2011 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

He's the nephew of Sam - and not eligible to be drafted until next year.

He's been playing senior football in the TSL for a year now - and was quite good for the Mariners on Saturday morning.

Wins lots of contested ball, is quick, and spreads well. Uses the ball nicely, but it's not exemplary.

Definite chance to be drafted next year, but I don't think he's a first round chance.

Awesome! thanks mate :) :thumbsu:

He is the real deal.

I watched him a couple of times last year, and he looked good... but he didn't scream 'no.1 draft pick prospect', maybe I just saw him in a couple of lesser games

Is Jon Patton as good a prospect as the HUN are claiming??

Yes.

Will go top 3 I'd say (whether he's no1 or not doesn't really matter since GWS have the first 3 picks).

Is Jon Patton as good a prospect as the HUN are claiming??

I saw JP for the first time last weekend, against our boys, the North Ballarat Rebels.

Wow this guy can play. He is big and strong, reads the play well, is a very good judge of a mark (there was a 4-5 goal westerley at the Eureka Stadium on Sunday) He knows where to lead, holds his ground, and can catch.

His side was well beaten on the day, and JP was playing in discomfort throughout the last quarter (maybe a corky??), but still took about a dozen marks for the game, most of which were heavily contested. It's not a question of whether he will be drafted, but more a question of what numbered pick, within the top 5.:thumbsu:

Is there any outstanding ruckmen in this years draft likely to go around 4 or 6? :)

Hopefully from S.A. even.

One of Elton or Longer will defiantly be there and both a very good prospects.

WA watchers rate Bolger highly as well,

i believe brodie grundy is one of the kids eligible to be traded by gws, 200+cm ruck.

i know what your thinking but i dont really see pafc going for a ruck with our first pick (4-8). with lobbe being 21 or 22, and redden 20 we will probably give them next year to show us they are up to the task. also i believe that in the past teams used to reach for ruckmen cause good ones were hard to find but at this time the league is blessed with a ridiculous amount of good ruckmen. hence why i think lycett slipped so late last year. i honestly think teams may still take the best available if it really stands out but this year i think gws may take the first 2 rucks but the 3rd or 4th could slip really late. and the year after when i dont see gc or gws chasing rucks where does the 2nd or 3rd best prospect go??

i believe brodie grundy is one of the kids eligible to be traded by gws, 200+cm ruck.

i know what your thinking but i dont really see pafc going for a ruck with our first pick (4-8). with lobbe being 21 or 22, and redden 20 we will probably give them next year to show us they are up to the task. also i believe that in the past teams used to reach for ruckmen cause good ones were hard to find but at this time the league is blessed with a ridiculous amount of good ruckmen. hence why i think lycett slipped so late last year. i honestly think teams may still take the best available if it really stands out but this year i think gws may take the first 2 rucks but the 3rd or 4th could slip really late. and the year after when i dont see gc or gws chasing rucks where does the 2nd or 3rd best prospect go??

yep he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Emmanuel Irra will be avaiable by Port's pick.

since we will have a pick from 4-8 ild say very very likely. although ive heard someone say he isnt eligible until 2012 but i dont think that can be right..

doing well to be playing seniors but im not sure he is what we should be looking for at that pick. can see the difference between him and chad wingard. wingard can run to space or get his own ball. irra looks like a guy that will run through the lines. although i cant see wingard getting past top 3-4 picks. gws would like that wingard could make an impact quickly as well.

i really want pafc to take a kid that is a pure mid. early now but theories have coniglio (mid), patton(kf), elton (kp/rk) and wingard (mid) all being mentioned among people here as top 3ish picks with longer (rk) and bolger (rk) rated highly as well.

im not sure who are the next batch of names after that??

waldhuter (mid) has been mentioned but i havent seen him or heard much so will have to wait and see how the next best mids are after those kids. if elton, longer and bolger are all very good rucks i really only see gws taking two of them at most and one could slip pretty far. i really dont want us to take one of them so early when we need a star mid. i kinda dont mind us having a crack at a star ff if one stands out such as patton, if we think we can get a very good pure mid after...

any one see this as a great draft/ good draft/ average draft/ poor draft??

damn i cant wait until champs.. for the west aussies which players are stepping up at seniors in the wafl?? thats usually a good indicator of talent. what about that kerston kid ive heard about?? any kids that played well in last champs as underagers??

damn i cant wait until champs.. for the west aussies which players are stepping up at seniors in the wafl?? thats usually a good indicator of talent. what about that kerston kid ive heard about?? any kids that played well in last champs as underagers??

kersten has been playing some reserves footy and whilst he is a terrific under age player may suffer along the lines of a Panos insomuch as he is an in between height (191cm) so not big enough for key position etc.

Thought it might be time to start throwing around some names of kids I am keen on seeing at Champs time. Avoided some of the obvious ones like Patton etc. I havent seen all the sqauds yet and hence a few may not be selected in the final squads but for what it is worth these are some of those I will be following;

Shane Nelson - WP Colt but has been missing last few weeks so not sure if inj or at camp. Been killing it at Colts level. Ball magnet.

Cam Eardley - East Freo kid who was in last years squad a bit of hype around him. Good midfielder.

Jorden Lockyer - again a member of last years squad and has been going well in the Colts. Defender

Taylor Adams - Always keep an eye out for the Falcons boys. They tend to go very well and he has been going exceptionally.

Hayden Crozier - Ranges kid who oddly doesnt get talked about a lot but I think he is very much a top pick. Athletic and v good footy brain. come year end might be the kid they all want.

Simon Deery - Power kid who I have seen a bit of and presents pretty well. He has great size, moves well and is very draftable but hasnt belted door down yet.

Max Duffy - East Freo kid and dont know if he is in the squad but he has talent to burn. Some eye catching stuff last year but had some issues apparently. Saw he went well on the weekend so lets hope putting them behind him.

Liam Corrie - NT youngster who has a bit of talent. Watch him!

Jackson Merrett - Falcon who has been goign well and am keen to see how he steps up. want to see how well he uses it.

Shane Kersten - Does he offer enough flexibility to be played anywhere other than FF. I would love him at Collingwood and I hate how these blokes get persecuted by recruiters.

Jed Anderson - NT kid who has been doing well for Thunder and moves very well.

Myles Bolger - will be great to see how much he has developed. And to see if RE is right! To rate him higher than Longer is a call. I suspect he is so really keen on watching him.

Mitch Grigg - Norwood midfielder who has a raking left foot. SA always produce silky mids. Been playing in the Reserves (dont read to much into they have a heap of good juniors at Norwood) so will be good to see him amongst his age group.

Hayden Hector - Power kid who is an elite athlete. GWS looked close and said no (or he did) and has been going ok.

Luke Brown - Norwood defender who has played seniro footy this year. Only seen some visiion but looks good. Quick and skillful.

Sam Kerridge - gee I feel sorry for gun players from Bendigo. They must love playing with some decent talent at Champs time.

Lewis Hender - was very good in last years champs and has been going well this year. Great size and a bit of x factor. Think he has had some senior time at Glenelg this year.

Chad Wingard - SA kid who is an exceptional talent so again this is the time that counts for him. Been playing seniors and doing well.

Josh Waldhunter - Centrals kid who I dont think is a very high pick but a very decent player who could drop throuh like Fasolo. Been playing magoos at Central this year and done ok. Remember Centrals are probably the hardest team to get a run at.

Jason Williams - Calder kid who is pretty well rated albeit I havent seen much so am keen to see him go round if he is selected. Questions on his use of the footy.

Matt Jacquier - WWT kid who is a nice size and good mover. Watch out for him. Hasnt belted door down this year though

Jimmy Webster - Tas kid who has a bit of hype about him. I havent seen much of him but have heard a lot.

Jack Newnes - Northern Knight kid who has done well but will be good to see him benchmarked against the best.

Jack Charleston - Jet kid who has been very good. Quick HB type who hopefully sees a bit of game time.

Matt Buntine - Stingrays kid who is very good off HB. Creative and a good user. had some inj issues though i think.

Trav La Rocca - Sandy mid who has been going pretty well and should probably see some action I would have thought.

Harry Cunningham - very talented NSW kid. Forget who he is tied to.

Craig Moller / Jarrod Witts - NSW big blokes who have developed really well. Tied to Freo and Pies.

Sam Michel - Super talent from QLD who has been a bit up and down in results.

Liam Sumner - Sandy kid who have seen a bit of vision. Very draftable if he can put some performances together. Good champs will see him rise right up.

Brad McKenzie - Sturt kid who should be pretty prominent for Croweaters. Mid / fwd who has done very well this year.

Jake Mazzone - Norwood junior who plays mid / fwd and done really well this year.

Alex Sexton - very talented kid from QLD who will go to GC but still be good to watch him.

Alex Greenwood - Inside mid from Ranges who is developing really well.

Doug Morris - love his type but how draftable only the champs will tell. Good inside mid. Caddy put a huge showing in last year and went up with a bullett.

Fraser McInnes - WA kid who is a bit like the SA kid Craig from a year or so ago. Loads of talent but at 196cm where does he play.

Coleman Schache - Rebels kids who has been good and looks pretty draftable from the limited vision I have seen. Plays HB / Mid and looks good user.

Dylan Riley - Bit of talk around him as a good prospect. Killed it vs Sandy last week.

Adam Tomlinson - Great size and one the recruiters will be watching. Not sure 100% fit though

Michael Talia - Doesnt get much of a go on here but I think he is a pretty good talent and am looking fwd to seeing some of his games.

Josh Kolka - Seen none of him but the reports are good. Again likely to stay in Brisbane via ZS.

Jai Sheehan - Falcons kid who has a lot of very draftable qualities. One I have watched closely but needs to have a good carnival i would think as TAC performances havent been outstadning.

Jackson Starcevich - For obvious reasons!

Alex Woodward - another good TAC mid but want to see how he goes against the rest of the country.

Seb Ross - Been going well at the Rebels this year and has a few AFL attributes.

Dom Tyson - Oakleigh mid.

Luke Wilson - little fella from Port who has got some talent. Not sure if he is 17 or 18 though. need to check.

Alex brown - Oakleigh. Good size and very draftable attributes.

Kids that are 19 that might get a go and should be watched are guys like Courtney Hylton, Jamie Elliott, Breandan Palmer albeit not sure if he will be in the squad, .

Kids that are 17 and should be watched are kids like Dayle Gartlett, Jeager OMeara, Ben Kennedy, Sam Mayes, Shannon Taylor, peter Persinos.

Anyway hope that helps to get the ball rolling...........

^^^^

Thanks Snoop.

Jackson Starcevich - For obvious reasons!

How do you rate him Snoop could he be a chance of going to Collingwood under the Father/Son?

Liam Corrie - NT youngster who has a bit of talent. Watch him!

Is he Related to Anthony Corrie?

Kids that are 17 and should be watched are kids like Dayle Gartlett, Jeager OMeara, Ben Kennedy, Sam Mayes, Shannon Taylor, peter Persinos.

What about James Stewart?

And Snoop just mentioned the one Tassie kid I left alone. Well worth having a look at Snoop - he didn't play on the weekend in Tassie, but the word I've got is he'll be playing next weekend against Oakleigh.

Thanks for the effort Snoop, I'm keen to see Sumner, Crozier, O'Meara, Sexton, Bolger and Yarran.

Are you sure Liam Corrie is the right name Snoop? The Tigers picked him up last year as a part of the "training draft" but nothing came of it. He was never even seen at the club!

I believe he's the cousin of Anthony Corrie and Alwyn Davey.

INteresting thoughts on Crozier Snoop.

Last year I thought he may have a little Keiren Harper about him this year. Unfortunately I've not been able to get to games this year because of work.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back