2009 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, when I go to Melbourne, that membership only gets me into level 3. If I want to sit on Level 1 with the rest of the members, I have to pay $30ish full price.

I guess you already know this but if you're willing to leave things to the last minute I think you can ask for a L1 ticket on the day for $0. Got some great seats every time I tried it last year.

^ What's the point in getting a L1 reserved ticket. All you have to do is walk through, it's not like they ask. If you get caught just say you thought you could sit down there because at the G you can. Besides it's not like your gonna be sitting in someones seat you could always shift one seat if you indeed are. I did it against the Power and no problems at all. Will continue to do it for the low attendance matches.

^ What's the point in getting a L1 reserved ticket. All you have to do is walk through, they don't ask after the 1st quarter. It's not like it's packed down there. I did it against the Power and no problems at all. Will continue to do it for the low attendance matches.

Firstly, you won't get anywhere near it in games other than Port or Freo, secondly you're helping the club, and you can arrive to games just before the first bounce.

Firstly, you won't get anywhere near it in games other than Port or Freo, secondly you're helping the club, and you can arrive to games just before the first bounce.
True, which is why I said it in my last sentence.
If you want to help the club you're better off to just donate $30 to the club rather than giving it to the jihad stadium.

I guess you already know this but if you're willing to leave things to the last minute I think you can ask for a L1 ticket on the day for $0. Got some great seats every time I tried it last year.

Doesn't work anymore. They have changed the rules so now it's full price for level 1.

I don't mind paying extra for a L1 reserved seating membership. I don't mind
other supporters wandering down to level 1 either.
I assume my paying extra helps out the club, but if I'm wrong and we are getting dudded by the AFL and Jihad stadium, I rather make a donation to the club and buy general admission tickets for next season. Or make a donation and stay home and watch on TV.
Can someone from the club clarify this?

That membership change kinda screwed me this year. In previous years, it got you into 5 North Melbourne games anywhere in the country. So if for example I wanted to go to the NMFC games here in Adelaide, i'd ring the local ticketing agency, give them my membership, and buy a reserved seat for about $11. Now though, I have to pay full price :(

Also, when I go to Melbourne, that membership only gets me into level 3. If I want to sit on Level 1 with the rest of the members, I have to pay $30ish full price.

I'm as loyal as they come so i'll always sign up, but really, this membership offers no value to me anymore.

That applies to everyone now though because of the money hungry Stadium.

I don't mind paying extra for a L1 reserved seating membership. I don't mind
other supporters wandering down to level 1 either.
I assume my paying extra helps out the club, but if I'm wrong and we are getting dudded by the AFL and Jihad stadium, I rather make a donation to the club and buy general admission tickets for next season. Or make a donation and stay home and watch on TV.
Can someone from the club clarify this?

Not answering your question but I think a reserved seat is well worth it. Currently I choose to buy extra memberships instead but if I could get to the game every week with the same people I would definitely go reserve. Also the only way to go it seems going by the new change. Another reason to despise Etihad management - why make people sit on level 3 when level 1 is half empty? Profiteering fools.

can someone please tell me what it would cost me or a family of four for a lv1 reserved membership for 11 home games ? thank you

Don't know those exact terms, but I will give you my example which will give you a rough idea. I have a Social club 16 game membership for me and my son (junior social club) with seats on level one, plus one more Harvey's Heroes membership for my daughter with no reserve seat and an 11 game adult one for my wife. This cost me around $825.

You want less games, but more reserve seats. I'd reckon it will be between 750 and 1000.

thanks... i thinklol well we can't afford that much money. Now I heard before the season started Euegene state that we wanted to play all our games at the Dome. so for 300 odd bucks we can sit pretty much where ever we like.(G) But at the Dome of course LV3 only. Gees I hope Eug thinks long & hard over summer about changing that. As I said I think the Dome is turning a lot more people off going to the footy than just my family. Gees why would opposition supporters turn up in large numbers & have to sit a mile from the action when their home ground is the 'G'. Its no bloody wonder we struggle to get a crowd . Will be attending our home game against the Dogs at the 'G' - will be interesting to see the crowd numbers against a Dome game.

To be fair, level 3 at the Dome is equivalent (just about) to level 2 at the G.
Especially lower part of level 3 is great viewing.

Try seating in the middle part of level 4 at the G and the difference is enormous. I think the Dome has a lot of issues such as food and car park prices as well as the crap deal the club gets from it, but as far as spectator viewing is concerned, it's got to be the best in the country.

In fact I reckon level 3 at the Dome is better than level one in many ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Level 3 is damn good, just as long as you sit in the first couple of rows, but a bit further back is still better than most spots on Level 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back