2012 List Management - Drafts, Trading and Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be too bad having Howard on one wing and Toy on the other.
That would be great for Williamstown, not so much for us.

Ash Smith from WCE has a few BF rumours floating around. We seem interested in a rebounding defender, which is fair enough when you look at our list.

He went backwards this year IMO, not sure what is happening there. I think he may have read too many articles about his sublime kicking, it was anything but this season.

He's a dogs fan, would love to having him at the kennel. Contracted till the end of next season I think?

Well, they took Harbrow of us, so let's rip McKenzie from them. Contracts mean nought these days.

Ash Smith from WCE has a few BF rumours floating around. We seem interested in a rebounding defender, which is fair enough when you look at our list.

Not a fan of Howard Mofra?

Personally I think Howard will turn out okay, but I doubt he will ever be in the top 15 players on our list... We should have never used our 1st round pick on him! Fyfe would have been nice, but we live and learn... it was Dalrymple's first draft going solo and unfortuantely he jumped at shadows. To his credit he has learnt from his mistake :thumbsu: evident last year when he was content to let Talia slip to our second pick.

I'd take him anyday...if we have been able to play addison, stack, wight, djekurra....this list goes on over the last 5 years, i'd happily take a 20 year old who was touted as a top 3 pick 2 years ago. If he gets his fitness up he could be very valuable. Look at the effect it had on josh hill moving back home. Well worth a punt

Toy certainly has been struggling with injury. Achilles problem that has limited his stints at training and thus hindered his endurance.

With that said, he has yet to show any real flashes of what he could be at all. At least anything to justify the hype.
I respect your opinion Sunny, realistically what would a guy like Toy cost us? I touted a swap of picks, our 45 for your pick in the 60's but thinking about it no way thats enough to get it done

Bulldogs third rounder I would take for Toy.

There might be a 'little' bidding war with him, but it's hard to see anyone offering much more than that.
Hmmm one of those will be tied up with Hunter and I think the club will want to get another decent kid. Josh Hill had showed he could at least play AFL and we only got pick 49 for him. 46 seems a bit over the value

Bulldogs third rounder I would take for Toy.

There might be a 'little' bidding war with him, but it's hard to see anyone offering much more than that.

Which round was Toy drafted at?

Also with us activating compo that would mean pretty much Toy for Sam Reid. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a fan of Howard Mofra?

Personally I think Howard will turn out okay, but I doubt he will ever be in the top 15 players on our list... We should have never used our 1st round pick on him! Fyfe would have been nice, but we live and learn... it was Dalrymple's first draft going solo and unfortuantely he jumped at shadows. To his credit he has learnt from his mistake :thumbsu: evident last year when he was content to let Talia slip to our second pick.
He doesn't have a set position on the field and lacks intensity/concentration.
Sadly I see a bit of Everitt in Howard (albeit Howard is shorter & has a better tank). Definately has the tools, just not sure if he will make the grade.

I'd take him anyday...if we have been able to play addison, stack, wight, djekurra....this list goes on over the last 5 years, i'd happily take a 20 year old who was touted as a top 3 pick 2 years ago. If he gets his fitness up he could be very valuable. Look at the effect it had on josh hill moving back home. Well worth a punt
Harsh on Addison. He's shown enough this season to warrant a place in the 22.

He doesn't have a set position on the field and lacks intensity/concentration.
Sadly I see a bit of Everitt in Howard (albeit Howard is shorter & has a better tank). Definately has the tools, just not sure if he will make the grade.

I tend to agree with you... He looks slow on the field and I'm yet to see any gut running from him to spread and make space at stoppages or get back to help the defenders. I'm hoping another pre-season helps his cause. One thing he doesn't lack is courage, seen him back into plenty of packs at both levels, so in that regard he is light years ahead of Everitt.

My cousin is a very cynical dogs supporter, but he said to me something funny the other day regarding our picks 5 & 6in the Draft:

"Don't worry. We will somehow find a way to FU*K it up ! " hehe !

I think we should just draft the best players we can, because our 2nd/3rd round picks could score us players that could learn to play similiar roles anyhow; rookie listing Toy howeven wouldn't be a bad option or a swap for Alex Greenwood whom I would of liked to of kept because hes played a good finals for Williamstown and can't get a game as of yet

What about Jordan Russell, would he fit the rebounding defender role, reckon he's got talent it's just that Carlton had too many similar types.

What about Jordan Russell, would he fit the rebounding defender role, reckon he's got talent it's just that Carlton had too many similar types.

Yeah, always been a fan of him. Is a good player and there is a good chance that he'll flourish at a new club.

He'll be 26 at the start of next season, so he fails the U24 rule I'm hoping we have for trading but we could do far worse.

Wouldn't be against it if we picked him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back