Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, your still going at it Ablett09? Funny thing is that you read only what you want to read and as such crap comes out of your mouth onto BF. Once again I'll re-quote myself:
Umm... not wrong? This IS AUSSIE GUNS opinion since he is the OP and this is about HIS, and let me say that again... H.I.S PERSONAL opinion of the Top 50 players since he is the starter of this thread.

And once again you contradict yourself. This thread isn't about discussing the 2010 Top 50 best players, its about discussing AUSSIE GUNS choices. I seriously think, even after the many people who have said this before, you still can't get that into your head. Its AUSSIE GUNS OPINION, not the opinion of other people, its AUSSIE GUNS OPINION... let me say that one more time... AUSSIE GUN = OP = HIS OPINION on TOP 50. I doubt you will understand...

Answer that will ya. He doesn't need to give a stuff about who is the greatest player in some peoples opinion, it doesn't matter since its a personal opinion by AUSSIE GUN, not by Mark Sheidy, James Hird or from you Ablett09. You may not think its right, but the truth is, it is since its AUSSIE GUNS opinion, not anyone elses.

Wow, your still going at it Ablett09? Funny thing is that you read only what you want to read and as such crap comes out of your mouth onto BF. Once again I'll re-quote myself:

Answer that will ya. He doesn't need to give a stuff about who is the greatest player in some peoples opinion, it doesn't matter since its a personal opinion by AUSSIE GUN, not by Mark Sheidy, James Hird or from you Ablett09. You may not think its right, but the truth is, it is since its AUSSIE GUNS opinion, not anyone elses.

if aussie guns opinion is that hdoge and goddard are ahead of ablett, thats fine but the fact is ablett is the best.Its not an opinion its a fact.

sorry but aussie gun has never played the game and neither have you or I and we dont get paid to give uor opinionso they mean nothing.we only give them as a way of discussing footy topics ,in this case the topic is the top 50 players

so who is the best player in the comp ?

based on aussie guns opinion? hodge
based on facts? ablett

aussie gun and a few others on this site just dont know what to look for when it comes to evaluating players, does aussie gun or yoursefl go and wathc a great side play every week ? i do

based on aussie guns opinion? hodge
based on facts? ablett
There are no facts.

aussie gun and a few others on this site just dont know what to look for when it comes to evaluating players, does aussie gun or yoursefl go and wathc a great side play every week ? i do
That doesn't prove anything.

There are no facts.

That doesn't prove anything.

aussie gun 1 questions i have asked that i dont beelive you have answerd.

is this top 50 list about who has been the best player and plays the highest quality of football or isit about who is the most valuable and influantial players this year ?

if this is a top 50 list based who is the most valuable and influantial player in the comp than I would also have hodge and goddard at 1 and 2.Perhaps sandilands and chapman should also be ahead of ablett

All of the above.

you really shoudnt do that because they are two seperate things .

ablett is the best player but not the most influetial ? why ?

because of geelongs amazing depth of talent , no matter how well ablett plays he is always just 1 of 12 or more players that played a very good game.At st kilda and hawthorn they tand to have no more than 5 or 6 players that play a very good game which means that when hodge and goddard play well even if its not as good as ablett thet are 1 of at the most 6 which makes them more valuable.

basicly although ablett has been better than hodge , about 15 players need to share the credit for geelongs performance where as at hawthorn only 5 players deserve to share the credit fort he hawks succuss.

how many hawk players would get a game at geelong if everyone is fit

hodge,mitchell,riloi,franklin

saints
goddard,riewoldlt,hayes,montagna,gilbert

you really shoudnt do that because they are two seperate things .

ablett is the best player but not the most influetial ? why ?

because of geelongs amazing depth of talent , no matter how well ablett plays he is always just 1 of 12 or more players that played a very good game.At st kilda and hawthorn they tand to have no more than 5 or 6 players that play a very good game which means that when hodge and goddard play well even if its not as good as ablett thet are 1 of at the most 6 which makes them more valuable.

basicly although ablett has been better than hodge , about 15 players need to share the credit for geelongs performance where as at hawthorn only 5 players deserve to share the credit fort he hawks succuss.

how many hawk players would get a game at geelong if everyone is fit

hodge,mitchell,riloi,franklin

saints
goddard,riewoldlt,hayes,montagna,gilbert

Milne > Stokes/Varcoe/Byrnes
Schneider might sneak ahead of 1 of them to ^
Fisher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Milburn
Gram > Wojo
Dal Santo > Kelly
Touch & go with Gardiner & Blake

Give up you idiot, Ablett is not #1 this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt but you can still consider both when putting the list together. As you said in your previous post, you would have guys like Sandilands and Pavlich ahead of Ablett for influence. So then taking his form into consideration on top of influence Ablett moves up to 3rd on my list.

No doubt but you can still consider both when putting the list together. As you said in your previous post, you would have guys like Sandilands and Pavlich ahead of Ablett for influence. So then taking his form into consideration on top of influence Ablett moves up to 3rd on my list.

the problem is they dont go together at all .

the basic reason why hodge and goddard are ahead of ablett in terms of value and influence is because they play for sides that are not as good, why would you take into account the ability of the side a player plays for when ranking players ?

the problem is they dont go together at all .

the basic reason why hodge and goddard are ahead of ablett in terms of value and influence is because they play for sides that are not as good, why would you take into account the ability of the side a player plays for when ranking players ?
You keep acting like Hodge and Goddard don't have ability.

ablett09, you're wrecking a perfectly good thread. For the sake of everybody, please stop.

i cant help it that i happen to support the team that the best player in the comp plays for.I agree this is a good thread but i think the OP has let himself down in a few areas .He struggle to provide much reasoning behind his selections and dosent seem to have any criteria at all that he uses to rank the players,It seems to be just a gut feeling

You keep acting like Hodge and Goddard don't have ability.

not at all , the point i am making is that they play for sides that arent as good .when st kilda or hawthorn win credit belongs to a smaller number of players than it does when geelong win.thats the probelm with your methedology, its set up perfect for a player from stkilda or hawthorn to be at the top .

they are top players for sure

He struggle to provide much reasoning behind his selections and dosent seem to have any criteria at all that he uses to rank the players,It seems to be just a gut feeling
I don't see the problem with that. No chance I am sitting down and watching a game of football with a checklist of criteria to rate players. I do gut feeling for all these types of threads I do. Brownlow, AA team, Top 50 etc.

Milne > Stokes/Varcoe/Byrnes
Schneider might sneak ahead of 1 of them to ^
Fisher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Milburn
Gram > Wojo
Dal Santo > Kelly
Touch & go with Gardiner & Blake

Give up you idiot, Ablett is not #1 this year

ithe only debatable won is dalsanto , I will give you dalsanto.

if you put dalsanto,riewoldt,hayes,goddard,gilbert and montagna in their wouldnt be room for any other saints players.all of the geelong players u just mentioned would already be out of the side

Fisher > Milburn
Gram > Wojo
Milne > Stokes
Dal Santo > Kelly
Hayes > Selwood
Montagna > Corey
Gilbert > Lonergan
Riewoldt > Mooney/Pods
Goddard > Mackie

Gardiner = Blake
Schneider = Varcoe
Baker = Hunt

Try Again..

i cant help it that i happen to support the team that the best player in the comp plays for.I agree this is a good thread but i think the OP has let himself down in a few areas .He struggle to provide much reasoning behind his selections and dosent seem to have any criteria at all that he uses to rank the players,It seems to be just a gut feeling

So here's an idea, since this is Aussie Gun's top 50 which he does a good job with, instead of hijacking the thread why don't you start your own top50 thread with Ablett at #1 and piss off posting in this one

Or just do a "Ablett is no.1 list". That will save you time. There you can give all the "facts" about how "most" or even "everyone" considers Ablett no. 1 this year.

Btw, is Gary Ablett jr. jr. as bald and shiny as Gaz's head?

You are a troll Ablett09 if you can't understand what I and others have been saying. THIS IS AUSSIE GUNS 'OPINION' 2010 TOP 50 THREAD AND AS SUCH HE CAN RATE ANY PLAYER HAS HE PLEASES USING ANY METHOD OF RATING AND REVIEWING SINCE ITS AUSSIE GUNS OPINION. <------ Come on, can't you get that into your head already?!?!?

Its an opinion mate, AUSSIE GUNS opinion and as such AUSSIE GUN can put whatever he likes in his list its his list and top 50. No-one gives a stuff if you don't like how AUSSIE GUN rates his list because; 1) The list is spot on and; 2) Once again, this is AUSSIE GUNS opinion of the top 50 each week and as such its just an opinon of one single person so its just a basic overall analysis.

You can argue all you like about why Ablett should be number one but in the end it doesn't matter since its AUSSIE GUNS OPINION and for some weird and screwed up reason you can't seem to comprehend that its an opinion of AUSSIE GUN which means anything can go. For all we know AUSSIE GUN could pull names out of a hat, people wouldn't agree but its AUSSIE GUNS OPINION and once again AUSSIE GUN can do whatever. I'll keep repeating that until you understand... ITS AUSSIE GUNS OPINION

Definition for an opinion is:
a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter

Please go away now and troll somewhere else. Go make a list yourself, sure many people would most definitely (from all the stupid posts you've made here) disagree with you but like I said before, I'd be YOUR OPINION on the matter and as such you can choose whoever you like.

Please for all of BF can you please get that into your skull.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back