2011 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Quigs I see Oxley is playing champs again. I think he has been going pretty well in the QAFL this year hasnt he

Has played a couple of games in the NEAFL this year and was one of Redland's better players on both occasions. He is in the QLD side again as one of the over-age players. You would expect him to be one of the better players, as I thought he was one of QLD's better players last year.

I'm quite a big wrap on a few of the QLD boys this year but they haven't produced in their first two performances against Sandringham and Dandenong. Am watching them tomorrow, will be interesting to see how they respond.

Has played a couple of games in the NEAFL this year and was one of Redland's better players on both occasions. He is in the QLD side again as one of the over-age players. You would expect him to be one of the better players, as I thought he was one of QLD's better players last year.

I'm quite a big wrap on a few of the QLD boys this year but they haven't produced in their first two performances against Sandringham and Dandenong. Am watching them tomorrow, will be interesting to see how they respond.

Are you watching Qld tomorrow?

Care to keep an eye out for Tom Fields? 189cm, KPP

If you're looking at Tassie boys:

Lonergan is a standout. But he can't go till next year.
McKenzie, Schade and Allison are all midfielders/flankers with athleticism and pace.

And just to chuck a few names out: Harper, Mihocek, Hislop.

Overagers you'd look at: Owen, Brown, Reiwoldt, Dobosz.

McKenzie, Schade and Allison are all midfielders/flankers with athleticism and pace.

Is Brown still playing? I thought he said he'd quit if he didn't get drafted...

Is Brown still playing? I thought he said he'd quit if he didn't get drafted...

Still going around. Supposed to be playing Mariners, but injured himself playing Statewide Colts last weekend. They reckon it's a fairly lengthy injury. Lots of talent, can't get on the park.

And for all you QLD'ers - what are your thoughts on Tom Balcombe? Overage, but there's a bit there. He's been really classy for Clarence. Don't know how much he's improved from his performances for North in his draft year though.

Still going around. Supposed to be playing Mariners, but injured himself playing Statewide Colts last weekend. They reckon it's a fairly lengthy injury. Lots of talent, can't get on the park.

Haven't seen you around for a while TF-Tiger, what's happening?

Any Naitunui's and/or Scully's coming through the system mate that I should keep an eye on in TAS?

Not a fan of Dylan Riley TT?

Are you watching Qld tomorrow?

Care to keep an eye out for Tom Fields? 189cm, KPP

Fields played full back yesterday. Quite athletic and mobile and has neat skills. Hard to grasp where he is at really, I've only seen him play 3 or 4 times. He has been playing KPD for Labrador seniors and has been doing a respectable job on bigger bodies. Yesterday he was defensively quite sound, didn't offer a whole lot coming out of defence though. Apparently he was one of QLD's better players last week. I know that Essendon are interested.

On a side note, there was no shortage of recruiters there yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deliberately left a few out SC - including the most obvious prospect.

Riley's good - got a few queries though.
Been on a massive upward curve since he went to South and still on it, reckon that's his biggest selling point. Was only playing U16s for St Helens in '09 to runner up in a TSL senior team B&F last year.

Been on a massive upward curve since he went to South and still on it, reckon that's his biggest selling point. Was only playing U16s for St Helens in '09 to runner up in a TSL senior team B&F last year.

Yeah, there's a fair bit of potential there for sure. What do you think of his disposal? Where would he, do you think, play at AFL level? If it's as a small defender - is he good enough overhead? Is he defensive minded enough?

Yeah, there's a fair bit of potential there for sure. What do you think of his disposal? Where would he, do you think, play at AFL level? If it's as a small defender - is he good enough overhead? Is he defensive minded enough?
Disposal gets a tick, it's decent. Could end up either a mid or defender, wouldn't say either for sure yet. Would have a fair bit to learn either way. After the way he's improved the last two years I'd love to see him after a couple of AFL pre-seasons.

Disposal gets a tick, it's decent. Could end up either a mid or defender, wouldn't say either for sure yet. Would have a fair bit to learn either way. After the way he's improved the last two years I'd love to see him after a couple of AFL pre-seasons.

Certainly look forward to charting his progress. Will be catching them when they play Oakleigh next weekend.

Just wondering who the Key position backman are that can get drafted this year? Anyone around picks 10-15 Richmond would look at? Hurley/Watson type.

Not sure I can think of any in that range. I've only really seen the metro TAC sides plus Dandy and the Rebels, but Curran's my pick of the tall backs and he's a Hawks f/s. Talia might be worth keeping an eye on though. Not sure he really dominates space like Hurley/Watson do, and he was last listed at a slightly marginal 191cm, but he can play.

Haven't seen you around for a while TF-Tiger, what's happening?

Any Naitunui's and/or Scully's coming through the system mate that I should keep an eye on in TAS?

Just uni, adapting to life (well 3/4 of life) in Melbourne.

I don't know if there's anything outstanding - but there's a few guys who'll attract the attention of AFL scouts.

What's Sam Lonergan's brother's name?
Reckon Essendon might have a dig at him?

He's the nephew of Sam - and not eligible to be drafted until next year.

He's been playing senior football in the TSL for a year now - and was quite good for the Mariners on Saturday morning.

Wins lots of contested ball, is quick, and spreads well. Uses the ball nicely, but it's not exemplary.

Definite chance to be drafted next year, but I don't think he's a first round chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back