Tommo

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2003
Freo is where my heart is
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FREO
Well it would seem that the year is pretty much done for. I am moving my interest to the next crop of young kids we might have the privilege of developing (over training :cool:).

I can't see us winning either of our last two games which means we will finish, as low as 13 or 12.

With 12 being the most likely as I see it, we will have picks, 14, 33, 51. Add to that a compo pick or two.

Looks like as far as forwards go nabbing someone good with our first pick is unlikely. Could get a descent KPB in Talia, or McInnes. There should be a couple of inside mids around that area too, in Mckenzie, Grigg, and Adams.

I lok forward to the mini draft with anticipation.

We need more Indigenous players to replenish the stocks. Anyone seen East Freo or Claremont colts this year. Theres a few there. Reckon we could get them all too finishing lower than the Eagles

Andrew Boseley. 194cm KPD. Take over from McPharlin in a few years (I see Faulks as 3rd Tall). And he is a Ranga! We dont have any red heads in our team lol.
He played a pretty good game on Patton this year from what i hear.

I'd like to see 4 picks (14,33,51,69) used with the first pick used to grab a KPF however if as they say it is a thin draft then maybe the 'best available' is a safer option. I think we still need to take two KPP's in this draft.

I'd like to see 4 picks (14,33,51,69) used with the first pick used to grab a KPF however if as they say it is a thin draft then maybe the 'best available' is a safer option. I think we still need to take two KPP's in this draft.

It's a weak draft for talls, too. I'd go best available KPP with the first pick, but if there's a big slider pick him instead. Then look around the WAFL/SANFL for a mature age tall or two.

It's a weak draft for talls, too. I'd go best available KPP with the first pick, but if there's a big slider pick him instead. Then look around the WAFL/SANFL for a mature age tall or two.

Yeah I was kind of thinking of Josh Smith from East Perth for that last pick he seems to be having a pretty solid season for East Perth and at pick 69 in a weak draft he def could be worth a shot.

It's interesting.

I could see us taking a Kersten or Fraser McInnes up first.

If Cruize Garlett wants to come home, I'd have a look at him. We need an in and under mid, and he would be useful despite short arse disease.

Then a few more talls to see if we can flesh out the list.

Anyone know how Kyle Hartigan is going?

With Sibisado and Shepheard likely to get the chop, we'll have some space for a couple of talls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know how Kyle Hartigan is going?

Is a regular in the Werribee back line now. Recently played on Fevola, apparently he competed well although Fev did kick 6. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't rookie listed at the least this year.

Expect us to look closely at Gumbleton (still has 1 yr left on his contract with the Bombers), especially if Mitch Clark becomes too "expensive", and if Gumbleton medical reports are reasonable.

I just hope we don't fall in to the old trap of quick fixes, especially when there are players like Kersten and McInnes in the draft and likely to be available for our first pick.

On Saturday, Kersten kicked another 6.4 from his 17 kicks (which included a whopping 7 inside 50's for a key forward, quite remarkable) and 7 marks, following from his 5.4 the previous week.

Who's the mature ager playing FF for Perth League? Been mentioned here a couple of times. Looked good when I saw him.

Haydn Busher? This is the third year that I've been suggesting him, would be nice to be right eventually. Is a big, strong guy but I actually prefer him at CHB.

Would Shane Kersten play as a KPF in the AFL? Watching the footage on the AFL site he seems more like a leading flanker to me.
Was amazed to see he is shorter than Barlow, but only 3 cm short than McPharlin.

I could almost guarantee we wont be using any high picks for key forwards.
There not needed for our gameplan(plz Harvey it took Eade years to realise how important they are LEARN FROM HIM)

Expect more medium sized fast players, more Pitt,Crighton type players

I could almost guarantee we wont be using any high picks for key forwards.
There not needed for our gameplan(plz Harvey it took Eade years to realise how important they are LEARN FROM HIM)

Expect more medium sized fast players, more Pitt,Crighton type players

i dont know about that, he said on his last interview with brad and karl that we need more ball winning midfielders and a key forward.... will just depend on who is available at the time

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Drafting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back