2012 Off season business

Remove this Banner Ad

By Perth by you mean that team that just signed an Australian international defender that you were chasing. We're not a retirement home anymore.

If Grosso comes to the A-League the 'boooo' every time he gets the ball will be great to hear, filthy diver. Also Wellington confirmed last week that they had pinched Jeremy Brockie from Newcastle on a three-year deal, great addition in my opinion.
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/239784,phoenix-snap-up-jeremy-brockie.aspx

Also Sydney FC have confirmed they have signed former Melbourne Victory defender Fabio on a two-year contract.
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1106957/Fabio-makes-move-to-Sydney-FC

I'd also be shocked if Melbourne Heart didn't announce a major marquee signing in the coming weeks. The Heart must have large funds available after the departure of a number of players including Alex Terra, Adrian Zahra, Rutger Worm, Kristian Sarkies, Kamal Ibrahim, Brendan Hamill. Also strong rumours suggesting Curtis Good will leave for Newcastle & Eli Babalj rumoured to depart for Red Star whilst Clint Bolton is still yet to put pen to paper on a new contract, surely they would have huge funds (huge funds compared to A-League sides) to spend.
There have already been a few rumoured players that the Heart are chasing. A strong rumour is that the heart have signed former Ajax and Schalke and Greek International striker Angelos Charisteas. Also rumoured are Ivan Klasnic, after recently being released by Bolton. Carlos Hernandez is also a potential buy, as is Socceroo Vince Grella. Rumours also suggest that Socceroos defender Matthew Spiranovic is unhappy with his football in the J-League and is looking for a return to Australia. There are even rumours, although quite unlikely, that the Heart are chasing none other than former Liverpool, Real Madrid and Manchester United legend Michael Owen as their number one target. Who knows what could happen.

Obviously it is impossible for all these players to sign, the club wouldn't be able to afford more than two stars. Most likely I'd say would be Spiranovic, Charisteas and perhaps Hernandez.

Spiranovic will play for MVFC if he returns. Sister plays in the w-league team.

Grella would be my tip for their next marquee

Skoko 2.0

Just saw it (Gameiro rumor) on Fox Sports News, Spurs should be signing a player like him. I find it staggering that he's even being linked to the Heart. I doubt it'll happen, but it's quite amazing nonetheless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Off season business

Remove this Banner Ad

Back