2010 AFL Grand Final St Kilda vs Collingwood 25/9/2010

Remove this Banner Ad

What a game!!!!!!!

Lenny Hayes was unbelievable. When the ball needed to be one at a stoppage it was Lenny who imposed his will on the game. (When collingwood needed a similar effort Luke Ball was found wanting)

Goddard seemed every where...Rooey just kept going...Farren Ray's effort on Swan...Even Milne who I neither rated nor liked won me over. The list could go on.

Saints had a much better B plan and when the tide turned toward the Saints Malthouse and Pies had no answer. 4 Quarters of that in the replay and the Saints will definitely go marching in. Well done saints. Job's not over.

Saints by 17 next week

It will be great if we win, getting to watch the grand finals combined always. Will be epic and wont feel as annoyed as I do now about letting slip what would have been a fairytale win.

If we lose next week, we will always think back to the dying minutes of the game yesterday and think what could have been.

I'm sure a few of the the players would have some regrets they didn't take some of their opportunities towards the end and hopefully it spurs them on to win next week so those regrets don't come back to haunt them.

I thought it was the greatest gf ive ever seen. Did anyone get a good view of Milnes point? I was sitting at the other end. Did he have a chance to kick the goal or did it bounce too far away?

Anyway he can hold his head high and proud of the game he played. I luv ya Milney, you always were and always will be a champion in my books.

I thought it was the greatest gf ive ever seen. Did anyone get a good view of Milnes point? I was sitting at the other end. Did he have a chance to kick the goal or did it bounce too far away?

Anyway he can hold his head high and proud of the game he played. I luv ya Milney, you always were and always will be a champion in my books.

IMO it just bounced wrong and too high for him. After it had bounced, and he realised it was heading away from goal, it may have been theoretically possible for Milne to do a backflip and kick it through while he was upside down, but its a bit much to expect even for him. Look at the bright side, he could have tried something and mucked it up and cost us the point.:D

Milney just copped a dud bounce, not much more he could have done. If the ball sat up normally he probably would have kicked the winner but of course the bastard had to take a right turn and go through for a point.

No such thing as an easy Saints premiership, we will have to do it the hard way next week if we are to win. Will make it all the sweeter if we get up though, will probably go down as the most epic premiership win in history.

I thought Goddard and Hayes were pretty epic in the 2nd half- really thought you blokes had it, and wish you all the best this coming week- it may sound crazy, but a saints win is really good for footy. Knock Em dead, please!

I did want to make one comment regarding your mids always looking for riewoldt. I know, because I barrack for a buddy conscious hawks, how this plays into the defensive gameplans of the opposition in a perhaps negative fashion- I thought there were a number of occasions where your boys could have opened the pies right up had you given an extra handball into the corridor to the player running by who was on his own, rather than kick long to roo. A couple of times this player was Jason gram- who would have had meters in front of him to run in and have a clear shot. I guess my question is: is this something you have noticed? If so, do you think it's something worth addressing before the replay? I just felt in the desperation to get forward, the easier shots were being overlooked.

Good luck this week! Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 AFL Grand Final St Kilda vs Collingwood 25/9/2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back