mojito

misfortune comes in threes...
Feb 21, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adel. Utd, Manc. Utd, Molde FK
Self explanatory general thread for all team off season business in the A-League as we move onto the next season.

Saw Zahra's off to Glory. Interesting.

Adelaide United:
IN: Jake Barker-Daish (Gold Coast United), Daniel Bowles (Gold Coast United), Teeboy Kamara (Adelaide United Youth Team), Evan Kostopoulos (Adelaide United Youth Team)

OUT: Spase Dilevski (Melbourne Victory), Ricardo Da Silva (released), Evgeniy Levchenko (released), Mark Birighitti (Newcastle Jets)

Brisbane Roar:
IN: Ben Halloran (Gold Coast United), Matt Acton (NYL)
OUT: Andrew Redmayne (Melbourne Heart), Issey Nakajima-Farran, Matt Mundy (released – Rochedale Rovers)

Central Coast Mariners:
IN: Zac Anderson (Gold Coast United), Anthony Caceres (Mariners NYL), James Oates (Mariners NYL), Mitchell Duke (Mariners NYL)
OUT: Stuart Musialik (released), Sutton (loan expired), Sam Gallagher (Melbourne Victory)

Melbourne Heart:
IN: Andrew Redmayne (Brisbane Roar)
OUT: Eli Babalj (Red Star Belgrade), Adrian Zahra (Perth Glory), Rutger Worm (released), Alex Terra (released), Kristian Sarkies (released), Kamal Ibrahim (released), Kliment Taseski (released), Maycon (released), Nikola Roganovic (released), Craig Goodwin (Newcastle Jets), Wayne Srhoj (released)

Melbourne Victory:
IN: Adam Traore (Gold Coast United), Sam Gallagher (Central Coast Mariners), Jonathon Bru, Spase Dilevski (Adelaide United)
OUT: Ante Covic (released), Carlos Hernandez (released) and Grant Brebner (released), Matthew Kemp (retired), Rodrigo Vargas (released), Tom Pondeljak (released), Harry Kewell (released)

Newcastle Jets:
IN: Mark Birighitti (Adelaide United), Mitch Cooper (Gold Coast United), James Brown (Gold Coast United), Craig Goodwin (Melbourne Heart), Adam Taggart (Perth Glory), Joshua Brillante (Gold Coast ), Scott Neville (Perth Glory) , Mitchell Oxborrow (AIS Youth), Connor Chapman (AIS Youth)
OUT: Tarek Elrich (Western Sydney Wanderers), Ali Abbas (Sydney FC), Jeremy Brockie (Wellington Phoenix), Labinot Haliti (released), Kasey Wehrman (released), Byun Sung-Hwan (released), Mario Simic (released), Matthew Nash (released), Chris Payne (released), Francis Jeffers (released), Nikolai Topor-Stanley (Western Sydney Wanderers)

Perth Glory:
IN: Adrian Zahra (Melbourne Heart), Michael Thwaite (Gold Coast United), Scott Jamieson (Sydney FC), Chris Harold (Gold Coast United), Nick Ward (Wellington Phoenix), Brandon O’Neill (NYL), Ndumba Makeche (NYL)
OUT: Adam Taggart (Newcastle Jets), Scott Neville (Newcastle Jets), Adrezinho (released), Todd Howarth, Josh Mitchell, Chris Coyne, Victor Sikora (retired)

Sydney FC:
IN: Adam Griffiths (Hangzhou, Chinese Super League), Fabio Alves Macedo (Melbourne Victory), Ali Abbas (Newcastle Jets), Mitch Mallia (Sydney FC Youth), Daniel Petkovski (Sydney FC Youth), Hagi Gligor (Sydney FC Youth), Vedran Janjetovic
OUT: Mark Bridge (Western Sydney Wanderers), Michael Beauchamp (Western Sydney Wanderers), Bruno Cazarine (released), Shannon Cole (Western Sydney Wanderers), Jamie Coyne (released), Scott Jamieson (Perth Glory), Karol Kisel (Slavia Prague, Czech Republic), Juho Makela (HJK, Finland), Liam Reddy (Western Sydney Wanderers)

Wellington Phoenix:
IN: Jeremy Brockie (Newcastle Jets), Glen Moss (Gold Coast United), Benjamin Totori
OUT: Nick Ward (Perth Glory), Daniel (released), Tony Warner (released), Tim Brown (retired).

Western Sydney Wanderers:
IN: Nikolai Topor-Stanley (Newcastle Jets), Mark Bridge (Sydney FC), Michael Beauchamp (Sydney FC),Shannon Cole (Sydney FC), Tarek Elrich (Newcastle Jets), Liam Reddy (Sydney FC), Aaron Mooy (St Mirren)

Self explanatory general thread for all team off season business in the A-League as we move onto the next season.

Saw Zahra's off to Glory. Interesting.

Isn't this what he looks like now after Muscat went through him?

attachment.php

I was speaking to someone who knows Zahra a few months ago, and he said that since the Muscat tackle, Zahra has become hesitant to take players on and go in for 50-50 balls (i.e. he's still psychologically scarred by the tackle, even if he is now fully fit physically). That said, his form has seemed to improve in the youth league in recent months, and I really do hope he forges a great career at Glory. He would've had limited opportunities at Heart anyway due to the emergence of Dugandzic. I hope he succeeds :)

Players that i've seen been linked to victory

Berisha (However i don't but it)
Rogic (Great Signing if we can grab him)
Mitch Cooper (Alot of Potential)
Ben Halloran (Hottest property in the league atm)
Thwaite (Would be great however I think he ends up with Brisbane)

Players that i've seen been linked to victory

Berisha (However i don't but it)
Rogic (Great Signing if we can grab him)
Mitch Cooper (Alot of Potential)
Ben Halloran (Hottest property in the league atm)
Thwaite (Would be great however I think he ends up with Brisbane)

Thwaite, O'Halloran and Cooper were all being chased by Roar when Ang was still a decent coach so it stands to reason he'll be chasing them.

Can't see Berisha going as you can't buy contracted players in the A League :confused: he'll be with Roar or sold overseas. I'd think he'll be with Roar.

Rogic will be chased by everyone you'd think. Maybe Arnold at Sydney will have the inside running.

Well done to Arnold for staying for less monday, he obviously has unifhsed business with the Mariners (or Sydney FC are that badly run even he wouldn't go there).

Scott Neville has signed with the Jets, wants more money and playing time. He wasn't the golden boy star of the future we thought he would be a couple of years ago but it's sad to see him go. Jonathan Gould has quit as Glory goalkeeping coach to go back to New Zealand too which is a shame.

Poster this in the Heart thread:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/spo...ill_come_Good/

NEWCASTLE United are to make Australian teenager Curtis Good their first summer signing after he impressed in a ten-day trial on Tyneside.

Good, who is a defender with Aussie side Melbourne Heart, impressed in a number of sessions at Newcastle's Darsley Park training base, and The Insider expects a formal approach for his services ahead of the opening of the transfer window later this summer.

The centre-half started his spell with the reserves squad, but was included in a number of senior sessions such was the extent of his impact.

However, Newcastle could have to pay up to £250,000 for the 19-year-old, as Melbourne Heart regard Good as the prize asset in their squad.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/spo...ill_come_Good/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thwaite, O'Halloran and Cooper were all being chased by Roar when Ang was still a decent coach so it stands to reason he'll be chasing them.

Can't see Berisha going as you can't buy contracted players in the A League :confused: he'll be with Roar or sold overseas. I'd think he'll be with Roar.

Rogic will be chased by everyone you'd think. Maybe Arnold at Sydney will have the inside running.

So what Ange just lost all his coaching ability as soon as he left Brisbane? Because it's not like he won Grand Finals anywhere else in Australian soccer :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Off season business

Remove this Banner Ad

Back