Mernda
St Marys
Epping **
Keon Park **
Watsonia
Reservoir **
Yarrambat/Montmorency **

** do they have a team?

players to look for will depend on whether or not players are still playing or gone up to seniors..

big year set for missailidis and drummond down at mernda, also johnston to step up and lead from the middle

ring will lead watsonia

who does whittlesea and macleod have left from there dominating teamz last year?

apparently there was a massive amount of players that left sth morang mostly going to thomastown

look out for hopper down at st marys

who knows who'll be in the bundoora side, apparently could be constantly changing

mcllellan down at lower will have another big year if still 19s

watch out for jesse deas at epping if his playing

does anyone have any info on diamo, keon park, ressa and yarrambat/montmorency? and whether they have a team or not? saw a fixture which included them all..

how will the season go??

predictions

Macleod
Bundoora
Whittlesea
Sth Morang
Lower Plenty
Diamond Creek
Mernda
Epping **
St Marys
Keon Park **
Watsonia
Reservoir **
Yarrambat/Montmorency **

** do they have a team?

players to look for will depend on whether or not players are still playing or gone up to seniors..

big year set for missailidis and drummond down at mernda, also johnston to step up and lead from the middle

ring will lead watsonia

who does whittlesea and macleod have left from there dominating teamz last year?

apparently there was a massive amount of players that left sth morang mostly going to thomastown

look out for hopper down at st marys

who knows who'll be in the bundoora side, apparently could be constantly changing

watch out for jesse deas at epping if his playing

does anyone have any info on diamo, keon park, ressa and yarrambat/montmorency? and whether they have a team or not? saw a fixture which included them all..

I think your underating Lower Plenty and Diamond Creek and overating Bundoora, isnt Bundoora a 2nd team ?? surely there best players will all be div 1, would think they'd be bottom 4 if thats the case.

From lower, look out for Ben Flannagan and Recee Geary. Geary been missing for 2 years after consecutive knee reco's but is looking good.

Macloed
Whittelsea
Lower Plenty
Diamond Creek
South Morang
Epping
Mernda
Bundoora
Watsonia
St.Marys
Keon Park
Resevoir

Heard Yarrambat/Montmorency has folded

how is geary going? use to be good matez wit him at school.. heard last year he was missing wit the knee.. he got it all sorted out now or still bothering him a bit?

Noticed that in the fixture on the NFL website that South Morang is missing from the under 19s ????? Don't they have a 19s team this year?? Made preliminary final last year. i know they have lost some players, But that many!

Noticed that in the fixture on the NFL website that South Morang is missing from the under 19s ????? Don't they have a 19s team this year?? Made preliminary final last year. i know they have lost some players, But that many!

spoke to a mate from sth morang, he said they were jst having enough numberz to fill a reserve side as well as seniorz so dnt hav a 19z this year.. bit of a let down after last yearz prelim final, however a lot of there younger playerz moved to thomastown to play div 1 and with matez..

how is geary going? use to be good matez wit him at school.. heard last year he was missing wit the knee.. he got it all sorted out now or still bothering him a bit?

From what I have heard he is flying, big pre season and knee troubles are well and truly behind him. Will be a star this year along with Nathan Cadee, I think he missed most of last year with an injury, he is a dead set gun.

From what I have heard he is flying, big pre season and knee troubles are well and truly behind him. Will be a star this year along with Nathan Cadee, I think he missed most of last year with an injury, he is a dead set gun.

Yeah Geary is going well and Cadee is on fire. Played first comeback game on the weekend and played well i hear.

Lower have many young players coming through and not many u19's went up only a 3 or 4. They have lost Joel there ruckmen to knights.

i dont know how the under 19's are going in both divisions however the thing i notice is that st marys defeated monty who are division 1 in a practice match on the weekend. now either that means monty are going to struggle or st marys will be in the mix.

from people around and people at monty including i hear these names of players from marys who can play the game:
minuz,ind,mitrovski tight on ball unit.
borg,guldon stocky backline
benson,millett,reynolds a mixture of leading tall and crumming forwards
apparently ruck stocks are not great but have a mixture of midsize ruckman and available midfielders.

from the weekends game i hear it was minuz,ind,pavey and hopper who lead from the front.

i dont know how the under 19's are going in both divisions however the thing i notice is that st marys defeated monty who are division 1 in a practice match on the weekend. now either that means monty are going to struggle or st marys will be in the mix.

from people around and people at monty including i hear these names of players from marys who can play the game:
minuz,ind,mitrovski tight on ball unit.
borg,guldon stocky backline
benson,millett,reynolds a mixture of leading tall and crumming forwards
apparently ruck stocks are not great but have a mixture of midsize ruckman and available midfielders.

from the weekends game i hear it was minuz,ind,pavey and hopper who lead from the front.

As I said in another post. Monty I think would have been fielding a pretty weak side for St.Marys to win, they have a lot of players down there so Im not sure how they ran the 2 sides but I couldn't see St.Marys beating a near full strength Monty. Also St.Marys will seriously struggle aganist the sides with older bodies. The age has been dropped back again so there are some 20 year olds running around, St.Marys will physically be smashed around the ball. I would think they would find that the biggest hurdle having not many top age kids.

ring will lead watsonia
Agreed. The bloke really stood up last year, everyone has been really impressed with the improvement in his game over the last few years. Expecting a big year from him this year.

Heard they have signed alot of good players from Bundoora Colts side from last year. Should be a boost for their year.

Was looking through the Clearences today, Morang have lost ALOT of players indeed. Mostly their "better" players have taken off to Coburg Districts or other local clubs, alot of phone calls were made over the summer-break I'm guessing as a few of my mates got a call from the coach. Will look to their remaining players and players from their under 17's side to keep the boat afloat.

Heard a whisper Joel requested a clearence to Monty and was knocked back?

Yarrambat/Monty are out for good, Ressa look it too. Unsure of Keon Park but the Creekers havn't had trouble in the past with numbers.

My Predictions
Lower Plenty
Whittlesea
Macleod
Bundoora
Watsonia
Diamond Creek
Mernda
Epping
Keon Park
St Marys
Reservoir

Agreed. The bloke really stood up last year, everyone has been really impressed with the improvement in his game over the last few years. Expecting a big year from him this year.

Heard they have signed alot of good players from Bundoora Colts side from last year. Should be a boost for their year.

Was looking through the Clearences today, Morang have lost ALOT of players indeed. Mostly their "better" players have taken off to Coburg Districts or other local clubs, alot of phone calls were made over the summer-break I'm guessing as a few of my mates got a call from the coach. Will look to their remaining players and players from their under 17's side to keep the boat afloat.

Code:
Heard a whisper Joel requested a clearence to Monty and was knocked back?

Yarrambat/Monty are out for good, Ressa look it too. Unsure of Keon Park but the Creekers havn't had trouble in the past with numbers.

My Predictions
Lower Plenty
Whittlesea
Macleod
Bundoora
Watsonia
Diamond Creek
Mernda
Epping
Keon Park
St Marys
Reservoir

The League refused to acknowledge the clearance for Joel McLellan. Apparently was lodged not entirely in the spirit of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sprit of things? Can you explain a bit more please??

Also can someone please explain Monty and Yarrambat joining together??? Where is their home ground? What jumper do they wear? I think alot of Yarrambat would of gone to Bundoora.

Sprit of things? Can you explain a bit more please??

Also can someone please explain Monty and Yarrambat joining together??? Where is their home ground? What jumper do they wear? I think alot of Yarrambat would of gone to Bundoora.

I heard that the clearance was lodged by Mont without the neccessary approval (allegedly) of the player, or something to that effect.

heard yarrambat/montmorency did fold.. and how many of u actually rate mclellan? when we played against him he was just big and alwayz had playerz half his size on him.. he didnt really prove himself much.. itz easy to win the ruck when ur that tall..

heard yarrambat/montmorency did fold.. and how many of u actually rate mclellan? when we played against him he was just big and alwayz had playerz half his size on him.. he didnt really prove himself much.. itz easy to win the ruck when ur that tall..

I rate him as a player. Only played one season of footy and can take some big marks and win every tap because he is tall. Also for a tall player is quite good when the ball is on the ground. The only problem he faces is that he is skinny and can be push around. Yarrambat / monty folded does this mean that there will be no bye or will we hav two.

Just thought id give my predictions for the year..
-Whittlesea
-Macleod
-Diamond Creek
-Lower Plenty
-St Marys
-Mernda
-Epping
-Watsonia
-Keon Park
-Bundoora
-Reservoir

My opinion on Joel McLellan... Very over rated, only thing going for him is his height, might not be to bad if he could actually play the game..

who would be the top 10 players in div 2 this year? whittlesea is mostly bottom age from what i've been hearing.. most of last seasonz side all have gone up..

Yeah ringy has improved miles from when watsy got the 19's back few years ago!!! Though he has been given vice this yr!

Captain: Crawford
Vice: Ring
Dep Vice: Matt Perichon

my predictions going from the practise matches i have watched

my top 4 teams
Macleod
Diamond Creek
Lower Plenty
Whittlesea

Lower Plenty are looking very solid this season they have picked up a few young players and have got Geary back in the action he has been performing very well. Diamond creek are my pick this year after a disappointing 2008 they seem to have picked up a few St Marys players and a couple of others from different clubs who are looking very solid. Whittlesea should be strong once again due to the good young players comnig up from the 17s. St marys are going to struggle this season due to players leaving to other clubs,And Macleod should be very strong once again they are my tip for the flag.

Ive been around to a few of the practice matches and i think players to watch out for are Nathan Caddee,Phil Zumbo,Ben Flannagan and Nick Gray for lower plenty, They have showed strong performances in both of there practice games so far and i think Caddee will be pushing to get up for a senior game after some stand out games and Reece Geary has also been given the chance to have a go in the ones after solid performances. Heath George,Patrick Franzini and Jessie Donaldson from Diamond Creek seem to be going very well and a couple of them will be pushing to play round one in the seniors, And also Ring from Watsonia seems to shaping up for a strong season.

my predictions going from the practise matches i have watched

my top 4 teams
Macleod
Diamond Creek
Lower Plenty
Whittlesea

Lower Plenty are looking very solid this season they have picked up a few young players and have got Geary back in the action he has been performing very well. Diamond creek are my pick this year after a disappointing 2008 they seem to have picked up a few St Marys players and a couple of others from different clubs who are looking very solid. Whittlesea should be strong once again due to the good young players comnig up from the 17s. St marys are going to struggle this season due to players leaving to other clubs,And Macleod should be very strong once again they are my tip for the flag.

Ive been around to a few of the practice matches and i think players to watch out for are Nathan Caddee,Phil Zumbo,Ben Flannagan and Nick Gray for lower plenty, They have showed strong performances in both of there practice games so far and i think Caddee will be pushing to get up for a senior game after some stand out games and Reece Geary has also been given the chance to have a go in the ones after solid performances. Heath George,Patrick Franzini and Jessie Donaldson from Diamond Creek seem to be going very well and a couple of them will be pushing to play round one in the seniors, And also Ring from Watsonia seems to shaping up for a strong season.

Lower Plenty are going to be a serious threat. Would almost have them starting favorites if there group stays together.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Under 19s Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back