2012 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that Hawthorn's family mebership is for 2 adults and 4 children? and in Collingwoods case its 2 adults and 2 children.
Nice way to inflate the membership tally?

Why is it that Hawthorn's family mebership is for 2 adults and 4 children? and in Collingwoods case its 2 adults and 2 children.
Nice way to inflate the membership tally?

Loading membership numbers is exactly why they do it this way :rolleyes:
It has absolutely nothing to do with the family club making it easier and more affordable for families to support their club.

Nice way to screw more money out of families - nothing 'family' about collingwoods prices.

Just got this in the latest Membership email.

And sorry about whatever that horrible disease is that the email seems to have been infected by ;)

cats-membership-191211.png

I believe our tally is 23,731.

Collingwood TV add is filmed today i think, and i think we should reach 77-78k, easily past 2011 total and past man united i think

As of 19/12
Code:
Club                Members
West Coast           40,751
Hawthorn             39,960
Essendon             27,931
Richmond             24,011
Melbourne            20,100
Carlton              18,908
Western Bulldogs     17,732
North Melbourne      14,734
St Kilda             13,459
Port Adelaide        12,612
Sydney                9,715
Brisbane              9,359
Gold Coast            7,672
GWS                   2,389
Adelaide                N/A
Collingwood             N/A
Fremantle               N/A
Geelong                 N/A

As of 19/12
Code:
Club                Members
West Coast           40,751
Hawthorn             39,960
Essendon             27,931
Richmond             24,011
Melbourne            20,100
Carlton              18,908
Western Bulldogs     17,732
North Melbourne      14,734
St Kilda             13,459
Port Adelaide        12,612
Sydney                9,715
Brisbane              9,359
Gold Coast            7,672
GWS                   2,389
Adelaide                N/A
Collingwood             N/A
Fremantle               N/A
Geelong                 N/A

geez, West coast doing good

Say what you like about Hawthorn's membership levels but gees they have done an amazing job from where they were in the mid 90's. Kudos to them for turning it around and I hope North can do the same.

Collingwood TV add is filmed today i think, and i think we should reach 77-78k, easily past 2011 total and past man united i think

How may before 'full house' signs go up?

You can't fit 78K into the MCG ( after MCC/AFL reserves are deducted ), and while I'm sure some of them are 3 game members, eventually even they will fill any ground.

geez, West coast doing good

Speaking of full houses. WCE always sells out fast because they're limited by the size of the ground and if people don't renew promptly they wont get a membership.

North 15,041.

First time we've cracked 15k before Xmas I believe, even in the sympathy memberships year.

Really encouraging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic numbers and in the age of cut price deals and marketing the next top 8 Bombers and Tigers will be approaching 70K as well.

How the hell will it work? The limit for the cut price memberships must be approaching.

How may before 'full house' signs go up?

You can't fit 78K into the MCG ( after MCC/AFL reserves are deducted ), and while I'm sure some of them are 3 game members, eventually even they will fill any ground.

Speaking of full houses. WCE always sells out fast because they're limited by the size of the ground and if people don't renew promptly they wont get a membership.

People need to distance themselves from the concept of membership assuring them access to a game. Preference, sure...

Essendon will probably get more members in 2012 than Etihad holds... unless they move to the MCG there will be plenty of sold out signs up at Docklands, even if only 40k are there. How will the fans react? That remains to be seen....

Pies at 78k? Maybe this disassociation has already begun. No way all of them can get into the G on any given day

I'm MCC and we have seats at Etihad so my annual membership became a donation long ago. But it's still worth it. You're supporting the club, and being part of it, not really treating it as a value proposition

Carlton's tally is pretty darn low for a side that won its first final in a decade in 2011 and should be right up there next year...

Any suggestions as to why? Doesn't make sense to me

Carlton's tally is pretty darn low for a side that won its first final in a decade in 2011 and should be right up there next year...

2002 to 2007 has killed that club in a lot of ways. Carlton people just don't buy memberships.

People need to distance themselves from the concept of membership assuring them access to a game. Preference, sure...

Well GA memberships do say "entry subject to capacity"

They always seem to start low. Perhaps no automatic rollover memberships?

We always have a slow start. I don't think our auto renew numbers are anywhere near the other clubs.

Our reserved seat cutoff was extended from Dec 16 - Jan 05? Due to the club unable to process them in time as they've received very high demand. I would expect us to be between 45-50k members this year....hardly a problem I would have thought.

2002 to 2007 has killed that club in a lot of ways. Carlton people just don't buy memberships.
How does this troll not get carded for being a consistent troll is beyond me!

We had the third highest Victorian membership in 2011... higher than both Essendon and Richmond!

We will break our record membership again as we have nearly every year since 2003 which mysteriously lies almost at the start of the 2002-2007 period!

Keep up the good work Donk, every forum needs a capital Clown!

How does this troll not get carded for being a consistent troll is beyond me!

We had the third highest Victorian membership in 2011... higher than both Essendon and Richmond!

We will break our record membership again as we have nearly every year since 2003 which mysteriously lies almost at the start of the 2002-2007 period!

Keep up the good work Donk, every forum needs a capital Clown!
Be careful, I got banned for a week standing up to the insecure trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back