A Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on the boys down at Dear Diary Bell slipping down the ladder a bit this year with a reasonable slice of their quality travelling throughout the year?

One or two travelling is hardly a ‘reasonable slice’. Think the Bellers will be ok. More than adequate number of replacements for the travellers.

One or two travelling is hardly a ‘reasonable slice’. Think the Bellers will be ok. More than adequate number of replacements for the travellers.
just doesn't help build a happy camp when blokes take off mid year and then expect to come straight back in when they return. trouble brewing.

just doesn't help build a happy camp when blokes take off mid year and then expect to come straight back in when they return. trouble brewing.

All the travellers are back bar one who has been gone a while and was never expected back until much later in the year. No one going mid season either. Come on Rah Rah we are just a humble ACC school. We don’t have the resources to just up and leave on whim like those cashed up APS types.

Pop down to St Bedes Mordialloc Tigers and see if there's any interest there. Losing a couple more to well paid jobs in the local league won't hurt them at all according to "Beda".

Maybe Gilligan Lovejoy is anticipating trouble brewing at STBMT - didn't he hatch a coup to take over mid year at OM's a couple of years back by getting rid of Russell Morris? - could this be a case of history repeating itself? I hope Owen's peripheral vision is 'on'.

All the travellers are back bar one who has been gone a while and was never expected back until much later in the year. No one going mid season either. Come on Rah Rah we are just a humble ACC school. We don’t have the resources to just up and leave on whim like those cashed up APS types.
A humble ACC school funded by the vatican.
The hand still rocks the cradle doesn't it

Maybe Gilligan Lovejoy is anticipating trouble brewing at STBMT - didn't he hatch a coup to take over mid year at OM's a couple of years back by getting rid of Russell Morris? - could this be a case of history repeating itself? I hope Owen's peripheral vision is 'on'.
Does anyone know what's happening with OM's? I hear they announced some more recruits yesterday but their website has been down for the best part of a week. HAs it buckled under the weight of all the announcements they have made?

Well obviously the person doing their website has an idea or wants a change as under Team Officials he has Gilligan above OL.

Not many team websites do that, bit unlike the 'real thing' as long as OL is around the top 4 he should be ok.

Well obviously the person doing their website has an idea or wants a change as under Team Officials he has Gilligan above OL.

Not many team websites do that, bit unlike the 'real thing' as long as OL is around the top 4 he should be ok.

Anyone got any results from praccy games today??? I know the Panthers accounted for East Burwood fairly easily today with a few missing, don't know if East Burwood had any missing.

St Bedes beat Sale, dunno if Sale are any good though, St Bedes looked poor, will struggle to stay up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Bedes beat Sale, dunno if Sale are any good though, St Bedes looked poor, will struggle to stay up.
Agree. made the trip to Mordy myself (prefer not to venture too far out of Bayside). Twas a cracking day for a few cans on the hill. Sale not much chop.
Again I ask, have the Beders lost some quaility to local comps? Seemed very light on.

Also called in to Linton Street on way back through. Battle of the Purples v Magentas. Can't see Gaylebury challenging anybody this year. Will be a very long season at East Bentleigh.

How did Uni Blues go vs St.bernards?

Uni Blues beat De La by 6 goals. De La upbeat despite the result as a very young and undermanned side took the field. No doubt UB would have been missing some big names also. They looked pretty sharp and boom Ballarat recruit Anderson will be a handful for VAFA defenders this year.

Did anyone see OLD CAREY and and the Pederson show??

Mate of mine's bro was at OT's home ground and got a half of the OM's vs OT game on Sunday. Feedback was that it was a very ordinary game

Did anyone see OLD CAREY and and the Pederson show??

Mate of mine's bro was at OT's home ground and got a half of the OM's vs OT game on Sunday. Feedback was that it was a very ordinary game

Know a few of the OT boys and from what they said OM's looked to be missing some key players which made it flattering for the T's. Don't know who they were but let's be honest it was a practice match. If Uni beat de la by 6 goals then form means nothing at this stage.

Know a few of the OT boys and from what they said OM's looked to be missing some key players which made it flattering for the T's. Don't know who they were but let's be honest it was a practice match. If Uni beat de la by 6 goals then form means nothing at this stage.

Practice games results are just filler for forums like this - they are totally meaningless if used as an indicator of form for round 1. Take no notice.

My ladder after round 18 (now that I have had a chance to consider matters carefully and read the clearances section in the VAFA)

UB
Xavs
OM
DLS (just)

Collegians
Carey
STBMT
OT
Scotch
Haileybury

I just put the year's salary on the Claret & Stout.

Absolute monty's for a three-peat.
welcome back schlapp-man. how was the banjo plucking in murchison? d-shlapping pretty normal sort of behaviour in those parts?
Do I gather from this you have actually put 2 years salary on the Strawberry and Nugget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back