tim_saints

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2008
Wonga Park
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles - MUFC
After a hard fought 1st half and a Nick Riewoldt inspired 3rd term the Saints did it and are now one step closer to what we know as redemption.
What looks to be set as a fantastic game the saints will take on the ones we hate to......hate? the Pies next saturday.

Let's hope for perfect conditions next weekend so it makes for one of the greats.

Discussion BEGIN!

GO SAINTS

2: The base factor by which the years since flags is divisible currently (44)
2: The aggregate of wins to losses vs Collingwood in finals (6-3)
2: The number of times we've made consecutive GF's (1965-66 / 2009-10)
2: The number of flags we will be aiming for.
2: Times we will have faced Collingwood in a GF
2: Times the Pies have been top of the table in the year after the first appearance ('66 / '10)
2: Times we've faced the previous years winner in the finals series (Essendon '65 premiers, '66 Prelim / Cats '09 Premiers, '10 Qualifying)
1: Flag we have.
1: Win against Collingwood in a GF by a...
1: Point margin
1: The base factor by which the years since flags is divisible currently if you want to be a prick. :p (44)

Also take not of the year; 2010

Stars are aligning people, the alignment of Venus to Neptune shows that the numbers 2 and 1 are significant! As such, Collingwood will lose by a factor of 2 or 1. :D

2: The base factor by which the years since flags is divisible currently (44)
2: The aggregate of wins to losses vs Collingwood in finals (6-3)
2: The number of times we've made consecutive GF's (1965-66 / 2009-10)
2: The number of flags we will be aiming for.
2: Times we will have faced Collingwood in a GF
2: Times the Pies have been top of the table in the year after the first appearance ('66 / '10)
2: Times we've faced the previous years winner in the finals series (Essendon '65 premiers, '66 Prelim / Cats '09 Premiers, '10 Qualifying)
1: Flag we have.
1: Win against Collingwood in a GF by a...
1: Point margin
1: The base factor by which the years since flags is divisible currently if you want to be a prick. :p (44)

Also take not of the year; 2010

Stars are aligning people, the alignment of Venus to Neptune shows that the numbers 2 and 1 are significant! As such, Collingwood will lose by a factor of 2 or 1. :D
Pretty impressive stuff there StFly the whole saints army and rest of the nation I think hope you're right :thumbsu:.

On the collingwood board and a supporter posted that the forecast is apparently Sunny-Mild-Dry MAX temp 23 for saturday let's hope for that I say.

On the collingwood board and a supporter posted that the forecast is apparently Sunny-Mild-Dry MAX temp 23 for saturday let's hope for that I say.

Yep, lets hope so. If you hear some gooses that know very little they reckon we love a scrap therefore wet suits but as we saw against Cats it doesnt suit our fine pinpoint and control style when we have the ball=dry and 23 good:thumbsu:

Question, do we have to wear the away Guernsey? Pretty sure one side would have to both having black on the back and a white number.... I think i heard its done by a toss of the coin.. not sure if thats right?

Question, do we have to wear the away Guernsey? Pretty sure one side would have to both having black on the back and a white number.... I think i heard its done by a toss of the coin.. not sure if thats right?
We may have to I'd say I couldn't see collingwood being told you have to wear the away guernsey, the fuss that would kick up would be ridiculous.

Guys, like many of you I am in desperate need of some Granny tickets.

Anywhere between 2-6 tickets would be ideal.

Absolutely keen to negotiate a price.

If you PM me we can work out a deal....

Thanks so much in advance!

I would prefer it coming from official sources...

Forecast for Saturday

Partly cloudy. Isolated showers. Light winds.
City
Shower or two.
Min
Max

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

But I think we have a bigger problem.... you take stuff from Collinwood Board as gospel :p

I would prefer it coming from official sources...

Forecast for Saturday

Partly cloudy. Isolated showers. Light winds.
City
Shower or two.
Min
Max

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

But I think we have a bigger problem.... you take stuff from Collinwood Board as gospel :p

Haha pricks...
I find the funny thing here now that I know I'm probably wrong is that he was serious :eek:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the recovery session is on at 10.45am this morning I think Joey should get himself off Gameday (still on at 10.30am) and join his team-mates down the Nepean Hwy.

This question has been on mind in anticipation of a gf against the Pies for a few weeks now.

They finished on top so the rules say we must wear our clash strip. Like we did against them in Round 16.

Absolutely delighted we made it after all the distractions that have gone on this year!

JUST ONE MORE WIN NOW :)

We'll be underdogs, but our record against the other top teams in the past couple of years is superb (only 1 loss against Geelong & Collingwood) and hopefully the memories of last year can drive our boys on to go one better on Saturday.

I'm super excited and nervous - this is going to be a very long week!

A few thoughts after the prelims.

If we start like we did against the Dogs we may seriously never make it back. I'm hoping it was the week off, but we looked very sloppy and Collingwood would have been 40 points up at half time. That said our 3rd quarter was devastating, just about the best footy we've played 08-10 and the sort of stuff that could win us the game next week.

Secondly, everyone's all over Collingwood after giving thrashing Geelong, trying to point it out as a transition into a new era, end of Geelong's dominance and beginning of Collingwood's. Pies fans will correctly point out that they made Geelong look equally bad in round 19, just kicked inaccurately. I'd point our that they also made Geelong look equally stupid in the middle of 2008. Not only that in the exact same way, their tackling pressure was insane, game over before half time, Cloke have a rare dominant game. And how did that work out for them? It's understandable that after embarrassing one of the most dominant line ups ever people are bound to go crazy, but thrashing the Cats does not necessarily mean you're in unstoppable form and I wouldn't read that much into it.

A few thoughts after the prelims.

If we start like we did against the Dogs we may seriously never make it back. I'm hoping it was the week off, but we looked very sloppy and Collingwood would have been 40 points up at half time. That said our 3rd quarter was devastating, just about the best footy we've played 08-10 and the sort of stuff that could win us the game next week.

Secondly, everyone's all over Collingwood after giving thrashing Geelong, trying to point it out as a transition into a new era, end of Geelong's dominance and beginning of Collingwood's. Pies fans will correctly point out that they made Geelong look equally bad in round 19, just kicked inaccurately. I'd point our that they also made Geelong look equally stupid in the middle of 2008. Not only that in the exact same way, their tackling pressure was insane, game over before half time, Cloke have a rare dominant game. And how did that work out for them? It's understandable that after embarrassing one of the most dominant line ups ever people are bound to go crazy, but thrashing the Cats does not necessarily mean you're in unstoppable form and I wouldn't read that much into it.

I thought they (pies) were pretty impressive. I hope Ross has got the team convinced they can win, because I was a lot more convinced last year.
A lot will have to go right for us.

I thought they (pies) were pretty impressive. I hope Ross has got the team convinced they can win, because I was a lot more convinced last year.
A lot will have to go right for us.
Definitely, Collingwood are deserving favourites and more will have to go right for us than them for us to win. But I just reckon the nature of their prelim win has everyone convinced they'll in unstoppable form. They were very impressive but to me it's not that clear cut.

This is what I have believed all year, that this whole year we have had an eye only for the GF. Everything we have done has been preparation for this. When everyone wrote us off I wasn't worried I had belief in what this group was doing. The reason is last year we arguably had the best year of any side ever to not win a flag. We were the best side in the home and away season and came so close to a flag.

Our year last year was better than what the Pies have done this year. And who have we lost? Raph Clarke replaced with a better Jimmy Gwilt and Bakes who is a loss but Eddy is having a red hot crack. We have Grand Final experience now and we are hungry and anyone who thinks our ability to step up wont be the same as it was last year, will have another thing coming.

COME ON SAINTS!!!!!

I'm not overly concerned TBH, Pies can have all the media, all the favouritism and all the focus, more power to them.

Means didly squat on the day, and on the day our boys should be going hammer and tongs at any situation, contested or otherwise, who ultimately gives a stuff who we're playing? All I see are 22 blokes who want to try and stop us.

People easily forget that St.Kilda were a more dominant team last year than Collingwood were this year. 2009 St. Kilda 80 premiership points 155.71% 2010 Collingwood 70 premiership points 141.68%.
Like Geelong last year, Saints have realised you don't have belt teams and finish top to win the flag, it all comes down to how the teams perform on the day. I doubt Saints will allow Collingwood the latitude Geelong did.

I'm not overly concerned TBH, Pies can have all the media, all the favouritism and all the focus, more power to them.

Means didly squat on the day, and on the day our boys should be going hammer and tongs at any situation, contested or otherwise, who ultimately gives a stuff who we're playing? All I see are 22 blokes who want to try and stop us.
I agree, you can almost throw away the the form book for the whole year when it comes to GF day

I like our underdog status & the fact that the Pies will be going into the game as odds on favourites. In fact I reckon the Pies will be way over confident.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 AFL Grand Final St Kilda vs Collingwood 25/9/2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back