2010/11 Champions League thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Another CB who has to be considered is Woodgate, where does he fit into the scheme of things now. I think King will continue to be used as a occasioanl big game player from the bench, he wont be playing bulk games. I think Dawson is the undisputed leading CB at the club, certainly going forward. Who partners him when King doesn't play for next season, Woodgate, Gallas or Kaboul.

why did you even put Kaboul in the equation?
Woodgate will probably break a fingernail in training. It will get infected and he will miss the next 6 months.

And then we end up in the same situation we have had all season long. Gallas as first choice.

Considering Milan would probably be behind 7-9 English teams if they were in the EPL they have done well not to concede more away goals to Tottenham. Good defensive display. If they park the bus and get 1 away goal they might make it through on penalties. Not bad for a pretty poor list of talent. Tottenham have the better soccer talent and should be expected to kick a few goals every game, the fact they only allowed them to kick one was a good effort on the part of the Milano defence.

Considering Milan would probably be behind 7-9 English teams if they were in the EPL they have done well not to concede more away goals to Tottenham. Good defensive display. If they park the bus and get 1 away goal they might make it through on penalties. Not bad for a pretty poor list of talent. Tottenham have the better soccer talent and should be expected to kick a few goals every game, the fact they only allowed them to kick one was a good effort on the part of the Milano defence.

Good to see a rational spurs fan :thumbsu:

Another CB who has to be considered is Woodgate, where does he fit into the scheme of things now. I think King will continue to be used as a occasioanl big game player from the bench, he wont be playing bulk games. I think Dawson is the undisputed leading CB at the club, certainly going forward. Who partners him when King doesn't play for next season, Woodgate, Gallas or Kaboul.

My radical* plan would be to try and mould Kaboul into a striker. Hes got good feet and he loves to attack; two characteristics you don't often associate with a CB.

*key word here.

Tottenham Hotspur. :eek:

Gattuso :eek::eek:

I bet Gattuso was stunned after he headbutted the Spurs AC and he didn't fall to the ground and act like he'd just received third degree burns AND been shot several times. :D

Reads like an American newspaper article on an MLS game!! :thumbsu: Needs moar goaltender though!!

Was very happy with that result. Everybody said we weren't going to win, and we did. No gloating yet, one more leg to go and I know Tottenham well, we are the masters of stuffing up when we are doing well.

COYS! Lets go for the jugular!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like it's almost confirmed. Bundesliga has overtaken Serie A permanently now.

pretty much, bayern would slay just about any team in serie a(if arjen robbenr and frank ribery were good to go)

plus i think shalke would be able to beat every team in italy bar milan, inter and napoli

Gattuso is a borderline psychotic, everybody knows that. But is there going to be some sort of sanction on Jordan for his part in it? He knows how crazy Gatts gets and he was already worked up, was Jordan trolling him to get him to snap?

He was standing a foot from him yelling God knows what at him and Gattuso headbutted him. Was this a ploy to get him suspended for the return leg? Should an opposition manager have the right to have a slanging match with a player, before, during or after a game?

Player on player, no problem. Manager on manager, no problem. Manager on player, big problem.

Gattuso is a borderline psychotic, everybody knows that. But is there going to be some sort of sanction on Jordan for his part in it? He knows how crazy Gatts gets and he was already worked up, was Jordan trolling him to get him to snap?

He was standing a foot from him yelling God knows what at him and Gattuso headbutted him. Was this a ploy to get him suspended for the return leg? Should an opposition manager have the right to have a slanging match with a player, before, during or after a game?

Player on player, no problem. Manager on manager, no problem. Manager on player, big problem.
Jordan is allowed to stand still.
He did nothing wrong and without doing anything stood up for himself.

And Gattuso, I'm pretty sure was already suspended for the return leg at that point? (could be wrong)

Jordan is allowed to stand still.
He did nothing wrong and without doing anything stood up for himself.

And Gattuso, I'm pretty sure was already suspended for the return leg at that point? (could be wrong)
He is also allowed to walk away. He chose to stand there and inflame an already volatile situation. What he got, he brought upon himself, no matter how stupid it was from Gattuso. Didn't do anything? I think yelling at an already worked up Gattuso is doing quite enough to get a response such as he got.

Second half was pretty much all Milan.

And you still couldnt score. You will be totally bossed at the lane.

Serious question, did Zelko Kalac walk into the SBS studio's straight off the Count Dracula set? I was genuinely scared whenever he popped up on the screen.

Looked like a dead man as he was so cut by milan losing:thumbsu:

Reads like an American newspaper article on an MLS game!! :thumbsu: Needs moar goaltender though!!

Needed more clutch plays from lennon down the stretch imo.

He is also allowed to walk away. He chose to stand there and inflame an already volatile situation. What he got, he brought upon himself, no matter how stupid it was from Gattuso. Didn't do anything? I think yelling at an already worked up Gattuso is doing quite enough to get a response such as he got.

Why the **** would you walk away and look like a pussy? If that **** gattuso is having a go at you he had every right to stand his ground and give some back.

What your saying seems like a manager cant say shit at a player, but the player can do what ever the **** he wants to the manager/coaching staff.

hmmm ... Pep playing mindgames. "I'm afraid of how Arsenal play" "I really hope Nasri plays" "Arsenal will complicate things". Even Pedro saying similar things. Usually never talks to the media.

At least I don't have read the usual drivel that Bendtner spins to the media. **** that is irritating.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010/11 Champions League thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back