2010 - General Player Discussion

Barry Hall in your SC team??

• Absolutely. Bargain pick up of the year.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way. Will snap someone within the 1st month.

• No. Will be out too many games this year.

• Not a great SC option in the first place.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pendles!

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
He has the potential to post massive scores, but are his injuries going to stop him. I have read on here somewhere that he hasnt played more than 15 games in any of the last 4-5 years. Is it worth having him at the start of the year and hoping he averages 100-110 and goes up in value and then selling him when he gets injured. Or should people just stay away from him completely?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Josh Drummond

Not touching him either. I've made the mistake of picking these tempting, risky players in the past and got burnt. Besides i've got enough risks in my team, i dont need a $480k one :D

And yes, failed to play close to a full season since starting
2005 - 14 games
2006 - 7
2007 - 11
2008 - 13

But thats the name of the game, if you get him and he plays 22, he's likely to average 110+. High risk = high return in every sense.

eerrr?

in 2007 rodan and kosi were two great injury prone bargains at 150k.

but drummond. he's bloody 480k. For an extra 60-70 k you could have goddard.

Id only take him if i couldnt squeeze anyone else in. I mean, surely luck is gunna swing his way...right? Risky though!

saying he's 'likely to average 110+' if he plays 22 is a little optimistic. he played more games in 08 than he did in 07 but couldn't get anywhere near the SC scores of his breakout season.

the Port pair at his price are better value and less risky.

about the only bloke in the Lions backline with a decent kick so they will play through him, but expect a tag if he gets too much of it. Hardly likely to go into the midfield like p burgoyne etc.

Like him, but passing with confidence

Im gonna bite the bullet and take a risk on this 1. The alternatives are Bock and P burgoyne. Drummond has the greatest upside

I've got him in my team because he has the potential to post high scores and go up in value. Around that price there isn't really anyone else that gets my attention to stand out this season. I just hope he doesnt injure himself again.

I've got him in my team because he has the potential to post high scores and go up in value. Around that price there isn't really anyone else that gets my attention to stand out this season. I just hope he doesnt injure himself again.

lol, he is a selection you make knowing he's going to be injured. You just hope he goes up in price enough to upgrade to a reliable gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ive goy him in, not gonna win the 50k without taking risks :thumbsu:
if i keep taking risks in supercoach for the next 30 years im sure to have one really good year

I know he's risky, but i like him. had him in my team but got rid of him for Goddard. Now I'm thinking of getting rid of Mcleod for him - what do people think? Alternately, I could trade Brad Johnson out of my forwards for a rookie and use the cash to upgrade Malceski to Drummond and do a few other things...what do you people think?

hmmm, McLeod was one of THE sc guns for many years and seemed to be back to his best for the last couple of rounds after that knee clean-out late last season...his pre-season has been a little underwhelming though

hmmm, McLeod was one of THE sc guns for many years and seemed to be back to his best for the last couple of rounds after that knee clean-out late last season...his pre-season has been a little underwhelming though

McLeod is one of the greats, but he is on the down for fantasy football.

He will still be of great services for the AFC this year, but his fantasy days are done

Ive been on Drummond since i selected my 1st team 50 days ago, and he is still here now. He is high risk, but the rewards are juicy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back