2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Am thinking RIch to Cockie
and Tuck to basically any midfielder under 450,000

Was thinking Cooney but still not set on him yet... Can always get him next week for otten if he has another good game. He isnt gonna jump that much in one week and would rather see him put together two good games in a row. He is only playing melbourne tho so probably not the best test.

Will probably go Kornes if he is named. Reckon his at a pretty good price! Then will look to trade otten to swanny in a few weeks when swans price drops a bit

Guys just wondering on your opionins on who to upgrade first.

Pearce
Griffin
Krakeour

I am looking to upgrade one of them, but am unsure which should be the first to go.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Guys just wondering on your opionins on who to upgrade first.

Pearce
Griffin
Krakeour

I am looking to upgrade one of them, but am unsure which should be the first to go.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Id probably go Griffin...

Krakour has been great this season...heard he had an average game on the weekend didnt see what he scored but apparantly was a bit off. Pearce has proved he can have good dream team games (reminding your pearce and krakour are playing richmond this week).

Griffin has never really showed anything as a dream teamer. He is playing melbourne lol but has never really been a great scorer IMO pearce and krakour have alot more up side.

Surely you must have bigger issues in your team than these guys tho...

got no mitch browns or petrenkos runnin around on the field?

Looking at trading bock this week.

Bock -> Birchall

Will wait on teams to see if: Bateman, cockie, robinson, houlihan and cheney are named.
If none of bateman, cockie, robbo are selected i will probably go

Bateman -> cooney.

or should i free up 100K by getting coughlan? thoughts??

Tight Groin i believe Rocket said.

Have no idea how bad it is......i am just praying he is good to go for this week.
That's how it all started with Didak, and I'm still waiting there... Fingers crossed this isn't one of those moments.

Tough one this week

Could do Andy Otten straight swap to Marc Murphy

or

Andy Otten to Deledio and Adcock to Sam Fisher.

Which one should I choose?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People were talking about Hodge before in the post, and I just wanna re-visit that.

I currently have Hodge and have had to put up with the shit scores he has produced. These scores might be a consequence of his groin injury hes been carrying for several weeks. I think if you've held him this long, u may as well see it out. Hodge can surely only improve his scores and once he has rested up he will be good as new + when injuried hawks players return he should have more freedom to get the ball.

I will let the big man sit on my bench, he will have time to realise how much pain he has caused dt players and then come out and post some 100's like we know he can.

My team, like everyone else, is being r*ped by injury and non-selection.

Backs: Bock, Hodge, Cheney, Broughton
Mids: Swan, Kornes, Beams, Robinson
Forwards: Higgins, M Brown, Hentschel

Potentially carrying 5 0's this weekend, but I'm thinking of changing my strategy slightly. I was basically going to try and use 4 trades over the next 2 rounds to try and fix all the holes by sideways trading premium/keepers, but realise that I'll be left with many rookies on the field when my team is full strength.

I'm just going to have to cop a few 0's, and try and downgrade a couple of rookies here and there, and still try and upgrade where possible. I'm clearly on top in my league with a couple of simple games coming up... I think if I trade for short injuries (ie, 1-3 weeks), then I'll crash and burn very soon. By copping 0's now, i'll give myself a better shot at the league win.

Main problem: Ranked in the top 75, so this will probably drop.

Depending on the extent of my players injuries, I might look at doing this trade this week.

In: Cockie, Cooney
Out: Beams, Picken

Everything will become a lot clearer when teams are announced.

Tough one this week

Could do Andy Otten straight swap to Marc Murphy

or

Andy Otten to Deledio and Adcock to Sam Fisher.

Which one should I choose?

Just guessing but...

Otten to Murphy would yield say [(100-70)x15)]=4,500

Otten/Adcock to Deledio/Fisher would yield say [(90-70+90-80)x15] = 4,500

So Option one looks superior for mine

I'm thinking of at least 1 trade this week.

Trade 1: Nathan Brown has been sitting on the sidelines for way too long now and I think the time is right to give him his marching orders and bring in Steve Johnson.

Trade 2: I'm also contemplating trading Dale Thomas out for Pavlich. Pav has started to rack up points so his price has pretty much bottomed out as much as possible.

Trade 1 is a 90% go ahead.
Trade 2 will depend on the need to trade to cover any injuries etc for this week.

Thoughts??

Id probably go Griffin...

Krakour has been great this season...heard he had an average game on the weekend didnt see what he scored but apparantly was a bit off. Pearce has proved he can have good dream team games (reminding your pearce and krakour are playing richmond this week).

Griffin has never really showed anything as a dream teamer. He is playing melbourne lol but has never really been a great scorer IMO pearce and krakour have alot more up side.

Surely you must have bigger issues in your team than these guys tho...

got no mitch browns or petrenkos runnin around on the field?

Mmmm yeah. I was leaning towards Griffin as well, thought he was in for a breakout year....i was mistaken :(.

As far as bigger problems go, well i did have 8 players not play for me last week. But... they were all dropped/late withdrawals or injuries. However the injuries dont seem that serious (Swan, Davis and Higgins).

Thinking of trading M.Brown to Sidebottom and then using the extra cash to upgrade one of the 3 players i mentioned.

Still deciding...

I'm thinking of at least 1 trade this week.

Trade 1: Nathan Brown has been sitting on the sidelines for way too long now and I think the time is right to give him his marching orders and bring in Steve Johnson.

Trade 2: I'm also contemplating trading Dale Thomas out for Pavlich. Pav has started to rack up points so his price has pretty much bottomed out as much as possible.

Trade 1 is a 90% go ahead.
Trade 2 will depend on the need to trade to cover any injuries etc for this week.

Thoughts??
Are you really sure you want to trade out brown?

Trust me, i know your pain as i am a brown owner myself, but he was a late withdrawal this week just gone and it is a sideways trade

In saying that i am fed up too :D

Hopefully he is named and stays in this week

Your second trade looks pretty good i might add

Are you really sure you want to trade out brown?

Trust me, i know your pain as i am a brown owner myself, but he was a late withdrawal this week just gone and it is a sideways trade

In saying that i am fed up too :D

Hopefully he is named and stays in this week

Your second trade looks pretty good i might add

Things like this you must stick it out imo. Prime examples are Hill, Walker, Hasleby and soon to be Hodge and Deledio.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back