2009 Reports, Articles, Suspensions and Injuries! (Part Two)

Remove this Banner Ad

You cant rest two of my midfielders this week. Mustons my 2nd backup.

If they want to rest I think they have learnt their lesson not to do it all in one week.
Or you'll shatter the teams confidence, I hope specially with some of the other stars still injured.

Give them a jab, they'll be right

i wouldn't be overly dissapointed if Jimmy misses. I have Anthony on my bench and im desperate to get him into the team because he is outscoring most of my players...but i can't drop guys like Bartel, Kornes, Murphy, Cross etc for him.

That said, I have had Jimmy captain every week since round 1 so would make captain choice very hard considering i have no Ablett or Swan.

bartel has to pass a fitness test. not sure what day though. you'd still think he would have less game time if he played against melbourne

ehh that doesnt really shed any light on anything. pav and sandi might both play and might both miss. Hopefully at least one will return for freo and my dt.

Carlton coach Brett Ratten remains undecided when to recall experienced midfielders Nick Stevens and Heath Scotland to the side.

"They're in our best 22 when they're up and playing well," Ratten said.

"Training performance might tell the tale for us.

On those comments at least 1 of them would be back this week you'd expect, maybe even both, but I don't think he'd drop 2 players from a team that has won 2 on the trot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will this mean Adcock will start next year fairly underpriced like he was a few seasons ago?
That 5 from last week and the fact he's missing about a quarter of a season should contribute to a much lower starting price for next season, right?
Get on the train.
Wrong.

Players don't get discounts on their price unless they miss all but a couple of games in a season. Adcock will be priced at an 84.5 average, which will be relatively expensive for a backman but still affordable. The 5 helped bring his average down significantly.

Will Hille get a discount next year??

Should do. He only played 4 games at an avg of 68. Couple that with his drop of $50k this year & he should be well down.

Wrong.

Players don't get discounts on their price unless they miss all but a couple of games in a season. Adcock will be priced at an 84.5 average, which will be relatively expensive for a backman but still affordable. The 5 helped bring his average down significantly.
I think what he meant to say is:

Yes he will be priced at 84.5, but before last rounds '5', he was averaging around 90.1 - hence he is actually underpriced by aout 5.6 if priced at 84.5 due to the injury game. Does that make sense?

Very similar to nathan van berlo - he was knocked out in first few minutes of his round 17 2008 clash against sydney and scored just 2. Whilst he was priced at an average of 85 in 2009, if you remove this game he actually averaged 88.95 and was hence a little underpriced.

Yes he did mean that, but he was also asking if Adcock missing a quarter of the season would further contribute to a decrease in starting price next season (ie a discount).
Ah yes i misread.

I wont touch him - learnt from gia's knee problems in 2008 resulting in problems in 2009 that it just isnt worth it, Particularly when its been a near miss for adcock.

Who said that? He will play. If he doesnt Ill make ballantyne as my captain next week.

It was the journalist they have on the show. Forgotten his name sorry. Certainly didn't rule him out, just said there was some doubt there.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Reports, Articles, Suspensions and Injuries! (Part Two)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back