2010 Soccer World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm liking Spain at $2.05, I think there's value in that. I reckon they have too much quality up front for Portugal who's gameplan basically revolves around passing to Ronaldo who hogs the ball, tries to make himself look good, shoots from long range and sprays them instead of setting up teammates. They looked great against North Korea but then couldn't even trouble Brazil's B team.

Also Spain HT/FT at $3.00 is nice and over 2.5 goals at $2.40. If Portugal manage to score 1, Spain will score 2 or 3 IMO.

As for the other match, well I'm not so sure. Paraguay go in favourites but Honda has been lethal from free kicks. I'll think about that one.

I'm liking Spain at $2.05, I think there's value in that. I reckon they have too much quality up front for Portugal who's gameplan basically revolves around passing to Ronaldo who hogs the ball, tries to make himself look good, shoots from long range and sprays them instead of setting up teammates. They looked great against North Korea but then couldn't even trouble Brazil's B team.

Also Spain HT/FT at $3.00 is nice and over 2.5 goals at $2.40. If Portugal manage to score 1, Spain will score 2 or 3 IMO.

As for the other match, well I'm not so sure. Paraguay go in favourites but Honda has been lethal from free kicks. I'll think about that one.
Portugal's defence is pretty solid, they've got something like 13 clean sheets in their last 15 games. Granted, some of the teams they were against in those games aren't the same quality as Spain, they did manage to hold off Brazil for a half before the game went to shit. Theres also news that Xavi Alonso may be out with an ankle but I've heard differing opinions on his impact on Spain's midfield.

Given the above, and my uncertainty about this game, I think I'll just leave it well alone. Good luck to you though mate :thumbsu:

Spain/Portugal is an interesting one, Portugal's defense is pretty stingy, haven't conceded a goal in 3 games, but have only scored in 1 of them (7-0 thrashing of North Korea)

In saying that, Spain are QUALITY, I'm on them to Qualify, not to win the match.
& Portugal under 1.5 goals.

2-0 to Brazil would have won me more money last night, but i'll take any profit at this stage haha.

Tonight I have gone for ...

Japan and Spain to qualify for the next stage @ $3.68.
Spain vs Portugal to have more than 2.5 goals in it @ $2.40.
Spain to win in normal time @ $2.05.

I am also on Tiago to be Portugal's top scorer for the tournament, so Spain to win to nil would be great.

COME ON SPAIN!

i think it will be a tight game, can't see too many goals as portugal don't give much away. even if alonso is out, fabregas should slip nicely into that midfield role. for me, spain to qualify but you never know at this world cup. i'm staying clear of this game and just going to enjoy it for the massive game that it is.

I am on Spain to win. Portugal are an ok side but not in the class of Spain, they haven't conceded yet but have only managed to score against North Korea. While at the other end Villa looks unstoppable.

Also on the OVER 2.5 goals in Japan vs Paraguay, a free kick or two from Japan will do nicely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paraguay/Draw at the end of normal time for me, @ $1.24. It's short, but I'm stuck having to turn over money on TAB Sportsbet and it's the only option I like that is actually decent odds compared with the better sites (ie. any other site :p).

just me or under 55 booking points on sportingbet @ 2.00 good value?

Spain hasn't had 1 yellow against them so far.

Portugal has 5/11 players in the starting eleven already with a yellow.

I know its round of 16 now but portugal won't want to risk half there players and spain will go hard but also try avoid getting many yellows.

I might have a punt at this. Any views?

Gone the opposite mate.
Huge game and huge rivarly of course, both teams gonna be diving in i think. Add to that Ronaldo will most likely get a card for simulation. Over 50.5 at 2.05 at Centrebet for me.

Japan/Paraguay game cost me, I was hoping for atleast one team to win... 2 Multis with Spain/Japan - Spain/Paraguay.. Had a gut feeling that it would draw before I headed to sleep... Very annoying..

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Soccer World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back