NCAA 2011/12 Regular Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011-2012 College Football Discussion

Bookmark it Chase McCoy next Sam Bradford ;)Texas and FSU cleaning up the new recruits so far.

DB10 said:
my bowl bets:

Pinstripe Bowl: Kansas State win
Alamo Bowl: Oklahoma State -6
Meineke Car Care Bowl: Clemson -4.5
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma -17
Holiday Bowl: Nebraska -13.5

Capital One Bowl: Michigan State +10
St. Petersburg Bowl: Southern Miss +3.5
Gator Bowl: Mississippi State -4.5

Texas Bowl: Baylor -2
Sun Bowl: Notre Dame +3

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma -17
Sugar Bowl: Arkansas +3.5
Orange Bowl: Stanford -3
Rose Bowl: TCU/Wisconsin O58.5pts
BCS National Champ: Auburn -3

so I went 8/15 there and lost $25. :p

and total picks I went 16-14/ :eek: but I did those picks after Troy def Ohio, Northern Illinois def Fresno State and BYU def UTEP. probably would have gone 18-15 if I had.

so I went 8/15 there and lost $25. :p

and total picks I went 16-14/ :eek: but I did those picks after Troy def Ohio, Northern Illinois def Fresno State and BYU def UTEP. probably would have gone 18-15 if I had.

Haha :p It will get better ;)

Brady Hoke is the new Michigan coach by the way.

Les Miles turned them down to stay at LSU.

does anyone know of a link which lists the returning starters for next year?

on that little list

too high
3. Oregon - just reading that, besides HB and QB, most of the team is gone (6/11 on defence is most, and 3OL and the 2 receivers (so 11/the 20 left) is most :p, but still, 3 starting DL, inculding 2 interior lineman, 2 linebackers and a cornerback) that Run d is going to break down badly, They might finish the year ranked, but anything above 9-3 will shock me, 7-5 is about where I see them - oh, and teams would of studied the Cal and Auburn games and will be perfectly prepared for them in 2011.

5. Boise State - We can cover D for Winterswyk, Johnson, Veneble and Thompson, and Shoemaker will be able to cover Young, but that 2nd weapon will be a bitch, hopefully Hiwat comes along like Im hoping, work ethic is great, but I'm unsure on his actual skills, we'll be in a BCS bowl game, but I don't think we'll win it this year, a static ranking of about 7-8 for the whole year is where we should be, no higher unless we upset someone in a bCS bowl game

10. Ohio State - To be fair, 10 is probably perfect, but due to the early season suspensions and then the strength of the conferance, the only way they'll be able to make a BCS game is via the Big10 champs. And even then they'll be lucky, at the end of the season they'll be about 15, unless they play out of their skins and maintain this 10th spot

11. South Carolina - They went good in 2010 because the rest of the SEC East was shit, Florida's on the rise again, and so is Georgia and Tennessee, South Carolina will be lucky to be ranked at the end of the season

12. Wisconsin - Running game is still going to be strong, but the passing game will crash, and that will lead to teams stacking the box and shutting down Wisconsin, they'll be lucky to be ranked at the end of the season with teams able to shutdown that run game they have

18. TCU - TCU are losing alot this year, which is why Boise State will beat them, and there will be better chances IMO of Air Force and San Diego State being ranked at the end of the year then TCU

too low
9. Stanford Cardinal - They'll be in a BCS game, if they beat USC, in the National Championship, if they lose to USC, in the Rose Bowl, They will be a 1 loss team no matter what (either to USC, or in the National Championship)

23. Florida - 2010 was an abberation, trying to change the system for Brantley, a new coach might make that offence even more dangerous, they'll win the SEC East, and I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled off an upset in revenge against Alabama in the SEC Championship

note - I'm very undecided on Texas, I think 2010 was an abberation as well, but they went so shit that it might hurt the confidence of that QB of theirs, and they might struggle, I doubt they'll win the Big 12 (or whatever it's called next year) but they'll finish #3 in the conferance at worst, which MIGHT be about a #22 ranking

Texas Tech's on probation/bowl ineligibility for the next two years apparently.

Texas Tech's on probation/bowl ineligibility for the next two years apparently.
how come?

for some reason I have a feeling it's going to be because of Crabtree or someshit

coaches sending over 1,000 inappropriate text messages to recruits in football, but also to softball and golf recruits in 2008/09. nothing to do with Crabtree (who would have started there in 2005).

Texas Tech was one of the schools that went down with major recruiting violations when SMU was busted the third time and handed the Death Penalty, but that was their first ever violation.

it's not the end of the world though ... Florida State and Alabama are on probation too I think. :p

edit: and it seems there is no bowl ineligibility penalty, they're just on probation for two years.

I wouldn't be too shocked with Nebraska
I need to wait for schedules and rosters before I check everything

but just pot shots now, my predictions
National Championship - Oklahoma (1) D Cal (2)
Rose Bowl - Boise State (highest non-AQ) D Ohio State (Big 12)
Orange Bowl - Alabama (at large) D Miami Fl (ACC)
Fiesta Bowl - Nebraska (at large) D West Virginia (Big East)
Sugar Bowl - Florida (SEC) D Notre Dame (at large)
Mate you have Cal, as in the Pac 10 team in the National Champ game, WTF.

My prediction at this stage is LSU v Oklahoma but it is very early. Boise will not play in Rose Bowl that is for sure, They have taken an AQ school which they only had to do once every 4 years, and as the oldest and most traditional of the bowls will not take one again.
These are my Picks
Nat Champ - LSU v Oklahoma
Rose Bowl - Nebraska [Big ten] v Stanford [Pac 10]
Sugar Bowl - Alabama [At Large] v West Virginia [Big East]
Fiesta Bowl - Texas A&M [At Large] v TCU [Non AQ Qualifier]
Orange Bowl - Miami Fl [ACC] v Notre Dame [Notre Dame rule]

that would be an awesome BCS series.

the only one I don't agree with is Miami. IMO, Florida State will win the ACC next year. EJ Manuel looks good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

actually a question about next years AQ bowls ... what happens if USC wins the Pac-12? does the loser take its place in the Rose Bowl (if not ranked #1/#2)?

it wasn't an issue this year since they weren't even good enough to be ranked, but next year might be different.

actually a question about next years AQ bowls ... what happens if USC wins the Pac-12? does the loser take its place in the Rose Bowl (if not ranked #1/#2)?

it wasn't an issue this year since they weren't even good enough to be ranked, but next year might be different.
They can't win the Pac-12 with NCAA rules while on probation. While their matches count towards standings even if they win out they can't win the conference, or even play in championship game i think.
In '93 Auburn won out and were only undefeated team but only finished #4 in polls and didn't play in any bowl because they were on probation. It could have been worse in those days you weren't able to have your games televised when you were on probation.

ah right, didn't know they were classed as ineligible to even win their division. so they could run the table in the Pac-12 and the second placed team in the division goes to the title game then. Arizona or Arizona State you'd think.

Pac-12 and SEC West is going to be great fun to follow next season. I'm pretty sure in saying Oklahoma, Florida State, West Virginia win their conference and throwing up Nebraska/Ohio State as the Big Ten title game. but the SEC West is just ludicrously stacked. it's going to be good and impossible to predict. LSU, Alabama, Arkansas?

Mate you have Cal, as in the Pac 10 team in the National Champ game, WTF.

My prediction at this stage is LSU v Oklahoma but it is very early. Boise will not play in Rose Bowl that is for sure, They have taken an AQ school which they only had to do once every 4 years, and as the oldest and most traditional of the bowls will not take one again.

Fiesta Bowl - Texas A&M [At Large] v TCU [Non AQ Qualifier]
I went Cal because I love their defence, and their offence can only get better from 2010, I think they'll win the pac12, and Stanford will be in a BCS game again as a 1 loss at large team (or 2 loss if they play Cal once in the regular season)

I put us in the Rose Bowl because I thought the team who had the represntitive in the national championship got the pick first, and I thought Rose Bowl would rather have Boise then West Virginia, but if they could get Stanford in, then they should take them in a heart beat

and TCU wont be in a BCS game, the losses they have this year, they will not beat Boise State, and I wouldn't be shocked if San Diego State or Air Force beat them too.

the question is whether Fresno state/Hawaii are good enough to sweep their schedule, and Georgia beats Boise State, costing Boise the higher ranking and Fresno State/Hawaii get the non-aq spot into a BCS Bowl game (I'm ruling out Nevada with their losses in Kaepernick and Vau or whatever the **** their names are)

Boise's worst possible scenerio is 11-2 next year, only possible losses are Georgia and a BCS Bowl

ah right, didn't know they were classed as ineligible to even win their division. so they could run the table in the Pac-12 and the second placed team in the division goes to the title game then. Arizona or Arizona State you'd think.

Pac-12 and SEC West is going to be great fun to follow next season. I'm pretty sure in saying Oklahoma, Florida State, West Virginia win their conference and throwing up Nebraska/Ohio State as the Big Ten title game. but the SEC West is just ludicrously stacked. it's going to be good and impossible to predict. LSU, Alabama, Arkansas?
SEC is going to be amazing this coming season
the SEC West is stacked, and I think the winner of LSU vs Mississippi State goes to the SEC Championship game, but then Florida is back on the improvement too. It's going to be an amazing season in the SEC

I'm saying it now, 2011 season will be just like the 2007 season. teams being upset left right and center, USC will cause havoc in the pac12, Ohio State will cause havoc in the big10, SEC will beat each other and I'm tipping no one in the SEC will be underfeated

infact, thinking about it, I actually wouldn't be that shocked if the national championship is Oklahoma vs Boise State
I just think there are enough spoilers in the other conferances to lead to these 2 teams to be the only underfeated teams at the end of the regular season

I went Cal because I love their defence, and their offence can only get better from 2010, I think they'll win the pac12, and Stanford will be in a BCS game again as a 1 loss at large team (or 2 loss if they play Cal once in the regular season)

I put us in the Rose Bowl because I thought the team who had the represntitive in the national championship got the pick first, and I thought Rose Bowl would rather have Boise then West Virginia, but if they could get Stanford in, then they should take them in a heart beat

and TCU wont be in a BCS game, the losses they have this year, they will not beat Boise State, and I wouldn't be shocked if San Diego State or Air Force beat them too.

the question is whether Fresno state/Hawaii are good enough to sweep their schedule, and Georgia beats Boise State, costing Boise the higher ranking and Fresno State/Hawaii get the non-aq spot into a BCS Bowl game (I'm ruling out Nevada with their losses in Kaepernick and Vau or whatever the **** their names are)

Boise's worst possible scenerio is 11-2 next year, only possible losses are Georgia and a BCS Bowl

Cal went 5-7 last year and while they played well against Oregon I highly doubt they can win out in an under rated Pac-12 when they have to play USC, Oregon, Stanford and Oregon St. Personally I don't think there will be any BCS busters next year, I added TCU because I would love to see an all Texas bowl and I think they are more likely to beat Boise late in the season at TCU then the other way around and I think they are the most dominant team in non-AQ's.

look at TCU's senior class this year
with this years teams, it would be 1 hell of a match at TCU
but with the outs at TCU, they'll drop
Boise will too, unless Hiwat or Moore or someone else besides Shoemaker can come up and cover Pettis/Young

Boise will be the BCS Buster, I just doubt we'll be good enough to actually win that BCS Bowl this year :(

I just found out that the SEC Digital Network uploads full football games to their website for free streaming. Great for catching up on games or doing your own scouting on draft prospects!

This link is for the 2010 CFB season, but they have older games uploaded too

I just found out that the SEC Digital Network uploads full football games to their website for free streaming. Great for catching up on games or doing your own scouting on draft prospects!

This link is for the 2010 CFB season, but they have older games uploaded too

Thanks for that mate :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

NCAA 2011/12 Regular Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back