2009 Trade Discussion Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
will be trading Rich out this week, unless of course i decide to trade out houlihan, however he can ride the pine now chad is back i guess, so i dont have to decide whether to bench broughton or grimes.

so my options for the upgrade will be anyone under 419k
-Sewell, highest avg of all of them, thus highest price tag. go with him and have minimal change?
-J Selwood, very good value. go with him and pocket 66k in change?
-Boyd,Murphy,Lewis etc.

probs will not be doing any trades till right before finals (6 will remain) so the 66k from selwood may not be needed for a while to upgrade anyone in the near future.

thoughts much appreciated.
now back off to spesh holiday hw (N)

Have decided only 1 trade: Robinson>anthony, leaves me with 170k

Nxt week who should i upgrade:

Hill,Grima,Houlihan,Rich,Sidebottom?

And 4 who?

will be trading Rich out this week, unless of course i decide to trade out houlihan, however he can ride the pine now chad is back i guess, so i dont have to decide whether to bench broughton or grimes.

so my options for the upgrade will be anyone under 419k
-Sewell, highest avg of all of them, thus highest price tag. go with him and have minimal change?
-J Selwood, very good value. go with him and pocket 66k in change?
-Boyd,Murphy,Lewis etc.

probs will not be doing any trades till right before finals (6 will remain) so the 66k from selwood may not be needed for a while to upgrade anyone in the near future.

thoughts much appreciated.
now back off to spesh holiday hw (N)

Similar situation but with 387k..I haven't got selwood either so he is the obvious choice. Was also looking at Cross or Boyd too just for something a bit different.

Similar situation but with 387k..I haven't got selwood either so he is the obvious choice. Was also looking at Cross or Boyd too just for something a bit different.

I dunno about Boyd because there's been a lot of talk this week how is under rated so he may cop a bit more attention and with Cross he handballs a lot but then again winds up having three handballs in the one play. Can someone give me there opinion on this. Which upgrade is better Nahas - Riewoldt or Houlihan - Goddard? Cheers..

I dunno about Boyd because there's been a lot of talk this week how is under rated so he may cop a bit more attention and with Cross he handballs a lot but then again winds up having three handballs in the one play. Can someone give me there opinion on this. Which upgrade is better Nahas - Riewoldt or Houlihan - Goddard? Cheers..

Easily Houlihan to Goddard. Houlihan will be played in the forward tag role more often than not and when he has done that he tends to score less than 60 points. Nahas on the other hand has been fantastic and is averaging around 70 points. Also, you pretty much need to have Goddard because he is the one backman you can rely on.

Houlihan past 5 game average = 57
Nahas past 5 game average = 73

Been copping a zero in the midfield since Jade Rawlings dropped Coughlan, and Zahakaris got dropped too. Now i think i may trade out Coughlan for Steven Salopek, Cale Morton or Danyle Pearce. I've only got 4 trades left though, so not sure wether to trade or hope one of Coughlan or Zaha comes back in.

Thoughts??????????

you would have to get Salopek

no not really, he could get liam anthony who i think will be adequete as a 6th back if your ranked 25k. With that money he then can uprage future players that are >Pearce. Liam Anothony could be a sneaky pick for you mate;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big Question:

Ablett or Bartel?
I would go ablett because he will always get big scores so his a good captain option. Dont know the price differences though but if its a big difference then Bartel because that extra money could come in handy for another trade

no not really, he could get liam anthony who i think will be adequete as a 6th back if your ranked 25k. With that money he then can uprage future players that are >Pearce. Liam Anothony could be a sneaky pick for you mate;)

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I like this idea.

Nothing like a little upraging! Going all crazy and wild.

:)

Easily Houlihan to Goddard. Houlihan will be played in the forward tag role more often than not and when he has done that he tends to score less than 60 points. Nahas on the other hand has been fantastic and is averaging around 70 points. Also, you pretty much need to have Goddard because he is the one backman you can rely on.

Houlihan past 5 game average = 57
Nahas past 5 game average = 73

Did anyone else notice that Houlihan finally went to the backline in the last quarter and doubled his score.

I hope this isn't a one off and his move to the backline is more permanent. As a back he junks it up as good as anyone, in the forward line he is useless and more likely to get dropped. Fingers crossed, Ratten recognises Carl need someone who can hit a target back there!

Did anyone else notice that Houlihan finally went to the backline in the last quarter and doubled his score.

I hope this isn't a one off and his move to the backline is more permanent. As a back he junks it up as good as anyone, in the forward line he is useless and more likely to get dropped. Fingers crossed, Ratten recognises Carl need someone who can hit a target back there!

Disagree completely.

Whils his DT scoring is useless - he has been admirably completing the job given to him. So his job security would be high.

in defence - his DT would be higher but his job security less

Hold off with Nahas, his BE is still very low and there's more $ to be squeezed out of him yet.

Looking to upgrade either Rich or coughlan this week to J Selwood. have been playing one on Field and one on bench.

question is which player do i upgrade.

rich - has peaked could possible drop in value if not traded.

coughlan - possibly wont play again this year, but also wont drop in value.

If i was you i would trade out Coughlan unless he gets named this week. I would much rather have a bench player playing getting a 75avg score rather than having Coughlan sitting there not doing anything.

Brennan's major reprieve has totally shaken up my trading strategy for the run into the finals. I was planning on bringing Gaz in for week 1 of the big dance but with Muston stays out I can go:

Muston > Ablett
Warren > Ballantyne

This would leave me a team of:

B: Goddard Fisher Mackie Hodge Grimes Broughton Houlihan (Suban Raines)
M: Ablett Swan Bartel Corey Murphy Judd (Cockie Meyer)
R: Cox MacIntosh (Jacobs Spencer)
F: Riewoldt Chapman S.Johnson Pavlich Higgins Didak Brennan (Ballantyne Hentschel)

I would be down to 5 trades and would have 38k in the back. I would then be happy to wait out and save the 5 trades for LTI's with the option of upgrading Houlihan at some stage during Rounds 19-22.

My weakness is Hoops and only 1 back up in each of the main positions but I am not wasting a trade at this stage to do a sideways trade for a back up.

Is 5 trades with 7 rounds remaining cutting it a bit thin?

iluvparis

Your team is a bit similar to mine although I have Houlihan on the bench. If you did a double trade and upgraded him you would have 3 trades which is the same as me.

Personally 3 trades is one short although I have reasonable support on the bench (Ballantyne, Houlihan, Suban and Anthony). The good thing about a finalised team is that if one gun gets injured you simply trade for another gun - no double trades required.

I'm in the eliminator and top 100 so i'm willing to take a few risks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back