2011 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isnt that insane. I reckon bris will be the spooners after loosing your b + f and brennan. Essendon and wce both have better young talent than port and bris but with worse senior players so maybe the poster just expects improvement from the kids in the teams.

Brisbane are no good in that department but geez people underrate Port don't they?

Rockliff, Reden, Rich, Banfield and Beams anyone? That's right, as usual Victorians have no idea about interstate teams as usual.

Bring on 2011, can't wait to see you proven wrong.

Brisbane are no good in that department but geez people underrate Port don't they?

Most people seem to believe that 19 and 20 year olds will improve next year more than 23 and 24 year olds will. Its quite incorrect really.

Thats (IMO) why people look at WCE's list, or Melbourne's list, and see improvement, while when they look at Port Adelaide's list, or (insert other team here - I'm too one eyed to think of another) they don't see any improvement forthcoming.

Or maybe they think that Port have not had priority draft picks, ergo their young players must be bad.

Also... just looked at Footscray's list, and wowee they are old. I always thought Hargrave was 23 or something, and that giansiricusa was 26 o_O

My Prediction:
1. St. Kilda
2. Collingwood
3. Geelong
4. Adelaide
5. Sydney
6. Fremantle
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Melbourne
--------------------
9. North Melbourne
10. Hawthorn
11. Carlton
12. Gold Coast
13. Port Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. Essendon
16. Brisbane Lions
17. West Coast

Interesting to see if there are a lot of changes to ladder's after the draw is released on Friday. Teams may move due to perception of a very hard or very easy draw.

Hawthorn - will bring back 2008 form
Fremantle - 2006 type year
Geelong - will still be a strong unit
Sydney - will do well
Melbourne - youngters will lift
St.Kilda - a bit shakey
Collingwood - hangover, recover to make the 8
Carlton - up and down year
---------------------------------------------
Western Bulldogs - window is shut
Gold Coast - will surprise in a few games
North Melbourne - still need work
Richmond - its a long long road to the top
Adelaide - old and tired
Brisbane - crap
Essendon - crap
West Coast - :(
Port Adelaide - crap

Hard to say at this stage but I will have a stab

Collingwood
Fremantle
St Kilda
Geelong
Carlton
Hawks
Bulldogs
North Melbourne

Adelaide
Sydney
Melbourne
Port
Richmond
Essendon
West Coast
Brisbane

Based on improving or declining from past results my prediction is:

H&A Ladder
2009 2010 2011
SK Coll Coll (Improving)
Geel Geel SK (Hanging on)
WB SK Frem (Improving)
Coll WB Haw (Should be better, consistency??)
Adel Syd WB (Sliding)
BL Frem Carl (Improving)
Carl Haw Geel (Sliding too much upheaval)
Ess Carl NM (Improving)
Haw NM Syd (Not sold on them yet)
PA PA Adel (???)
WC Adel Melb (Improving)
Syd Melb Rich (Improving)
NM BL PA (???)
Frem Ess Ess (???)
Rich Rich WC (Can't see improvement)
Melb WC BL (Problems)
GC (Too young in players 10-22)

Adelaide - old and tired
I can put up with people not knowing about our youth and think we'll be shit
but using "old and tired" as the reason for us being shit is just plain stupidity :rolleyes:

I can put up with people not knowing about our youth and think we'll be shit
but using "old and tired" as the reason for us being shit is just plain stupidity :rolleyes:

Last year you were old and tired. This year you will miss some epic senior players. then end of mcleod, goodwin and edwards is an end of an era. Your youth is decent.

Last year you were old and tired. This year you will miss some epic senior players. then end of mcleod, goodwin and edwards is an end of an era. Your youth is decent.
are you trying to say our youth is decent so we'll be decent
or we'll be shit because we lost our oldies :confused:

fwiw - I think we'll be very inconsistent, 1 week we could beat Collingwood, the next we could lose to you, at the moment I think we'll finish 5-10, but will wait untill I see the fixture to do my next and probably 2nd last prediction (ill do one after the pre-season)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Collingwood
2. W Bulldogs
3. St kilda
4. Fremantle
5. Geelong
6. Hawthorn
7. Sydney
8. Adelaide
9. Kangaroos
10. Carlton
11. Melbourne
12. Port adelaide
13. Richmond
14. West Coast
15. Gold Coast
16. Essendon
17. Brisbane

Collingwood
St Kilda
Geelong
Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn
Sydney
Adelaide
Carlton
Melbourne
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne
Essendon
Richmond
Gold Coast
Brisbane
West Coast

Of all the predictions I've seen, this would by far have to be the most insane.

Melbourne at third place? They're still a bunch of kids, North's list would be almost on pars with them.

Bulldogs 9th? They'll make top four again for sure, next year would probably be their best shot having not to carry Johnson and Eagleton into a final.

Hawthorn 5th? Just because they grabbed David Hale doesn't mean they are going to become a powerhouse, if Hale goes down they're screwed, Skipper and Taylor gone.

West Coast and Essendon above Port and Lions? Essendon are in way more turmoil than Port or Lions, Hird will have a huge challenge next year. Likewise, Andrew Gaff isn't going to take the Eagles to 14th.

Brisbane last and Voss being sacked? We've had enough reform as it is up here, with Collins, Kelly and Bowers gone, there's no way that Voss is going to be sacked, if anything we'll be playing the kids next year and maturing our already young midfield. Rebuilding slowly, but still have some promise.

Insane. :eek:

Why did you bring up Hale? Hale is the slightest concern, it looks every day Clarkson will bring he favourite son back Robert Campbell. and we won't be screwed if Hale went down, depends on the hunger if it's still there. Hale will boost our ruck stock and forward!

Hale will boost our ruck stock and forward!

Hale will certainly boost ruck stocks but will decline your forward ones as he will spend time there in place of Franklin/Roughead and Hale isn't a forward's arseh*le, just a big piece of lumber for the good backs to run off and create from.

West Coast and Essendon above Port and Lions? Essendon are in way more turmoil than Port or Lions, Hird will have a huge challenge next year. Likewise, Andrew Gaff isn't going to take the Eagles to 14th.

Brisbane last and Voss being sacked? We've had enough reform as it is up here, with Collins, Kelly and Bowers gone, there's no way that Voss is going to be sacked, if anything we'll be playing the kids next year and maturing our already young midfield. Rebuilding slowly, but still have some promise.

Insane. :eek:

What's insane is you think the Lions are in a better position than WCE, Essendon and Port. You just lost your best and fairest, Rischitelli (111 games), Brennan (119 games) and Sherman (114).

These are part of the senior players that stopped Brisbane from finishing second bottom of the ladder in 2010.

What's insane is you think the Lions are in a better position than WCE, Essendon and Port. You just lost your best and fairest, Rischitelli (111 games), Brennan (119 games) and Sherman (114).

These are part of the senior players that stopped Brisbane from finishing second bottom of the ladder in 2010.

lionaround is convinced Brisbane are on the verge of becoming a powerhouse again :rolleyes:

There is no doubt Port, WCE and Essendon are in much better positions than Brisbane.

Not to mention the age of their 4 best players.
Next year
Black (32) - struggled through injury and not his best form last year
Brown (30) - struggled with injury last year
Fev (30) - also had injury problems aswell as personality problems
Power (31) - his worst year last year in a long time
Its only downhill from here for all these players. I reckon only brown of the above will be good enough next year to carry the team.

Rockliff, Reden, Rich, Banfield and Beams anyone? That's right, as usual Victorians have no idea about interstate teams as usual.

Lol if those are the only young players you can mention. Brisbane are in a dire position. Worse than Melbourne of 2007.

Didn't Brisbane have the most Rising Star noms this year? Doesn't mean too much but it's surprising that most people don't acknowledge Brissys young guns.

I'd be surprised if the Lions finish bottom 4, home ground advantage and Brown and Fev firing will see the Lions finish close to the 8 IMO.

Their current list turmoil is definitely over-stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back