2011 Captains Mega Thread (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 17 Captain

Just realised Pendlebury's lowest score this year (94) was actually against Carlton :(

Don't recall the game but from what i can see on FF, "Tagged by Gibbs... 21 touches and 8 tackles with 3 marks".

Amazingly, there were only 6 sc tons hmm.

Might spur Pendles on to have a big day out.

Probably taking a risk on Dal Santo, though I would have happily taken any of his last 3 scores

Either ablett or swan, but leaning towards swan because Gaz has been named on the forward line, he might spend most of the game there.

Whichever I go with expect will end up being the wrong decision.

Just have to wonder if by naming him in the fwd line that his knee might still be carrying a bit of soreness into the game. Either way, if he was 100% fit, he'd be in the midfield i guess.

cmon Gazzalicious! Pump out a 160+ for me!

Every option has real uncertainty this week. Ablett's under an injury cloud, Pendles will cop the Gibbs tag again, the Blues/Pies midfields could cancel each other out therefore Swan may struggle to go big, Goddard against a majorly improved Eagles carries uncertainty.

At least we'll see a great deal of variety with captains this week.

cmon Gazzalicious! Pump out a 160+ for me!

I'm with you mate reckon I'll stick with Gaz for the C, he'll tear the tigers to pieces and he's every chance to smash out 200 to make up for last weeks effort! Anyone have any stats on his scores after quiet games? The coast are every chance to get up too IMO. Dunno if I'm brave enough to tip them though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have any inside info on how Ablett's been moving? I voted pendles

Was running around and training fine on Wednesday. Kicking it off both feet without a grimace, and running around without a problem.

Ablett has been named at Half Forward too, so he's in a bit of a position to kick some goals! Should be good to see.

Call me mad but I am thinking of giving Travis Cloke the captaincy. No Jamo which I believe will leave Henderson and Watson to rotate on him. Can see a 6-8 contested mark and a 5+ goal game in him. I know I won't have the guts to do it though..

I want to pic GAJ but I'm going with Pendles, I have a feeling it might backfire on me but after GAJ as captain last week I'll take my captain scoring 100 this week.

I've been waiting 4 weeks for Selwood's return he is being named captain and expected to enter beast mode.

Has to justify keeping the faith.

^yep if i had Selwood would be my choice as well.

Went with Pendles in the end. Not sure he's the most likely to score a 130+ but those numbers were hard to go against.

I've been waiting 4 weeks for Selwood's return he is being named captain and expected to enter beast mode.

Has to justify keeping the faith.

^yep if i had Selwood would be my choice as well.

Went with Pendles in the end. Not sure he's the most likely to score a 130+ but those numbers were hard to go against.

Selwood (c) :eek::eek::eek: Pendles (vc) and Ablett (dvc)

I'm a bit scared Ablett will score 185 today, but just have to see what the SC Gods have planned for us all

NB - not sure if it's an Omen, but Troy Selwood got 3 possies in the first 3 minutes in the VFL against Tigers

Had Ablett as captain, only costed my 9 points. Super last quarter by GAJ.

EDIT: Ablett downgraded to a 127 and Pendles up to a 145 so that's 18 points, not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back