Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

lol.

top50w.png

Been busy so it might be a bit rushed, so more input needed this week. Not many on the list played well this week. Watched WBD v MEL, ESS v PTA, FRE v BRI, GEE v SYD and CAR v STK. Tossing up between Kennedy and Selwood for the last spot.

totw.png

Shaw was far from awesome but I couldn't think of another flanker.

He is new to the list this week, so therefore he has not moved up or down in the top 50 list. Hence the N/A.

Good to see Gia and Kieran Jack make the list, they've both been awesome the last month.

Good call on Mal being so high, he has been wonderful this year. So happy with his resurgence as an elite rebounding HB. He has been one of our 5 or 6 best players in every game bar 1 (vs NM) so far.

Nice work AG, just a couple of notes about the Pies:

Pendles wasn't great this week, is surprising he was +7 (he wasn't bad though I guess). Didak has been better than him throughout the year consistently IMO.
Shaw is a top 50 candidate I think, would have him AA at this stage & is ahead of O'Brien who has slowed down a bit in recent weeks..
Ball would have to be close to being an unlucky with Sidebottom etc..
Good stuff as always

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Russell and Didak are fairly high because they were just on the edge of the top 50 last week. Both put in near BOG performances so they jump up a fair bit. Still fairly early in the season so there will be some big movements until the list starts to become fairly settled around the halfway point.

Pendles wasn't great this week, is surprising he was +7 (he wasn't bad though I guess).
The movements aren't always a direct result of the individual performance. Pendlebury went up a fair bit because guys like Goodes, Duffield, Drummond, Salopek etc all fell a lot. So he went up because others were worse.

Didak has been better than him throughout the year consistently IMO.
I'll put him ahead.

Shaw is a top 50 candidate I think, would have him AA at this stage & is ahead of O'Brien who has slowed down a bit in recent weeks..
Shaw and Kennedy were the two I was tossing up with Selwood for the last spot.

Ball would have to be close to being an unlucky with Sidebottom etc..
I'll add him.

Good list AG... i wanna say "about time" re Russell... he hasn't put one foot wrong this year... and considering Joel Selwood had probably his first really good game for the year... I think Russell is way overdue...

I thought that Jamo should atleast be considered "unlucky"... he hasn't been beaten once... has been nothing short of fabulous... the reason he rarely gets noticed is because he is so successful at shutting down his opponent... so the opposition never go to his opponent...

Other than that... very suprised that Bradshaw is out... yes he had a poor game... against the best Full Back in the league... but in the 7 games so far... he's been among the best 7 players...

top50.png

Watched FRE v COL, WBD v SYD, BRI v GEE, RICH v HAW and listened to ESS v STK on radio. Watched a bit of MEL v WCE as well after I realised Sydney were gone.

As always, I've probably missed a couple of unluckies or overrated someone so advice would be appreciated.

Cannot see how you could not improve Cooney's ranking based on his latest showing. His work in and around the clearances against Sydney was the catalyst in the Bulldogs drawing away in the 2nd & 3rd quarters.

James McDonald higher than Cooney... you are kidding!!

crying_baby.jpg

Good stuff AG.
Hopefully Wellingham can regain his spot this week and maintain his position in your 50. Has been on free fall due to his injury.
Didak's probably being slightly underrated. Averaging about 24 touches a game and has kicked 15 goals. Not sure that Thomas has actually been our best player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back