Piikeyyy

Team Captain
Jul 9, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Happy Valley Vikings!!
The other thread is well over 1000 posts now so discuss trade options here.

Ive been hit with Kane Cornes, Higgins, Houlihan, Brown's late withdrawal but am hoping I will just be able to scrape through this week with no trades. There to valuable!!

Tuck will come good. He didnt start killing it till the second half last season, he is worth persevering with.

Currently carrying these players:

Backs: Cheney, Broughton, Bock, Hodge
Mids: Kornes, Beams, Robinson
Forwards: Hentschel, Brown, Higgins

If none of those guys get up for next week, there's 4 0's. Hopefully Brown and/or Higgins come in, Bock comes in, and Kornes plays with strapping. Oh, and Cheney or Broughton getting a call-up would be nice :)

Tuck will come good. He didnt start killing it till the second half last season, he is worth persevering with.

I hope your right. I picked him due to his great form in the latter half of last season but it is getting frustrating watching him score mid 80s every game. That being said there is no way i will trade him with the unavoidable amount of injuries all teams are being hit with this year, and the waste of sideways trades.

At least he waited until it did reach the magical 1000 post mark. I find it hard to talk about trading when this round is still currently going.

this is true, improvement.

if hodge is out this week i will be looking at getting him out. with houlihan on the bench and a chance he might miss again i will need to trade hodge to avoid a zero, unless broughton plays.

will be looking at lockyer and bowden. (plenty of cash in the bank)

Peoples thoughts on Rich -> Cooney?

Going by the new prices on FF, the trade costs 80k. If the Coon dog is back, he could average 90-95 from here on out. Very cheap for that upside. I dont think Rich has peaked, but he probably only has another 10-30k in him.

a whole 11 posts over :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
haha you beat me to it.

The trade thread is purely text, no big pictures or whatever, it could go to 1,500 easily without causing problems, i'm sure.

I saw it at 1,006 yesterday and thought to myself - some keen beaver is going to create a new thread tomorrow, no doubt.

this is true, improvement.

if hodge is out this week i will be looking at getting him out. with houlihan on the bench and a chance he might miss again i will need to trade hodge to avoid a zero, unless broughton plays.

will be looking at lockyer and bowden. (plenty of cash in the bank)

I don't think Bowden should be considered at this stage of our season, just because i don't think his job security is that high.

Im just not certain that he will play the remainder of the season - his decision making was questionable at times on the weekend and despite having quite a level head - he might only need one bad game to be out of the side.

Lockyer on the other hand is about as safe as they come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going by the new prices on FF, the trade costs 80k. If the Coon dog is back, he could average 90-95 from here on out. Very cheap for that upside. I dont think Rich has peaked, but he probably only has another 10-30k in him.

Both players have very similar rounds coming up. Brisbane has Adelaide, St Kilda, North Melbourne whilst WB has Melbourne, Geelong, Sydney. I'm gonna tend towards caution once again as rich has been consistent and his BE has fallen again = 36.

Bock will miss another week, and article mentioned he is in doubt for the week after that. so could be a 3-4 weeker. must have been a really bad "strain".

Krakouer to Stevie J is my possible trade this week.

Currently carrying these players:

Backs: Cheney, Broughton, Bock, Hodge
Mids: Kornes, Beams, Robinson
Forwards: Hentschel, Brown, Higgins

If none of those guys get up for next week, there's 4 0's. Hopefully Brown and/or Higgins come in, Bock comes in, and Kornes plays with strapping. Oh, and Cheney or Broughton getting a call-up would be nice :)

Potential going to carry 4 zero's in my mid :)

I must get rid of Kerr. He has absolutely killed me.

Same trade I'm contemplating this week. Cooney looked really good on the weekend, should average 90+ from here on and slot nicely in as your 5-6th mid, and only around 320k

Only worry for me is trading out Rich, I got burnt a few years back with another gun rookie in Selwood, after I traded him out he averaged around 100 for the next 10 games (no saying that Rich is going to do this btw). Just think Rich has a few more weeks left in him

Do you have any other mids that you would consider trading?

And does any1 have any thoughts on Krak to ROK this week? (costing only 11k)

My trading this week is totally up in the air, a heck of alot is going to depend on the teams that are named with numerous potential outs.

The 200k I have in the bank is going to be crucial as I think it will allow me to perform 2 x upgrades to cover premium injuries if required.

i dont understand the appeal of ROK, hes very inconsistent, rarely pulls out big 100's and posts scores of 30-40 fairly often
Incorrect.

He is extremely consistent and good for an 85 average for sure.

Its just his role has been terrible for him over the first 6-7 rounds due to problems with the swans forward line (mick and hall mainly), which has meant he has to play closer to goal meaning his scores have been deflated.

Apparently Houlihan was named in the best for the bullants and you'd think that that along with carltons loss would mean that he would get recalled, but is their any chance of raines getting back in for rance?

I'm looking to do:

T.Tuck --> Rookie
Rance --> Premium

My backlines a ****en mess atm with so many injuries. I had high hopes for Trav Tuck but he just aint scoring what I'd expect from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back