2010 Trading and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Where in the rules is this stipulated?

I've seen a few posters write the same thing but am yet to see any official confirmation of that.

It would be a really silly rule implemented by the AFL........so therefore it must actually be true :)

Don't know exactly, I'm pretty sure the rule is you can keep 3 1st year rookies, 1 2nd year, 1 3rd year. Those 4 are 1st year rookies though.

Don't know exactly, I'm pretty sure the rule is you can keep 3 1st year rookies, 1 2nd year, 1 3rd year. Those 4 are 1st year rookies though.

Sounds too ridiculous to be true, to be honest.

What on earth is the point of such restrictions?

If that is in fact the rule, it's just another case of the AFL making rules for the sake of it.

What a joke. Hope it's not true.

Clubs should intentionally draft worse players so as to not break that rule. :rolleyes:

Sounds too ridiculous to be true, to be honest.

What on earth is the point of such restrictions?

If that is in fact the rule, it's just another case of the AFL making rules for the sake of it.

What a joke. Hope it's not true.

Clubs should intentionally draft worse players so as to not break that rule. :rolleyes:

I was wrong. Can keep 3 only, but this is not including international rookies.
http://www.afl.com.au/about/tabid/13532/default.aspx#rookie

Thanks for the link.

Not sure I believe it though, as it also says "All clubs can maintain a rookie list of up to six players".

We had 7 in 2010 (Garlett, Ellard, Cachia, White, Donaldson, Casboult, Tuohy).

We are allowed to have an extra rookie because we don't have any Veteran Listed players.

It was from Josh's mouth, so yes, it's happening.

Thanks for clearing up what i was wondering with Simon :thumbsu:

Does he think he will be picked up again? I thought the kid had some raw talent.

He's nominating for the draft this year but going back home and playing ressies for a couple more years and having another crack could also work out pretty well for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Trading and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back