. (for those who don't know, a Series Ticket is a ticket that entitles you to a game every week including the Grand Final)

The General Public Demand would have been pretty high this morning for the Collingwood vs St.Kilda game so it doenst surprise me that they only have nosebleeds left. A lot of Collingwood AFL members missed out on tickets yesterday because it sold out, so they would have bought tickets this morning. I'd say there game will sell out, but it wont be a full house because of the MCC.

You are right though, there is some awesome seats left for the Geelong vs Bulldogs game. I just checked and got offered N10 (Level2) - ROW D.

Its pretty dodgy that Members arent given priority to the best seats. They are allocated areas around the ground with some bays held for the General Public. Its seems a lot of the members tickets were sold behind the goals near the cheer squads.

Yeah I saw that N10 ticket.. Pretty infuriating to be honest.

:rolleyes:I had to buy 3 premium tickets on Monday..M 13 I got really peed off with the crappy seats they were giving me for 50 bucks..paid the extra $12 per seat ..less stress :)

You are right though, there is some awesome seats left for the Geelong vs Bulldogs game. I just checked and got offered N10 (Level2) - ROW D.

I looked at lunchtime and saw similar seats, which pissed me off no end.

Its pretty dodgy that Members arent given priority to the best seats. They are allocated areas around the ground with some bays held for the General Public.

Yep, it's pretty ordinary.

The supposed advantage for members is that we get first crack but when many of the best seats are held back for the general public, there is absolutely no advantage for members.

Its seems a lot of the members tickets were sold behind the goals near the cheer squads.

Yep.
Most of those offered to me on Monday morning were either in the Ponsford Stand behind the goals (worst seat in the house in my view) or on level one of the Olympic Stand.
I was dead keen on some level two seats in the Southern Stand, but not one was offered to me over a two hour period, only to find that they're readily available today.
Frustrating.

I looked at lunchtime and saw similar seats, which pissed me off no end.

Yep, it's pretty ordinary.

The supposed advantage for members is that we get first crack but when many of the best seats are held back for the general public, there is absolutely no advantage for members.

Yep.
Most of those offered to me on Monday morning were either in the Ponsford Stand behind the goals (worst seat in the house in my view) or on level one of the Olympic Stand.
I was dead keen on some level two seats in the Southern Stand, but not one was offered to me over a two hour period, only to find that they're readily available today.
Frustrating.

They do this every year so I thought people would have known. Im a dogs member and woke up late at around 11pm on monday and could only get crap premium seats, so I didnt bother and waited until 9am today and nailed gun level 2 seats on the wing. They always save decent bays for the general public so that they dont complain, while selling crappy premium tickets to members who are unaware believing that they are the only premium seats they can get.

Its harsh, but they are in the business of making money and cant please everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back