2012 List Management - Drafts, Trading and Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, always been a fan of him. Is a good player and there is a good chance that he'll flourish at a new club.

He'll be 26 at the start of next season, so he fails the U24 rule I'm hoping we have for trading but we could do far worse.

Wouldn't be against it if we picked him up.

How about Tom Bell? An article says he may leave if he is not elevated and he may just be behind Curnow whom had more games and seems a good size for a 21 y.o

How about Tom Bell? An article says he may leave if he is not elevated and he may just be behind Curnow whom had more games and seems a good size for a 21 y.o

Yeah posted about him a few posts up.

Would be a good pick-up I think. Only possible problem is that we already have a strong group of inside mid's. I don't like to worry about that too much though, and if he is available I would be disappointed if we didn't enquire about him.

If I were Carlton, he would be the first I'd upgrade off the rookie list, not the fourth as was reported. He is a Queenslander, GC need inside mid's, so I reckon that they'll make a big play for him if available.

Yeah posted about him a few posts up.

Would be a good pick-up I think. Only possible problem is that we already have a strong group of inside mid's. I don't like to worry about that too much though, and if he is available I would be disappointed if we didn't enquire about him.

If I were Carlton, he would be the first I'd upgrade off the rookie list, not the fourth as was reported. He is a Queenslander, GC need inside mid's, so I reckon that they'll make a big play for him if available.

Bell butchers the ball by foot he's the last type of player that's needed at the club right now

But, if Cross were to retire at the end of probably 2014; he could slot into that midfield well then and have potentially 50 games under his belt and hes not exactly a small wirey midfielder

& I'd upgrade him first to

I wouldnt be adding any more inside mids

*Edit ^^^Haha in too late

I'm just going to throw it out there, i reckon Howard is a wing/outside mid. Have heard a bit about him here as a rebounding defender but his last two games were close to his best and were in the midfield. Pearce, JJ and Wood however...
But hey i may be wrong and that could be where he ends up.

Harsh on Addison. He's shown enough this season to warrant a place in the 22.
There is a reason we finished in the bottom 4, realisticly bottom 2 if you take out expansion clubs. His not good enough at AFL level, never has been, never will be. Even though he has improved this season, he was gifted 50 games experience. How anyone can say we shouldn't take a punt on Toy yet gift games to players like addision is ridicolous

My cousin is a very cynical dogs supporter, but he said to me something funny the other day regarding our picks 5 & 6in the Draft:

"Don't worry. We will somehow find a way to FU*K it up ! " hehe !
Is his name Danny?

We do lack running half-backs to be honest so I like our compensation pick for Josh Toy. Has clear talent but has struggled so far. Only 20 years of age we'd have plenty to work with.

Still very keen on picking up Martin with 5 or 6 and using the other pick on Sam Mayes or O'Rourke. Really want a pick inside 11-18 but am struggling to find a way we could do it. We could possibly trade a Sherman and Markovic for pick 20 from GWS.

Pick 5 - Pick #1 in MD - Martin
Pick 6 - Mayes/O'Rourke
Pick 20 - Garner/Simpson
Pick 27 - Colquhoun
Pick 46 - Hunter
Pick 47 - Toy

:thumbsu:

I definitely think we can get a pick around 20 odd.

My dream draft would be -

Pick 5 - Martin
Pick 6 - Mayes
Pick 20 - Menzel
Pick 27 - Shaw
Pick 46 - Hunter
Pick 47 - Toy
(I'd also love a pick around 10 for Garlett but MAYBE I'm asking a bit too much there :p)

Really hope we get Addison a bigger motor next pre-season and turn him into our own Max Rooke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

of course and I agree. But the lakers drafted kobe. How did they get the pick to draft him??? They traded out some very popular and high level players (including vlade divac). The deal was very very unpopular at the time.

And they signed Nash using cap space they created by trading out odom. Again, another highly unpopular and risky move at the time.

And to put themselves in the Howard sweepstakes they were willing to part with Bynum (and gasol if reports are correct).
Completely different circumstances. The Hornets drafted Bryant at pick 13, then traded him to the Lakers for Vlade Divac. They only did this because Bryant refused to play for the Hornets, and would only play for the Lakers - a form of draft tampering that wouldn't be allowed in the AFL.

The LA Lakers and the WEstern Bulldogs are 2 clubs at opposite ends of the professional sports spectrum, and to compare them is ridiculous. One of them is a glamour team, with plenty of cash, team success, and celebrity followers, and the other is the Western Bulldogs. The Lakers can afford to trade out quality players, because they are always going to attract quality players that want to play for them. If Buddy Franklin decided to become a free agent, i'd give us a 1% chance of being able to convince him to come to the Whitten Oval. If he was in the NBA, there would be a 40% chance of him going to the Lakers. No quality player chooses the Minnesota Timberwolves over the LA Lakers.

I definitely think we can get a pick around 20 odd.

My dream draft would be -

Pick 5 - Martin
Pick 6 - Mayes
Pick 20 - Menzel
Pick 27 - Shaw
Pick 46 - Hunter
Pick 47 - Toy
(I'd also love a pick around 10 for Garlett but MAYBE I'm asking a bit too much there :p)

how would we get a pick 20 without giving up any picks? Which player is on the trade market that would warrant pick 20 back?

And what would Gold Coast want with pick 47? They need to cut their list down.

I'm happy to swap our 3rd rounder for toy, but gc won't use it will they?? They'll only make 3 draft selections I'd imagine and their 3rd is higher than ours.

Given caddy will be traded out and they'll likely get a first rounder for him aswell, I seriously doubt a 3rd rounder has any value to them at all.

Soooo I can see toy being picked up for next to nothing.

My ideal scenario is (provided we can't trade our way into another first round pick)

5. Martin
6. Stringer
2nd round. Whoever the best speed merchant forward pocket is left on the board
3rd round. Hunter
3rd round. Toy

how would we get a pick 20 without giving up any picks? Which player is on the trade market that would warrant pick 20 back?
I don't know but I'm sure we could work something out with a club with a pick around 20 and I think we should try.

And I doubt GC will get anything better than an early 3rd round pick.

Williams, Grant and #46 to Carlton for pick #11 and #70

still dunno if they would do it, but thats 2 players that may be in the 22 right away, and also wishing Malthouse wants instant results.
Williams because their defense is shit and Grant i'm sure would play better with Carltons midfield

still dunno if they would do it, but thats 2 players that may be in the 22 right away, and also wishing Malthouse wants instant results.
Williams because their defense is shit and Grant i'm sure would play better with Carltons midfield
...but why would we do that??

No no no no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back