Discussion 2024 General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Scoops lost
Stumbling around in the wrong thread.
Poor Scoops, go to bed.
A full hour off Scoopscrusher‘s pace, too.
Day late, dollar short, the world has passed Scoops by.
No coming back from here.
#s#standbyscoopsIMG alt="disappointed the sandlot GIF"]

Wondering what's the situation if a player gives a "hospital" kick or handball to a team-mate?

Is it counted as an effective disposal or ineffective or a clanger?
As I understand ....it's decision based ....was the mistake the fault of the kicker or receiver

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is starting to get quite now.
Happening sooner now. Teams are so similar, it's hard to make a late push and come home strong. People ranked poorly and out of finals contention, who are also running very low on trades, just see no hope.

What I'd like to see next season:

1. Trades reduced, down to somewhere between 30 and 35:
40 is just too many. With 30-35, players are forced to be a little more conservative (5 trade boosts can remain)

2. Player ownership is locked until after the first round is complete:
This will change starting sides sooooooooooo much. Yes there will be groupthink from SC communities/boards/podcasts, but it's better than the current situation, which is: "I can't not start X because his ownership is too high", or, "I really want to start X, but he's a POD and PODs rarely work out".
Now this may cause issues with last minute teams needing to pick rookies, so perhaps make only players priced under $250k visible. This will actually require a couple lines of code, so not sure they have the IT budget for that...
This is what I imagine the backend of SC looks like:
1720261116890.png

3. "justice" perk:
You want to make this game more appealing to a wider audience? Stop increasing trades, instead, remove some of the bad luck. Have a perk that automatically takes the higher E score, if you have a lower score on-field.
Now this perk needs to be activated at the start of the round to be used. If it's not used, you get it back. This will remove some bad luck of copping a hard tag or early injury, plus it will add some feel-good factor (imagine rookie lotto screws you, 100 on the bench, 20 on field).
So if it's active, it takes the biggest scoring difference between on-field and E. For example:
D6 scores 43; D7 (E) scores 105, difference is 62 pts
M8 scores 32; M9 (E) scores 98, difference is 66 pts
F6 scores 52, F7 (E) scores 82, difference is 30 pts
The perk will be consumed, it will take your M9 score and bench your M8, as it's the biggest scoring difference
How many do you get? No clue. Maybe 3, maybe 5? Not sure.
So WHEN to activate this perk becomes part of the strategy. Do you use it at the start to help with rookie lotto? Do you save it for rounds where you know a few of your premos likely will be tagged? Do you save it for SC Finals?

4. Change to scoring system:
Increase base points for a goal and behind. A mark, kick, behind is scored way too harshly. Obviously if it's a shocking miss from 20m out, directly in front, you can score harshly, but a hard kick on an angle from 40 shouldn't be punished.
Reduce points for play-on kick-ins. Obviously if it's a great kick that launches 60m down the middle and sets up a goal they can go back and scale the kick-in taker. But if it's a cheap chip-kick, just give 1 or 2 points.

Thoughts? Would you change what I suggested? Any other changes you would like to see?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back